Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Time tracking

5 out of 5 stars
Based on 10 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Chrometa, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Chrometa

Track your time automatically and create timesheets and invoices effortlessly. Chrometa captures every minute of your time as you work on your PC and/or Mac. For more information, check out Chrometa.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Chrometa, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Chrometa support centre or this page for information on connecting Chrometa to Xero.

Chrometa could be good but to get any useful information out of it you need to buy reports that are not included in the monthly fee. This takes it out of what I consider to be a reasonable price range.

EDIT: The review below this, from Dragos Ailiesei, says my claim is not true, because there are reports you can export. Unfortunately, the reports you can export are not very useful for billing. That is why Chrometa charges for the useful ones.

EDIT: Motivated by Dragos's response, I tried Chrometa again and they have indeed improved their reporting enormously. As this was the only thing making it useless, I am trying it again and so far it is looking good.

Tom Trainer  

Not true, you can export the excel reports for free. The price range is comparable to the Harvest app but the features are well on Chrometa side.

Dragos Ailiesei  

$52,000 per year is how much more Chrometa will enable me to catch in billing. I calculated my underbilling as a minimum 4 hours per week. At $250 per hour ($1000 per week, $52,000 per annum) I'm elated with the way Chrometa picks up every billing minute through Gmail, iPhone, Outlook and Word & Excel Documents. I have connected Chrometa to XERO (one-touch process). Chrometa charges in 1, 6, 10-minute increments if I ask it to. I am quite computer illiterate, yet was able to install the programme, learn how it worked, with the help of online Videos and other written instructions. There is an online HELP service if required. I am an employment lawyer in Petone. I am very, very happy with this programme.

Viv d'Or  

I never knew I was running a charity until I installed Chrometa! The first day I ran it I found over one hours worth of billable time. Without the Timeline feature, I'd have lost it - and never billed for it.

I run Chrometa on the PC in my office, my Mac at home, and on my Android phone. It captures the time I spend on each device and syncs it up centrally for me in my main account.

I use Xero as the central source of my client list. Chrometa syncs up with this list, so that I can assign my time entries to the right client (or better yet let the rules do this for me) - and then I send the time entries back across to Xero as invoices.

Once you start keeping your time automatically you'll never go back to notes and timers!

Carson Gross  

Not sure what Tom is referring to - all reports are available on every plan level. This is fantastic for billing. I always thought I was losing time but had no idea how much until I started using this. As Viv said the ROI is huge.

Becky McDonald  

My boss liked the Activity Detail I submitted with my invoice so much that she now includes a blurb in her sales pitch and proposal about how detailed and accurate we are with our time reporting.

Pankaj Singh  

As I travel for my work at lot, I find myself using my cell phone more and more while on the go. Now that I have the Chrometa Android App, I see that I was losing thousands of dollars’ worth of time by not itemizing these calls. In fact, I downloaded the new app while on the road, and was able to sync my phone calls retroactively within minutes! Yeah Chrometa! I love the new Android App, and can’t wait to see your other new features.

Justy Namentel  

The Outlook Add In is worth my monthly subscription price many times over. I was never able to reconcile all of my email time effectively on my own. With Chrometa it's easy because every email I touch is captured as a time entry, with all the info I need to invoice for it in Xero.

Laura Thomas  

Very good product with GREAT support! Adam, you are my hero. You help me right away every time I need the help! Rest of the team is really nice too.

Emma Johnson  

I was always hesitant to use Chrometa due to the price, but then I figured all of the other programs I had pieced together to accomplish some of the same things. The best features are the Android app (finally I can catch and bill for text messages) and the Outlook add-in - I spend 60% to 80% of my day in email, and I was losing so much income because I would get frustrated figuring my time, and just bill clients a tenth of an hour no matter how much time I would spend emailing them.

Anne Wilson