Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Accounting >

PDF Files to Text

Started by Norman Vincent -   in Accounting

At the recent roadshow, several people asked how to convert PDF files to text so they can be imported to Xero

A relatively cheap solution can be found at

www.textfrompdf.com

I use it successfully in one of my consulting roles
Hi Norman,
I think there are a few options for converting PDFs - I use a package called Nitro PDF. When it works it is magic (PDFs go in, CSVs some out), but doesn't work very well with some of the banks (statement formats not as nice as you'd hope for).

It would be very nice indeed if the major banks could provide more history downloadable as QIF,

Rhys Roberts  

Thanks Rhys but this was the best I could find for converting Recipient Created Tax Invoices that the client insisted on sending via PDF

Norman Vincent  

Another solution is to use a service like www.shoeboxed.com.au (integrates with Xero)

Scott Ryburn  

Shoeboxed is a great automated solution.

If it's just ad hoc PDF to word conversions give http://pdftoword.com/ a shot. NitroPDF are behind it. Their paid PDF application is awesome too!

Campbell King