Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > App Reviews >

My Own CFO

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Accountant tools

4.6 out of 5 stars

Based on 5 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and My Own CFO, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About My Own CFO

Business Managers and Advisors see performance at a glance. White label desktop, reports and free mobile app prompt Advisor engagement to improve cash flow & KPI's. No data input required.
For more information, check out My Own CFO.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with My Own CFO, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, contact My Own CFO or visit this page for information on connecting My Own CFO to Xero.

I was recommended to take a look at this app for my practice by a Xero advisor using the app for her clients. As with most reporting apps I've tried, you need to know where you are in the accounting close off cycle. The first thing we look at each time the data is refreshed in My own CFO is the action list - it points you directly to where the improvement opportunities are.

Overall, great value for money at $10 per month and saves a lot of time. We see something valuable each time we use it. I'm sticking with this one.

Tim Hao  

It would take me hours to pull together all of the data and analysis in this app - we weren't aware that our inventory days had blown out as they had. There's a desktop version and clever mobile app. I'd recommend others to give it a try, there's no set up involved and It's great value. Deserves *****.

Jane Jacobs  

As we all know, being a business owner you are always time poor. Having a key financial dashboard quickly at your fingertips is key and My Own CFO really delivers. Its a terrific, at a glance tool, when you are on the road, but also has a heap of in-depth features. Importantly all the relevant info is at a glance and the design is clean and easy to follow. I love it and use it every day.

Jason Bird  

Being a wholesale business, we're driven by stock levels and gross profit margins. This app provides just the right balance of analysis for me - if I need more I drill back into Xero. The Heads Up value is really useful because it tells me how much my cash will improve if say I get my inventory or debtors back to the running rate for the year - I also get a pat on the back when we've generated positive cash improvements :) For less than the cost of a small coffee each week you can't go wrong!

Paul Berry  

I travel a lot for business so Xero is great for me. An accountant friend suggested I use the My Own CFO app and I have to say after a couple of months its become an important part of my routine business tools. The analytics are really easy to understand and the charts and reports are great to run through on my mobile when I'm away from the office. The Action List is very clever – I follow these points up with my accountant and email the reports to my international manager. I don’t normally do reviews but I thought that this would be helpful to other businesses.

Keith McAuliffe