Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Point of sale

4 out of 5 stars
Based on 2 user ratings

About Square

Accept credit cards from an iPhone, iPad, or Android device. Run your business with free point of sale software and free back office tools. For more information, check out Square.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Square, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Square support center or this page for information on connecting Square to Xero.

We've been a Square user since soon after Square began and we switched our entire merchant system to them 2 years ago. There will always be caveats about usability and for your specific domain you should research. For a confectionary/bakery Square gets the job done with little overhead. They have a long roadmap ahead to become an extraordinary service but we've really had little trouble with running 2 retail storefronts and wholesale/retail accounts.

Recently the Xero team integrated Square and the workload has gotten even faster. We look forward to deeper levels of this digital-handshake but again, they have taken hours off my clock and turned it into minutes spent. I love that.

Andy Ciordia  

We have have been using Square and the Square Market for one of my own companies. It is a start-up apparel company and we choose Square since there was little learning curve and no investment to set it up. We use the Square Market to embedded products on our website (Reelminapparel.com), the ipad and mobile POS solution.

With the Xero integration it is effortless to get the sales and payments over to Xero. All that is left is to match the deposits when they come over from the bank feed.

Jay Kimelman