Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > App Reviews >

AccountKit

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Accountant tools

5 out of 5 stars

Based on 30 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and AccountKit, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About AccountKit

A suite of tools to assist accountants with the administration, compliance and advisory areas of their practice. For more information, check out AccountKit.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with AccountKit, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the AccountKit support centre or this page for information on connecting AccountKit to Xero.

We have been using AccountKit for a month now after hearing about it 6 months ago. My only regret is I didn’t hear about it 2 years ago and implement it immediately. In a nutshell AccountKit solves all my pain points with my current App Stack which is Xero, XPM, Now Infinity, Class & Dropbox. It glues all the apps together and fills in the functionality blanks that exist for tax practitioners in public practice.

Its interesting reading the other reviews because everyone seems to have a different function as their favourite. Mine without doubt is the correspondence register. I have been whinging to staff for 5 years now about the lack of progress by Xero in this area but this part of AccountKit has exceeded my expectations. It’s all very simple but works really really well and allows for transparency of client communication across the whole firm. Anyway, if you are reading this and are not sure whether to go ahead or not (those multiple monthly subscriptions do start adding up 😊) just do it – its a must have add-on for the cloud accountant.

Gregory Coleman  

The team at Advise are always looking for ways to reduce admin and automate compliance work within our firm. Paul and the team are always ready to help, we love that Account-Kit integrates with so many platforms that we use within our business, XPM, Xero, Now Infinity, Slack and the ATO for lodgement stats.

Erin Roughley  

The inter-entity loan tool saves me so much time and effort reconciling loans between client files! I absolutely love it... where has it been all my life!

Justine Vorich  

We have been using Account-Kit for over 2 years now, we were hunting for cloud-based software that integrated with Xero to manage our client’s equipment finance schedules, and Account-Kit was the only product that ticked all the boxes! We love how it is so easy to post journals directly into Xero files and how it makes reconciliations a breeze. Paul has been great to deal with, taking on feedback and helping make our lives just that bit easier.

Christina Cotter  

Paul and the team at Account Kit have developed some wonderful tools that make our life so much easier. The client mapping for complex structures is great as to the financing and inter company loan tools. Account Kit is the must have App for all accounting firms wanting to increase their efficiencies.

Michael Kirby  

AccountKit have been awesome, the integrations alone are worth their weight in gold, and then start using their modules like the equipment finance and you will never look back. Paul and the team are also really great to deal with and understand an accountants needs.

Allister Blyth  

Account-Kit will save me hours on a monthly basis when you have to reconcile over 60 inter-entities. Valuable add-on for our firm.

Annie Wang  

We have been a user for just over a month and the product has WOW Factor !
- Equipment finance calculator streamlines the postings of journals in Xero
- Intercompany loan rec will save our team hours every month, as the system does the hard work and highlghts where the accountants should focus their attention (which transactions are causing loan accounts to be out of balance)
- Text messaging clients helps us chase clients to sign documents, using details out of XPM

Brendan Lucas  

Account Kit has been great for saving all of our clients details and correspondence we have even been able to link it via zapier to Asana to automatically setup tasks for client calls. Their support team is also great and always responds promptly.

Shaneel Pforr  

We have introdiced Account Kit into our practice 2 months ago and the difference it has made is outstanding:

Messaging and meeting notes are now better recorded with it being fully paperless.

Equipment loans are easily managed and balanced now, and if a client misses a repayment or it rejects we are onto it alot quicker.

Franking accounts are easily updated balanced and referenced to look up.

Accountkit is the biggest software upgrade since we bought in Xero and it is making major positive changes to the way we run our business.

We cannot recomend this software enough.

Kristian Mallia  

AccountKit has greatly helped organise our processes especially with Correspondence Register and Equipment Finance as it brings them together in a single site instead of going through each client folder to look for it. Their support team are very helpful as well. Highly recommended!

Emir Shareen Raval  

Account-Kit has ended our frustrations over reconciling inter-company accounts and keeping track of our client's external loans. Thanks Account-Kit for assisting in making our month-end process seamless!

Angela Fisher  

AccountKit is simple to use and has removed much of my manual processes particularly with its inter entity loan reconciliation and ATO lodgement list management.

Damian Lally  

AccountKit will save us a lot of time in manual processing, at the same time we can present our client's with a great summary of their information in a easy to read, yet formal presentation format.

Luke Gullone  

Account-Kit is a vital 'gap filler' for the modern Xero Practice. At Quantum Advisory we now couldn't do without it. Also, the Account-Kit team are always open to development suggestions, and their support is world class.

Matt Beattie  

AccountKit makes some of the clunkier functions in Xero work, so you save so much time!

Tracy Butler  

We are loving AccountKit for Inter Entity Loans and Equipment Finance Schedules. It just works!

Nick Cole  

These guys know their sh!t

Nathan Pearce  

AccountKit is a brilliant addition to our app stack, as bookkeepers we are loving the ability to provide inter group loan reconciliation reports both to our clients and to the accounting practices we work with. We have also started to use the equipment finance tools and we love that it does the heavy lifting for us at month end.

Lisa Boseley  

Accountkit is designed by accountants for accountants and it completely nails the brief. It integrates with all of our software pieces and ensures that there is no duplication of data. We absolutely love the tools it provides like the client maps, the lodgement list tracking, the professional development register and most importantly the inter entity loan reconciliations. The loan reconciliation tool is an absolute game changer. Can't wait to see what they add next!

Lee Duffield  

AccountKit filled three significant functions for our firm 1) Equipment Finance Schedules, 2) Correspondence Register, and 3) Client Maps. It fills the holes in Xero and XPM that accountants need to be in business. AccountKit is now irreplaceable in our firm after only a few months - I wished we jumped on sooner after I first saw them in 2016.

Matthew Hicks  

We have just started using Account Kit. I absolutely love the inter-entity loan reconciliation tool. It is actually fun to use, something like a geeky accountants version of Soduku, so well done to you and your team. A task that we were too scared to even attempt before has been made fun.

Russel Miller  

AccountKit is a great product that works well with Xero. The AccountKit team are fantastic, they respond to any queries/issues promptly and are willing to assist with any query no matter the size. I would highly recommend AccountKit.

Emma Buckley  

AccountKit has been a fantastic addition to our suite of software, filling in a lot of the gaps in what other providers are offering, and integrating beautifully with all things Xero (and even, to some extent, with the ATO!). The team have been great to deal with through the on boarding process, providing training, fixing any small issues and constantly adding new and useful features. We are excited to see what the future holds and look forward to even more internal efficiency gains as new features and integrations are rolled out.

Ben Kurtz  

Account Kit has allowed us to create efficiencies within our business, mainly through the use of the inter entity loan and equipment finance tools. The Account Kit team were of great help throughout the implementation process ensuring that all of our clients were on boarded smoothly!

Armand Nariman  

I have always been a fan since I saw their initial product at Xerocon a few years ago. Paul, the owner, is very engaging to talk to and knowledgeable on both the development/IT side of things as well as being an accountant himself!

The reality of implementing new software (completing Account Kit, XPM and Suite Files all in one go) can be very stressful, but having Paul as the backbone of that making sure we get the most out of Account Kit once we input our data has been reassuring! They are always innovating and really value their customers, their customer service in unrivaled and we are so happy to be a part of the Account Kit family!! It is a MUST HAVE when working with Xero Practice Manager in my humble opinion!

Cally Duncan  

Account Kit has been amazing with reducing time spent keeping databases up to date & correct. Plus being able to automate the work relating to equipment finance interest & intercompany loans is great!

Their support & help with implementation has been great.

Steve Black  

AccountKit allows us to move away from spreadsheets, and ensure all of our systems link together. Our favourite features include the mail register, correspondence register and equipment finance tools. These tools allow us to be more efficient internally, and streamline a lot of our processes.

Elisha Huke  

Account Kit provides the tools for modern accounting practices to efficiently monitor and comply with obligations without the need for manually updated and error prone spreadsheets. The practice tools are easy to use. Integration with XPM eliminates the need for multiple databases and the dashboard provides a very clear snapshot.

Paul Sweeney  

AccountKit has become an integral part of our internal compliance system, as well as improving our external offering. The equipment finance tool has been fantastic for managing the monthly reporting requirements for clients with a large amount of leases. Paul and the team have gone above and beyond to help make the integration into our systems seamless.

Jonathan Kane  

Account-Kit’s seamless integration in to Xero Practice Manager and Xero has helped our firm reduce inefficiencies and streamline our internal systems. A must have add-on for XPM.

Cale Siegmann