Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Using Xero Connected Apps >

Is there an App for wholesalers?

Started by Chris Williams -   in Using Xero Connected Apps

I have a client, a wholesale florist, who takes orders from florists, then travels to market and purchases all the stock he needs to fulfill the orders.

Is there an app that would enable him to enter the orders into software (generating draft invoices) and then print a report that tells him exactly what he needs to buy from market to fulfill that week's orders?

It would be great to only have to enter the orders once, ie into an app that then feeds into Xero, rather than setting up a second tool to generate the report he needs to go to market.

Does anyone know of any add-ons that could help? Or could you point me in the right direction? Many thanks!
Check out Dear Systems. I'd be happy to get a demo set up for you if you'd like. Feel free to contact me directly at devon@skepsistech.com.

Devon Thurtle Anderson  

Hi Chris,

Did you manage to find a suitable solution for your client? Many of the Xero Apps would cover the requirement listed above, Cin7, OrderHive, Dear, Unleashed, Trade Gecko.

Anything with a pick list should suffice. However if expiry dates are required then your options will be a little more limited.

Thanks
Darren - BlueHub

Darren Franks  

Thanks Devon & Darren, I appreciate the replies. I was a bit daunted by initial advice that there are hundreds of possibilities. I just don't have the time to research, contact, test etc that many apps. I'l try the ones you've suggested.

One thing I need - that I'm not sure is available - is the ability to enter more information in the backend, but then generate invoices with summarised information. E.g. the back end order includes 2 red roses, 3 white roses, 2 orange roses & 3 purple roses; but then the invoice generated simply says 10 roses. So the back end reports can be used to go to market and make the colour specific purchases, but the customer has a simplified invoice (just so the invoice is not 10 pages long).

Sorry for the detail but this is the thing I can't find. Let me know if you can help but in the meantime I'll check out the apps you suggested.

Many thanks again for the replies,

Chris

Chris Williams  

Hi Chris,

This is termed differently from app to app, but if you look for Bill of Material or Bundle functionality that would be what you're looking for.

I'd suggest looking at Unleashed to begin with. I'm sure if you contact them directly they'd provide a demo.

Thanks
Darren - BlueHub

Darren Franks  

Fantastic, will do. Thanks Darren, really helpful.
Chris

Chris Williams  

Hi Chris,

Check out quiksys.com.au who have developed an App (both Apple & Android) that clients place their orders directly into. There is then an Admin Panel which does everything you seem to be asking for then integrates with Xero using the API.

It's a new system - currently working for Providores = Fruit & Veg; Meat & Poultry; & Dry Goods but absolutely no reason why this couldn't work for florists.

For more info or a demo of their system email john@quiksys.com.au.

Good Luck
Heather :-)

Heather Quinn-Jackson