Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

LivePlan

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Reporting

2 out of 5 stars

Based on 2 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and LivePlan, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About LivePlan

Make better business decisions by creating smart budgets and sales goals and then tracking your progress towards those goals with one easy-to-use dashboard. For more information, check out LivePlan.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with LivePlan, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the LivePlan help center or this page for information on connecting LivePlan to Xero.

Hi, If anyone is considering using LivePlan, it turns out that it will not work if your Xero client has a credit card setup. The issue is that Xero sets up credit cards as bank account assets....except not really, because they show up in Xero as liabilities.

Anyway, for the scorecard, LivePlan will add any credit card balances to cash - making cash appear higher than actual. The credit card balance is not recorded as a liability.

I asked LivePlan support about this and they say that Xero needs to fix this. Not sure how LivePlan qualified as a Xero addon with this basic incompatability?

Too bad really, I was hoping to use LivePlan for my business planning services with Xero clients.

If anyone can suggest an alternate to LivePlan, I would be interested to hear about it.

Karen Hallson-Kundel  

I, too, had a lot of hope for LivePlan. I became certified through their program and really like it. However, I noticed the cash was highly inflated as well and see that it is because of the credit cards. I wish they could get this fixed so it will be a useable product.

Donna L. Bordeaux CPA  

Hi Guys - do you know if this feature has been fixed yet?

Dianne Underwood  

Hi everyone- this is Caroline Cummings, VP of Business Development from LivePlan. We have identified the fix and it will release this summer. The fix has some other issues around it and will launch with a bigger release this summer. The issue is that XERO treats a credit card in their API as a bank account and gives us as a developer no way to differentiate and know that it is a credit card. This then makes the credit card balances a NEGATIVE balance and they are brought in as an asset instead of a liability. In reality, they need to fix this API bug so that we can recognize them and distinguish them from bank accounts.

What we have done is worked to recognize when the account is a credit card, and then we put it into a liability in LivePlan, but we need to do a few other things before we launch this fix. Ideally though, XERO should fix this issue in the XERO API so that the credit card can be recognized in the proper way when we bring it into LivePlan.

Caroline Cummings  

Hi Caroline,

Do you have a date yet for the release of the fix for Xero? I'm anxious to try LIvePlan but not if the interface is not working properly.

Barbara Steinberg