Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Banking - Pay Bill electronically from Xero not through online banking

Started by ERIC FELLER in Feature Requests | Idea

My bank already offers online bill pay - why aren't you integrated with the major banks for utilizing their online bill pay? I shouldn't need to pay for another service (another $40+ per month) to use online bill pay because my bank offers it free. It should be a core function in a service like Xero. The entire point is PAPERLESS, NO SOFTWARE TO INSTALL...why go back to printing checks - most companies should never have to print checks anymore. It isn't secure.
---
Feel free to add your thoughts on this similar request :)
Batch Payments: Flow directly to online banking
Official Xero Reply
We definitely agree that this is a great idea! We've actually just worked with New Zealand banks ASB and TSB Bank to create the first Direct Payment links between Xero and a bank - more details here. This is something that could be done with other banks, however your bank would have to be in on the (quite involved) process.
We'd love to do this with more banks and actively encourage these conversations, so if this is something you'd like your bank to do, please get in touch with them and let them know you're interested!

Edit: In the meantime, you can use Batch Payment functionality to pay multiple bills at one time.

Brittany H (Community Manager)