QWD Excel Integration Tools
About QWD Excel Integration Tools
QWD Excel Integration Tools gives you direct access to Xero. Build the reports you want with the data you need using the power and flexibility of MS Excel.
For more information, check out QWD Excel Integration Tools.
Remember if you have questions or need assistance with QWD Excel Integration Tools, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.
For support contact QWD Excel Integration Tools via email.
Kudos to dev team!!
QWD has released an Excel tool that is able to extract most of the data from Xero giving us accountants significantly more flexibility to report without having to export, copy and paste etc. Plus there is data that is not available from Xero currently.
QWD is also very quick to respond to suggestions and questions and they certainly are on the right track to set us free from the awful Xero reporting module. Thank you QWD. You have made my life easier!
Update 25th May 2014 - this is still the best Excel integration tool for Xero I have found, plus the support is very, very quick when needed.
It is not everyday that you get blown away by a great product and awesome customer service - for example, whilst evaluating the product I raised a few questions and enhancements...within hours the enhancements were implemented into the live product.
Thank you QWD.
I can do everything I need. If I can't, simply send a request, all done! Just so much value in it!
I am sure that I am only using a fraction of the functionality available in this Add-On as I am not a super Excel expert. However, what I am using is saving me at least a couple of hours every month calculating commissions.
I really like Xero, but its reporting is so limited and this was the best Excel add-on to help me.
I run my own small business and could not justify the sort of monthly fee many reporting providers charge for a product that is far more complex than I require. This one does what I need and at a very reasonable price.
In addition, Ruairi has been very helpful. He has politely and patiently explained things that I had misunderstood.
I recommend this Add-On
This provided the reporting functionality that is lacking in Xero in this area, and provide valuable reporting.
I noticed that there is no upload capability.
I wonder why.
Thank you so much !
Please can XERO make the BANK RULES API available so that we can all manage Bank Rules more effectively.
I've tried several other reporting Xero add-ons and they all good at what they do, but only allow very limited tailoring, which hasn't worked for a single client of ours.
This allows so much I can not think of any limitation, other than my excel skills.
If you only have half a brain with excel you will be able to do more with this than anything else I've seen so far, its that good for reporting, KPI's, dashboard, etc.
It even allows you to consolidate different companies and budget data.
Also, Ruairi is great at responding to all my queries.
Buy this before they put the price up or start charging subscription, it is a Gem
The support is also second to none. I have received almost instant reponses to my queries directly from the developer.
14 day free trial, lots of features, robust overall far more than I expected. This is a Xero essential for anyone even mildly interested in reporting.
Support from the developer was quick,friendly and I cant recommend this enough.
Very happy to have found this and Ruairi could not have been more helpful or efficient.
Trial is free and took me just 10 minutes to set-up and sync data from Xero. Recommended.
Ruairi has been really responsive with any queries we have had.
All in all a great service.
Ruairi is extremely helpful often responding to our queries within minutes. The online help videos are also very instructive making it easy to get started using the addon.
The QuickWin plugin was the best bet for this, and we've trialled without problems. Now we've bought a number of licenses and we're busy using it - initially to ensure continuity within the business, but I'm sure as we get more proficient with it, we'll be using it for loads of other stuff.
Saved us from having to move two clients off Xero and back to Quickbooksonline.
In terms of time saved, we anticipate the add-on paying for itself in the first month.
To be able to produce customised timely reports from Xero efficiently is valuable!
Once your Excel model is set up its a simple matter to refresh the link to Xero and pull down the latest month data.
I use it every week for:
- data quality checks - download invoice lines and check nominal codes / tracking codes against various "rules" we have to ensure staff are coding consistently. Also as part of this can look at nominal codes used for each supplier code, a great way to identify rogue nominal codes.
- Job costing transactions - I know Xero don't like or recommend too many tracking codes, but we are using it for Job costing and with this add-on you can produce list s of transactions by tracking code, which is great for finding transactions booked to our various jobs. I haven't found an easy way to do this using the reporting tools.
I also use it for countless one off queries.
Thoroughly recommended, relatively cheap and in my experience the support is first class.
We use it to ensure data quality and provide transaction level reporting that is flexible and variable, without being restricted by 'pretty' formatting, headings and query parameters.
If this can also be modified to work with Access that would be so good.
Keep up the good work!
-Easy to install and configure
-Integration with Xero takes just minutes
-Saves us hours of time each month, paid for itself within days
Update on 26-Feb-2015: Stand by my original review and rating. Been using this for approx six weeks now and it remains one of my most useful Xero helpers. It has also encouraged me to improve my own Excel skills in order to make the most of its functionality :-)
The QWD Excel addon is simply the best tool we've found for extracting data from Xero to enable us to create Donation Statements, Fund Detail reporting and Consolidated reporting across multiple locations.
A good working knowledge of Excel is a plus but if you are used to reporting in Excel you will find the addon a snap to use.
However, the QDS Excel addon cost effectively bridges the gap within Xero to allow users to easily report in Excel without having expert Excel skills.
I recommend it for anyone using Xero who needs the extra reporting capability and has at least a medium skill level with Excel.
If you are offering any form of value add-on service to your clients – then you must have QWD Excel Integration Tools in your tool-kit.
You will find unlimited uses for it, but at a very elementary level, you can use it to backing up your Xero data – here is a short video I created Backing up Xero data using QuickWinDevelopments Excel Integration Tool
Flexible and affordable.
1. For the first time since our accounting forefather in Mesopotamia, Xero is talking with Excel. Forget the dark days of translating for Xero and Excel, and let them actually work for us. With QWD Excel Integration Tools, you get to download every single data you have on Xero, in neat excel format.
2. Data are presented in nice neat excel table, preformatted, much easier for your precious eyes, much less time spent to tidy up, compile and look for errors – you know how much a headache it is to do these over Xero’s “beautiful” interface while your kids are playing wow next door.
3. Do not get limited by the spoon fed reports Xero provide. Extract only the relevant data, prepare your own tailor made report, that suites your organizations real need, without a click of button, this is a nice neat app that will improve your value to the organization, doesn’t matter you are a book keeper, an accountant, a manager or a business owner.
4. Once off payments, forever updates. You cannot actually believe – it is too good to be true, nearly, it is not a monthly subscription product.
5. Obviously the developer is aiming for something way bigger than this little app. With their cloud backup service “ledgerbackup” there are just no more sleepless nights praying for good health of Xero CEO (and bless their servers); and do not get me wrong, backup is vital, cloud backup is one of the efficient and cost effective way to protect your financial intellectual assets, doesn’t matter how big or how small your organization is going to be. But, if you are overly-cautious nut-head like I do, there are never enough cloud backups and cloud backups of cloud backups will give me any good night sleep. A piece of black and write print out works best for me, a .xls that I can hug and kiss will just do, so, you know, in case of zombie apocalypse, internet goes down, we still get to enjoy our time on our beloved reports, budgets and payable.
This is an excellent tool for Excel/Xero integration. Highly recommended.
It has enabled us to automate components in our Excel based workpapers.
We have developers that use the Xero API. This makes it easy to extract data from Xero to use for proof of concept product ideas. Design teams can easily see what is available via the API withing having to use high level technical resources. Great for prototypes.
It gives me much more flexibility than the Xero built in reports.
Really useful product to Excel users who are at least moderately proficient.
The QWD integration with Excel has provided us with everything we need to feed our cashflow spreadsheet directly from Xero. It has become an indispensable part of our financial planning.
I would highly recommend this to all Xero users.
15/5/2015: Update. I emailed Ruairi from QWD just 4 days ago to make a suggestion for an enhancement to the integration. Lo and behold, he responded today with a new version of the software with the feature I had requested. Thumbs up!!
At this price, one cannot make a mistake in buying. No monthly fees. Just a fair purchase price. The support is also excellent.
Great value for money! Great customer service!
Also a fan of the one off upfront fee pricing structure. Other developers charge ongoing monthly fees for apps that offer much less functionality and flexibility.
We have several Xero accounts, and this lets us automatically generate consolidated statements for all of our reporting. Service was good too--fast answers to questions.
Great stuff and great support too. 5 stars.
This add-on allows us to generate the old Banklink coding report for the few clients who still like their paper.
QWD allows us to easily generate this report for all clients within a few minutes.
The online tutorials are very good and Ruairi (the developer) is great to deal with and always happy to help.