Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > App Reviews >

Lightspeed

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Point of sale

Not rated yet
If you are a user of Xero and Lightspeed, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Lightspeed

Lightspeed's integration to Xero seamlessly connects your point of sale to your Xero Accounting software, saving you time and money. For more information, check out Lightspeed.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Lightspeed, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Lightspeed support centre or this page for information on connecting Lightspeed to Xero.

Hi Bryce,
I am a bookkeeper and am helping a bicycle shop in QLD Brisbane set up with Lightspeed and Xero.
Would you have five minutes to chat and get a general idea how you set up you categories especially with Bicycles and Frames with serial numbers?
Many thanks
Clare

Clare Wigley  

I am experiencing the same issue with an 'Inventory' type account in Xero not showing up in Shogo/Lightspeed Accounting for mapping with Lighspeed categories. Is this something Xero needs to address from their end? The 'Current Asset' type account may be the workaround for now, but is this likely to get a fix in order to be able to use 'Inventory' type accounts?

I am following the Shogo/LSA guide to post separate payment deposit invoices awaiting payment together with an itemized (or summary) invoice with total payments posting to the Xero 'Tracking Transfers' system account clearing a zero balance. Does the use of the 'Tracking Transfers' system account for this pose any potential problem, if Xero were to lock this account for posting in the future as it apparently does with 'Inventory' type accounts?

I am still waiting on an answer to these questions from both Xero and Shogo/LSA before proceeding to activate posting to Xero from Shogo/LSA. Hope to hear back!

Gerhard Barth  

Hey Bryce are you working with Lightspeed to resolve these issues? Any ETA. Some are critical for a client I have that's considering it.

Sally Dean  

Update: 10/11/2016 Sally Dean!
Shogo have updated exports to Xero to include ref/invoice numbers which make it through to Xero. I have been told that credits or stock returns will be functioning shortly. (these currently don'y come at all).

We've been up and running a few weeks now with Lightspeed>Shogo.io> Xero. A few challenges to get the head around so far.

1) Currently a long delay for data to come through to Xero from L/S. 48hrs+ currently.

2) We are unable to post to the 'Inventory' account IN XERO so had to create a new inventory account code classed as a ' CURRENT ASSET' not as "INVENTORY".

3) GST on purchases is not calculated in lightspeed and is sent through to Xero as "other cost'. This is posted to the gst account in Xero and shows as an additional line on purchases In XERO (not in the GST Calculation box at the bottom )

4) Invoices for goods received, have no way of showing invoice number come thru to Xero (via purchase orders)

It is great to have everything cloud base and up and running. Hopefully this is further refined as currently a few holes in the process flow.

Bryce Shapley