Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Find & Recode - Edit Tracking on Bank Account Transfer

Started by John Liu in Feature Requests | Idea

Hi,
I have different funds to follow and I am using the tracking category to do it.
Is Xero planning to implement the possibility to recode the tracking category/group for transfer transactions between bank account in bulk?
Thank you
Yes, priority one feature enhancement thanks.

Garry Lougher

I am in desperate need to recode all my previous transfers, we have a dozen tracking codes, and need to recode transfers to tidy up

Tessa Guildford

Merged: Add Bank Transfers to Find and Recode

When operating a Xero account using tracking categories there is not the way to add a tracking category to a bank transfer within the reconcile window. Also, if you have operated for some time without adding tracking categories to the bank transfers you cannot easily recode these transactions to add the tracking one-by-one.

My feature request is two-fold:

1) Allow users to be able to select tracking categories when reconciling bank transfers

2) Allow users to add tracking categories to bank transfers in bulk from the find and recode. Currently, there is no way to pull up bank transfers in find and recode.

Thank you!

Ian Crook

Yes please!! My balance sheets are all messed up when I'm doing them by tracking category and it's not possible to find them in find and recode.

Nick Riley

This would be exceptionally useful. Please.

Milan De Vito