Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > App Reviews >

Scan2Invoice

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Bills + Expenses

3.7 out of 5 stars

Based on 10 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Scan2Invoice, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Scan2Invoice

The scan button for Xero, speeding up the scanning process significantly. Simply scan, enter data and upload your invoice in one go.
For more information, check out Scan2Invoice.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Scan2Invoice, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, contact Scan2Invoice support.

Great way to make you accounting completely paperless!
Simple to use, and, as you do all the 'work' yourself, INSTANTLY (unlike others like Entryless, that have a process time after uploading) above all: FREE!

Hope there will be a phone app for uploading files soon!

Nick Galama  

I am eager to try this add-on but cannot install it on my office network. The anti-virus installed on our PCs, Norton 360, does not recognise the install file for Scan2Invoice.

Based on the demo screens shown in the YouTube video this application looks promising. I hope security issues are addressed and I can try it for myself.

Terry Ledger  

Really like this little add on. Makes entering and scanning of invoices directly into Xero much quicker than having to scan and save to desktop then attach as a file. If it was possible to create personalised 'default' settings for scanning ( the first option is always flat bed & I always have to pick the document feeder & the custom setting for each scan)....then it would be even better!

Marina Hill  

Great add on! Not fancy but does a great job at automatically recognising text and uploading invoices. Highly recommended.

James Groom  

Not recommended. The product doesn't link with Xero (there is a link button but it doesn't do anything) and there are no instruction at all to help in solving this issue. This is inexcusable. Why not take the time to provide a small manual. It would only take a few hours.

Brian Owens  

When you press the "Connect to Xero" button, a web page should open up where you need to enter your Xero username and password. Below is a link to a Youtube video that shows the connection process.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-J6690Iag

Our support team will be happy to assist you if you have any more questions.

Bjoern Krollner  

Tried several attempts but won't connect to sharp scanner/copier. Given up due to no support

Rod Schober  

Hi Rod, Sorry to hear that your scanner does not work with Scan2Invoice. Our support team will be happy to assist you. http://www.scan2invoice.com/contact/

Bjoern Krollner  

Awesome product. Worked first time. And here, here to having a free limited version for people like us who have a small business and only use this feature occasionally.

Mandy Matheson  

Just quickly tried this program, can you please add tracking to it. Then i do not
need to go back into xero to edit.

Otherwise looks good and worked fine!

Alfia Dipalma  

Hi, I have manage to get one invoice up loaded but gone to do my next invoice and it comes up with error no file selected. Have selected file but still error.

Jenny Stibbards  

Hi Jen, after uploading an invoice, you need to double click on the next invoice to bring it up the pdf viewer. After that the upload should work. If you need more help, please do not hesitate to contact me http://www.scan2invoice.com/contact/

Bjoern Krollner  

Great Idea Poor Delivery. The concept of this software is fantastic, and in the right developers hands it could revolutionise accounting practices. However it is too raw in its current form and needs some AI in order for it to learn from previous manual inputs.

Invoices from suppliers could include multiple Account Codes, there is no provision to add an additional line item.

If you add multiple PDFs clicking on one at a time, it does not update the Bill Data instead it uses the data from the previous one even after clicking recognise.

I am giving it 1 Star due to the idea only.

Angus Doyle  

Hi Angus, Thanks for trying out Scan2Invoice and leaving a review.

To your first point, if you tick the corresponding checkbox, Scan2Invoice will remember the account and tax rate for a contact and prefill this information the next time you receive an invoice from that contact.

In regards to multiple account codes, you are right Scan2Invoice currently only supports summary invoices. But even with only one account code, it is still a very quick way to create an invoice in Xero that then can be further edited directly in Xero if multiple account codes are required.

To your last point, Scan2Invoice will only fill in empty fields when you click recognise to avoid overwriting user input. I guess you wanted to click multiple PDFs one at a time to test how the recognition algorithm works. If you want to do this, you need to click the "clear" button before you click "recognise".

If you have further questions or suggestions I would be happy to discuss this with you:
http://www.scan2invoice.com/contact/

And of course I hope I can change your mind about the 1 star review :-)

Kind regards,
Bjoern
Scan2Invoice

Bjoern Krollner  

It would be great if you could add extra lines. This is not just due to coding to different accounts but also that some invoices have zero rate and 20% VAT in the same invoice. I agree this enables the paperless office. Good stuff.

Spencer Nash  

Hi Spencer, thank you very much for your feedback and review. We are currently working on adding multiple lines in Scan2Invoice which will allow to split invoices into VAT/GST and zero tax rates. This new feature will be included in version 1.6.0 or newer (which we estimate to release mid June 2016).
Cheers, Bjoern

Bjoern Krollner  

I have been using Scan2Invoice for 12 months and found it a great timesaver with processing paper work for clients that have large volumes of supplier invoices every week. There is no third party involved and the upload to Xero is instant.
The latest version has meant that I save even more time as the invoice lines can be split before they are uploaded and emailed pdf copies of the invoices can be imported into Scan2Invoice doing away with the need to print and scan.
I love it. Thank you Bjoern!

Ingrid Johnston  

Hi Ingrid, thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated. Bjoern

Bjoern Krollner