Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Small Business >

CBA Commbiz bank direct feeds (not Netbank)

Started by Kylie Osborne -   in Small Business

I am hoping there is a way to setup a bank direct feed from our CBA Commbiz bank account. CBA advised to contact Xero, wondering if there is a way around this to reduce the manual import process.
Hi Kylie, I am just wondering if you received any replies from Xero or CBA on this query
David

David Watt  

I have set up a feed with our commbiz account. It doesn't happen automatically though. You have to fill out this form and send it to the bank. Ours took several weeks to set up. CBA kept saying it was done on their end but it wasn't showing up in xero. Once i contacted xero support they got it working for us.

https://www.commbank.com.au/content/dam/commbank/personal/apply-online/download-printed-forms/customer-authority-form_xero.pdf

Sarah Tolhurst  

This is great Sarah! Thankyou. I will five this a go at let you know how I go.

Kylie Osborne  

Thanks for updating this thread, Sarah :)

Brittany H (Community Manager)  

how did you get this done i have the same problem.

Ryan Calvert  

Ryan
Download and complete a CBA form then send it to CBA and after about 5-10 business days (I know right) your bank feeds will commence. The form can be found at

https://www.commbank.com.au/content/dam/commbank/personal/apply-online/download-printed-forms/customer-authority-form_xero.pdf

David Watt  

We have done that 4 weeks ago and have been told by comm bank that the feeds are there but when we go to setup feeds it comes up with net bank not combiz login

Ryan Calvert  

I think it depends on the type of account with the CBA. With the suggested form I managed to get one bank account setup. That one took about a month. I received a notification that the direct feed was setup when I logged in. I am however having issues getting a term deposit setup for direct feeds - although it shows direct feeds are available for this account - its been almost 2 months with follow up and I am yet to have success.

Kylie Osborne  

Merged: Commonwealth Bank Feeds - Login through ComBiz

Is it possible to get the option for Automatic Bank feeds for the Commonwealth Bank to have the option to log into Commbiz instead of Netbank as Commbiz is the Business online banking option with the Commonwealth Bank

Ron Jansons  

I have the same problem and have filled in the CBA Authority forms. Can anyone advise what address at CBA the form needs to be mailed to?

Simon Liddicoat  

Hi Simon,
The address should be on the form in Section 4:
Client Maintenance
PO Box 492
Lidcombe NSW 2141
It does take some time for the form to be processed...

Kylie Osborne  

Hi Simon, in section 4 (page 2) you'll find the address to return the signed, original form to.
Currently:
Client Maintenance
PO Box 492
Lidcombe NSW 2141

@Kylie - do hope you've already got the help you need here. Right now, we don't have direct feeds available for term deposit accounts, only those listed on our Help Centre page. If you're not sure of your type of account, reach out to Support who can help confirm. :)

@All - You can connect CBA feeds through NetBank online, however if you're wanting to connect through ComBiz you'll need to download, fill in the CBA Authority form and send it to the address specified on the form.

Kelly M (Community Manager)  

Hi Ron, you can do this by downloading, filling in the CBA Authority form, and posting to the specified address. Details & the form in our help centre.
There's a similar discussion on this that I'm going to merge your post to, so we can keep the conversation all together.

Kelly M (Community Manager)  

I sent the forms a month ago, still didn't get the bank feed yet. How long will that take to set it up?

Phoebe Tsoi  

I would expect about a month turnaround... there have been instances where I resent the request in case the original request was lost in the mail.

Kylie Osborne  

Hiya Phoebe, Support will need to know that you're waiting for a feed. Can you please reach out and let them know you've sent in your form.

Brittany H (Community Manager)  

Even if you normally use CommBiz, if you're an account signatory, you can still set up Xero feeds in NetBank. There are no 'CommBiz accounts' or 'NetBank accounts' - they're all CBA accounts and customers can choose to access them via one or both online banking platforms.

John Smith  

Does anyone know if it is possible to get foreign currency account bank feeds from Commbiz?

Renee Neville