Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Add SAML authentication support

Started by Michael Lawton in Feature Requests | Under Consideration

It would be good to support SAML in a service provider role. This would allow businesses to manage the identities themselves (a lot of businesses connect their identity provider to LDAP for instance)

This would also allow staff to login easier and depending on the identity provider setup, more securely.
Official Xero Reply
Hi everyone, thanks for your input in this conversation since my last ask here.
In the same vein as mentioned in my last update, we don't have plans for introducing SAML authentication however we're exploring SSO through OpenID - Thanks for everyone that's returned to add detail of their specific needs & interests, this is valuable to the team's discovery.

Azure AD and Okta are the two leading contenders that we're seeing rise. Before resourcing further in this there is some deeper work the team are doing surrounding the Xero login to update and streamline the authentication process. Being open we do expect this to keep them busy into the starts of 2021.
When there is more movement picking up around SSO, I'll return to update you all on this again. In the meantime, we're still all ears and welcome all your feedback here.

Kelly M (Community Manager)