Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > App Reviews >

SAM

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Invoicing + Jobs

4.7 out of 5 stars

Based on 17 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and SAM, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About SAM

SAM is the Ultimate Automotive Workshop solution. #1 in NZ for 25 years. Why? SAM customers are more successful. More labour sold, higher margins, better bottom line. Take control.
Find out more about SAM.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with SAM, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, contact SAM.

We are new to the auto industry and so new to SAM. We found the support of BEVA from day one has been extremely good. Staff are very helpful, no matter how busy they are and they know the system inside out. We have a hardware extension to the auto business and have found SAM's inventory side extremely compatible for the store. Also the integration with Xero and eftpos has been very good.

Sharron Binns  

Warrens Garage has been using Sam since January 2019. We also run Xero, and to be able to effortlessly integrate the two systems is an absolute bonus.

The parts system copes very well with our extensive parts inventory. Producing great reports for tracking product purchase and sales information - all in the same place.

Our business has really been revolutionised during this process. The Sam help desk is always quick to answer, and very helpful dealing with our queries.

Workshop invoicing is now a simple process, parts and labour all able to be added quickly and easily. Reports like Work in Progress are a great tool to monitor what jobs are on hand -no more relying on memory. Thanks also to the wonderful team at BevA Computers who set up our Sam - they worked with us and couldn't have been more helpful - a great partner to Sam
Eion and Gay - Warrens Garage Ltd, Palmerston Otago

Warrens Garage  

We have been using SAM for two years now, after using Synergy for a very long time. Grant, Ian and the team at Beva Computers have made the switch as smooth as possible for us, even when we crashed the system with our massive database (Lol!). Training and support were great and no question is left unanswered.

The connection with Xero have made the workflow so much easier and a welcome time saver. It is great to have systems that you can connect to wherever you are in the world. Using SAM's capabilities allows for quick answers and detailed information when required.

Grant have been most helpful during these two years. Always happy to answer questions and help speed up things with the helpdesk :-)

Merav Benaia
Owner
Matipo Garage

Merav Benaia  

We had previously used Sam but had upgraded to Orion, the Dealership package which we required as we had multiple sites at the time.
We closed the 2nd workshop & Grant from Beva Computers suggested we consider moving back to SAM, once we realised there would now be an integration with Xero, we were keen to give it a go.
We have not been disappointed! Xero sits alongside Sam perfectly and is super intuitive.
Sam as an operating system supports our day to day running of our busy truck workshop and parts store and is easy for all our staff to navigate.
Our subscription enables us to have help whenever we need it with calls or emails to the Helpdesk (Remote access is a game changer!)
And if we are in need of more technical support Grant and the team at Beva Computers is always our first port of call as they always endeavour to get any issues sorted in a timely and efficient manner.
Sue McDowell – Diesel Transport Services

Sue McDowell  

We had a call from Grant our wonderful support guy last week just having a catch up to make sure the CM team was happy. My reply was "I forgot SAM was there" as it has just become normal life at the growing CM Mechanical Ltd. The SAM program is absolute Gold for the day to day running and all other aspects of the parts, workshop and admin departments.

Over the last and fast 3 years we have grown to 3 logins and 7 extra staff. SAM has made this seamless.

CM is currently importing quality Clemens Technologies products for NZ wine and pip fruit sectors of NZ. Parts allocations and fixed margin set up is paramount to keep or strong and fast growing company here for now and the future.

Anyone looking into this program I highly recommend!

Yeah we love SAM :) And Grant is awesome ;)

Matt Webb
CM Mechanical Limited
https://www.cmmechanical.co.nz/

Matt Webb  

We made the change to SAM last year & have found it absolutely fantastic to work with the integration with Xero makes like so much easier. Grant & the team were & have been fantastic throughout the whole process. Definitely one of the best changes we have made would highly recommend!
Auto Specs Ltd

Isaac Seelen  

SAM was already being used here at Coalgate Motors when I came on board and as I had no previous knowledge of the system I had a lot to learn. It was easy to grasp and I quickly learnt how to navigate around the system.
If there were any more advanced features I was unsure about I always had Grant at BEVA on the end of a phone call happy to assist. SAM support have also been very helpful and easy to talk to on the few occasions I've had to use our support subscription.
Not long after I had started as Office Manager I implemented Xero and therefore completed the integration between Xero & SAM. This all went well & very easy with the assistance once again of Grant at BEVA Computers.
There are a huge amount of features & capabilities of the SAM system which we as a very small rural workshop do not use to their full potential but I can see the value of these and how they would be invaluable to the larger entities in the industry.

Shelley Watson  

We switched over to SAM late in 2018 after nightmares with our previous system. The decision to go with SAM wasn't taken lightly but we've no regrets whatsoever. The software's advanced capabilities have helped propel Garage One to new levels, and I'm excited to explore more of it's features as our business grows.
A huge factor in our success with SAM has been the outstanding backup and support from Grant at BEVA Computers who set up the system initially, and has always handled all our queries in a rapid and efficient manner.
Highly recommend this team and their product.

Dale Buck
(owner/technician, Garage One Ltd)

Dale Buck  

We love the SAM - Xero integration....We had been seeking the ultimate auto specific management program for 3 years, and finally we don't need to look any longer.
SAM reporting is second to none, and I'm just in love with continuous time clocking..what a game changer! The SAM help desk is a resource without equal in our industry. Support is where so many of the other products fall down, but as most of the SAM help desk employees are originally from the automotive trade, the service is outstanding.
I recommend SAM to any auto repair business owner...don't bother wasting time with the rest!

By Rachael Sheldrick - Workshop Owner and Business Mentor to other workshop owners across Australia and New Zealand as The Workshop Whisperer.

Rachael Sheldrick  

We have been using SAM since Jan 2017 and loving it! The integration with Xero makes life easier and without all the double handling that we have had with other software. The reporting is by far the best I have seen! To know exactly where you stand each and everyday and be able to monitor this allows you to spot something immediately!
The training and support have been great. No question to silly!
If you are looking for software to take your workshop to the next level, then do yourself a favour and speak to the SAM team!!

Adele Goodwin  

We have been with Sam for nearly two years.
We brought the Tyre business and did not have a very good program to work with.
Our son had used Sam and told us it was the one to use and he was right on the button.
We had great help from Grant and Ian setting everything up for the business.
We use Xero and it runs well with that side of things which makes life less stressful.
Nothing is ever a problem and they know how to fix things straight away.
Thanks very much from Andrew & Robyn @ Independent Tyre Services Blenheim.

Robyn Morrison  

We had been operating xero and sam for three years and it was only this year that
we intgreated SAM XERO, would have to say was very pleased with the integration
and had great follow ups from Grant at Beva Computers, what I did find was a
problem that because we are on citrix we have had a few connection issues recently, however Sam have now sorted and should not happen again hopefully!!. Sam support staff are also very helpful and help to get things resolved as quickly as they can.

Sandy Neiman
Mobil Stoke Automotive & Commercial

Sandy Neiman  

We had used Xero for about 4 years before adding on SAM, we had been searching high and low for a workshop management system that would talk to Xero and give us the job management, stock control, POS, reporting and service reminders/history that SAM does. Very happy and has simplified our workshop systems. Thanks SAM from the Team @ Timaru Yamaha!

Ricky Mckay  

I have been using SAM for a few months, we are using more of the features and integration Xero than ever before, it makes my day to day life alot easier, the ability to look up jobs and payments in xero, manage stock and customers, There is always plenty of support available by phone or email. Grant has been a great help to me in understanding the systems features and how to impliment them . From Arrowtown Garage

Martin Howell  

SAM and XERO were both already being used in our engineering and mechanical business so being able to intergrate the two with very little fuss was amazing. We did have issues with our poor quality internet speed, being in a rural area, for the first couple of months. But we were very fortunate a cellphone tower was installed near us, which alleviated the problem.
The support with SAM is incredible and I wouldn't hesitate recommending the programme.

Emma Lancaster  

We needed to update our computer systems to help manage our stock and job management processes and have it integrate with Xero. We have been using SAM for 5 Months now and are finding it very easy to use and have adapted it to suit our towbar company needs
Ian and Grant were professional in their approach and provided the us with a great solution we enjoy using. They knew exactly what they were doing and sorted everything out. They supported us in a helpful and informative manner and we now have the efficient and robust system to work with in future
It has become on essential part of running and efficient and effective of our business
We would definitely recommend SAM

Tracy Allnutt  

We have been using SAM for a couple of months finding very easy to use I'm sure we haven't touched on the many areas that it offers but will get there with time. Staff are helpful, and very knowledgeable with remote login it is very easy to get help. The response to queries through SAM support are one of the best I have come across. If they don't know the answer straight away they tell you that which is refreshing, and to date we have not had anything issue that has not been able to be resolved.

Carol Bone