Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Cliniko

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Invoicing + Jobs

3.2 out of 5 stars

Based on 6 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Cliniko, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Cliniko

Cliniko is a complete practice management system for healthcare practitioners. Manage your schedule, notes, invoices, payments and a lot more. For more information, check out Cliniko.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Cliniko, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, visit Cliniko help or see this page for information on connecting Cliniko to Xero.

I have been a user of Cliniko since September 2012. I have transferred over 10,000 patients to this software. With easy appointment making and tracking as well as online bookings it is easy to use. I love the simplicity of the program, it is intuitive and does need much training. I like the adaptability of the treatment notes, appontment types and the billing options. I have been using the integration with Xero and have yet to fully implement, we are still testing, but will fully integrate with XERO shortly. The whole thing is web based and this is very useful in a multi location setting. All entries are "real time" and therfore do not need to be backed up etc.... VERY HAPPY. I am VERY happy with Xero as well and have just completed a 12 month tax cycle for my company. All working very well.

Terry Wharton  

My client has been using Cliniko for several years so when we found out that it is now a Xero add-on we were thrilled. We set up the Xero account yesterday but the syncing of invoices from Cliniko to Xero isn't working properly. Up to 25% of the invoices have not transferred across or in Cliniko they appear to have failed but in fact have transferred. This seems to be affecting current invoices, not just ones prior to integration. Once this glitch is sorted out, it will be great. One thing to be aware of is that all payments must be entered into Cliniko, not Xero as it is a 1 way update.

Marilyn Bryce  

DO NOT SYNC WITH XERO YET, one of my clients is on it and it has created nightmares. we have had to disconnect the integration until it is working. Cliniko works great but they just haven't found out how to sync properly with xero yet. My advice would be get both just dont hookup the integration yet.

Matthew Woolnough  

6 months on, has the integration between Cliniko and Xero improved at all? Don't want to advise clients to use it if the integration still doesn't work properly so would be grateful for any feedback.

Karen Evans  

Same questions as Karen - Any update with Xero Synchronisation?

Alan Davidson  

Hi All,

Joel from Cliniko here.

We've made a lot of improvements to the synchronisation since those comments were posted.

Of course let us know if you have any trouble (support@cliniko.com) but we've been hearing good things from our customers.

Joel

Joel Friedlaender  

I am trialing cliniko and xero right now. I was going to go with QB until I saw that there was integration with xero. However, the first time I used it, the invoice amount comes over, but it shows the invoice as unpaid even though its paid in cliniko. I've been only using this for a few hours, otherwise it looks good so far, but would like to find out why the invoices show as unpaid.

Suzanne Johnston  

I have the same problem as Suzanne, several invoices paid in cliniko have been synced, some are shown as paid and others don't, I realiced that the ones that were paid hours ago from now (ex 10 am and now 6pm) were the ones that are shown as paid, but if i mark as paid one in the future is shown as unpaid.

Juan Manuel Lechuga Peral  

Sorry Joel but at this stage it's a ridiculous integration. I LOVE Cliniko and I LOVE Xero but together they are uselss. I disconnected within two weeks after it totally messed up my Xero file. There is absolutely no point in using the integration as I don't need each individual patient's invoice in Xero. When trying to reconcile in Xero, it's impossible as the amounts that hit the bank are totals for the day, ie EFT total, Hicaps total from each fund, NOT individual payment amounts per patient. If there was a way of Cliniko just sending across daily payment summaries rather than individual invoices I would be interested, but definitely wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole at the moment. What is the point of invoicing through Xero when Cliniko does such a good job of it?

Brigid Linden  

We have being using Cliniko for a couple of years now in our family's Chiropractic Clinic and we have been very happy! The software is easy to use and navigate and easy to learn. The support is great and the Cliniko team are very responsive to requests for improvements. I highly recommend Cliniko to my bookkeeping clients that are Allied Health professionals and have helped with new implementations. With regards to the Xero/Cliniko integration ... this does work once set up. The trick is to know how to apply the day's gross deposit into the bank account against the individual payments. Xero has added the ability to match a deposit to multiple payments in recent months. The need to integrate Xero/Cliniko or not will depend on the clinic, the # of sales in a day, and how often the payments are reconciled. The two work well side by side with or without the integration. ... Mary-Clare Switz, Biscuit Bookkeeping

Mary-Clare Switz  

Mary-Clare, I'm based in the UK and am wanting to recommend Cliniko and Xero as an online solution for Health Care professsionals, let me know if I can contact you directly for more information on the integration and how bank deposits and sales invoices are handled in Xero. Thanks! Justin - justinearl@rwbca.co.uk

Justin Earl