Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero Connected Apps >

Stripe Integration doesn't show settings for Stripe Account

Started by ERIC FELLER -   in Using Xero Connected Apps

I went add the Stripe integration for an invoice profile and there's only 2 fields for the Stripe service which is what I want to name it and to which payment account I am depositing funds. There are no fields for connecting my Stripe account to Xero. Is there a problem with the Stripe integration?
Hi Eric, I've just started using Stripe, so no expert, but it was a breeze to set up. Let's assume you already have a Stripe account. The first time you request to add the Stripe service in Xero, it will make the linkage for you.

On the Xero side, at https://go.xero.com/Settings/PaymentGateways/ you can enter
Name (as you would like it to appear)
Credit cards you want to accept
Payment account (where the money will be deposited).
You also need to associate it with a theme (only 1 payment gateway is allowed per theme).

On the Stripe side in https://manage.stripe.com/account > Apps > Connected Applications you should now see Xero listed.

Your customers will now see Pay Now button at the top of the screen if they choose to view the invoice in Xero. The payment is recorded in Xero if successful. The money is received in your account 7 days later, less the Stripe fee, so some adjustment will be required to reconcile.

Tony

Tony Stewart  

I'm having the exact same issue. I watched the "using online payments video ( http://vimeo.com/63716190 ) but when I try to add Stripe, it's only showing the fields for name, types of cards, and which account. It's not asking for my Stripe details, so I the "authenticate with stripe" button is disabled.

Chris OBrien  

I wonder... Stripe is in private Beta in Australia, I had to request them to activate the account for me. Depending on where you are, this may be the cause of your problem.

Tony Stewart  

An alternative would be to use eWAY who offer an easy set up process and settle in a couple of business days with no fee taken off so easier to reconcile. eWAY operate in UK, NZ and AU.

Sally McKenna  

Thanks, I'm in the US. There's a video showing how to set it up here: http://vimeo.com/63716190

But when I follow these steps, I don't have the fields to enter my secret keys.

Chris OBrien  

I got this to work in Safari. I was using Chrome previously.

Chris OBrien  

I'm having the same issues - there r no fields to enter the login credentials for Stripe...tried in IE, FF and in Chrome

Susan Leach  

Susan, I ended up getting it to work from Safari on my iPhone (as weird as that sounds.) When I logged in that way, it still didn't display the fields but it took me to Stripe and asked me to authenticate, which I did, and got working correctly.

Chris OBrien  

Hey Chris - thanks a million! - it worked! =)

I'm happy there's a workaround, although this kind of issue is not something I like to see in an app that I'm testing out...

Susan Leach  

Oh good to hear! I agree, but I've been using it a month now and love it. Just cancelled my Quickbooks Online account today, actually! :)

Chris OBrien  

Chris - good to hear! - yes, I'm comparing it to my QBonline too. I have our first biz on QBOE and was testing Xero to see if it's better - I think it's definitely 'fresher' - more mobile friendly for sure.

Susan Leach  

@Eric - I hope you're up and running now? There are no fields on the Xero side of the integration to put all your Stripe details - it uses your Stripe account, so selecting that you want to use Stripe is enough to initiate a link across to their site where at that point you log in and authenticate Stripe to connect to Xero. If you clicked 'Connect to Stripe' and you were not taken to the Stripe website to give your account permission to integrate with Xero then something's wrong. If you happened to be logged into Stripe at the time you set up the payment service, the authentication should happen straight away and a message will appear on the set up screen in Xero telling you the connection is successful.

If you're still having problems with this, please drop an email to our support team (support@xero.com) and they'll determine if there's an issue with the set up on the Xero side or the Stripe side - or you can contact Stripe directly.

Catherine Walker (Community Manager)  

Hi Catherine - this is Susan, not Eric.

I was able to add the Stripe payment by going through the setup process on my iphone per Chris' suggestion - but NOT via my chrome, ff or ie. I already submitted the support request yesterday - have not heard back.

Susan Leach  

@Susan - glad you've contacted our support team. I have seen the screenshot you sent with your request and that is the right screen, that's exactly what you should see. There are no fields to enter your Stripe credentials. Complete a name so you can identify Stripe in your list of payment services in Xero in case you use more than one (if you only have one Stripe account, then Stripe is probably what you'd choose!) and an account in Xero where you want the payments to be received. The Stripe connection is automatically passed back to Xero when you click 'Connect to Stripe' and are prompted to log into Stripe - it's all part of the authentication step that happens. We don't store your Stripe login details inside Xero which is why we don't ask you to enter them, that's why part of the set up is creating a connection from the Stripe end.

I'm still interested to know if Eric who first started this thread is up and running now (sorry you thought I was addressing you in my last post Susan!)

Hi @Catherine! Thanks, but to be clear, if using the browsers I mentioned, I am not taken to log into stripe. I was able to complete the auth process via Safari but not via the other browsers. So this is still an open issue. I was able to work around it though and love the invoice integrated with stripe! :). Not open issue for me but for new users probably.

Susan Leach  

@Susan - OK thanks for clarifying that - our team can look into the browser issue per the request you've sent in. Glad you're enjoying it!

@Catherine, thanks! and also, thanks to @Chris for pointing me to the workaround using Safari =)

Susan Leach  

Hello-
Is it possible to have 2 Stripe accounts so separate invoice brandings can be paid into 2 different accounts?

Erica Schubach  

On your set up with stripe I was unable to choose the second choice must be picked. It told me it was connected I just sent out an invoice which no one can pay. I really liked the way stripeand operated before using fresh books and harvest is there a method in which you can do the same? Simply want to send out invoices paid via stripe to my bank account in fact it's truly has told me that if I change the set up I cannot reverted without creating new account is this true? As somebody who is trying this product I have no intention of changing the back end of stripe or receiving my payments in a different manner simply to try something out. account through The exact same method it was before if you are unable to do this let me know and I will discontinue payment and remove the product. I really would appreciate a quick answer on this as I have reached out four times to you guys in the past.
A different method at this point I am just testing this out and I do not need to add extra steps right now.

Thoms Zickell  

Hi Thoms I've had a look and can't see where you've reached out, aside from the one email to Support. To make sure you get all your questions answered, I've asked the team to get in touch again.

Brittany H (Community Manager)  

Hi Brittany please get in touch again because I am wanting to use this by it is really difficult to trust the system will work when it comes to clients.

Please reach out again thank you
Thomas

Thoms Zickell  

Hi Thoms, can see you've been in touch with Support today. Just email them back with the info they've asked of you and they can work this through with you.

Brittany H (Community Manager)  

For those interested in processing pre-authorised Credit Card charges using Stripe please check out uCollect. It automatically charges the credit card on the due date of the invoice in Xero. It costs as little as US$13/month.

Peter McCarroll  

My client has Stripe for on-site payments, he has linked Stripe and Xero (checked and all OK). However, when receiving payments through stripe, it isn't generating anything in Xero (we simply get an item on the bank account which remains unreconciled until we manually create and invoice and match).

Are we expecting too much from this?

Stuart Dow  

My problem is that there is no pay now button where it shows in the video after I connect the stripe and Paypal accounts.

http://s32.postimg.org/cq6wzgulh/Screen_Shot_2016_05_03_at_3_36_28_PM.png

This is an example of what my client gets. In the video it shows a green Paynow button in the top left.

Anyone know whats up?

Anthony Mongiello