Breadwinner brings up-to-date Xero Invoices into Salesforce, allowing for receivable reporting by company and opportunity.
For more information, check out Breadwinner.
Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Breadwinner, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.
For general support visit the Breadwinner website.
Breadwinner is close to automatic but currently three clicks are required to create an Invoice in Xero from an Opportunity or Account (reasons why in the long version). To get auto-creation of Invoices in Xero upon marking an Opportunity Closed Won, you'll need something like Carry the One, OneSaaS, or Zapier.
However, none of those tools will bring the Invoice data/status/payment/etc. back into Salesforce. So you can create Invoices from Salesforce but you won't see the Invoice in Salesforce or know if it's paid from Salesforce. And thus won't have the handy per-Account charts in Salesforce on each SF Account, or aggregate totals on each Account, that you get with Breadwinner.
We could (in theory) make the process of Invoice creation fully automatic from Breadwinner to Xero. But this would break a number of features, including:
* allowing Breadwinner customers to have multiple invoices per opportunity, such as an initial deposit invoice and a balance invoice, or a top-up invoice
* allowing Breadwinner customers to connect a single Salesforce Account to multiple Xero Customers, as is common when dealing with a larger company that has multiple depts/branches/sites/etc
* allowing Breadwinner customers to add additional detail to the Xero Contact when creating an Invoice for the first time - info like First Name, Last Name, email, etc.
* allowing tweaks of the Invoice Date, Due Date, Reference, Tax, Account Code or Xero tracking categories.
* allowing additional line items for notes to customers, or additional line items for anything
So, as much as we would love to make it automatic, the three clicks required to make an invoice with Breadwinner also allow all of the above and much more, which is why we decided to not to be fully automatic.
hope that helps!
I'm sorry you had issues getting access, but I don't believe you ever filed a support case or contacted us to take advantage of our complimentary support and onboarding.
It could have been a software issue, or equally a user issue, but we would have been glad to help with either.
If you reach out to us through our support channel (which is both embedded in the Salesforce App, and at https://help.breadwinnerhq.com/) I'll be glad to work with you so you can connect to Xero through Breadwinner.
Breadwinner is really the vital link between salesforce.com and Xero. The section in salesforce is really customisable and so you can make it your own in many ways.
#lovinbreadwinner #gogetitnow #itjustworks
Our team is committed to the Salesforce platform and our account managers understand that 'if it’s not in Salesforce, it doesn’t exist.” Which is why it’s been great to roll out the app from Breadwinner and connect our customer invoice and payment data that lives in Xero with all our other sales and account data in Salesforce. The app is easy to understand and doesn’t require much in the way of training or customization to use. Works great in Salesforce1 too.
quick and efficient support from
if you have salesforce and Xero then you MUST use breadwinner!!!!
exactly what we needed!
Thanks Burger (Teacher Development Trust)