Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > App Reviews >

Tradify

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Invoicing + Jobs

4.6 out of 5 stars

Based on 27 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Tradify, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Tradify

Tradify is the smart new tool helping tradies get their nights back. We make quoting, scheduling and invoicing easy (previously known as Smart Jobs).
For more information, check out Tradify.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Tradify, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For support visit the Tradify support center here or contact support via email.

When I first decided to Smart Jobs, I really hoped I'd made the right choice. I am totally delighted with the package and the tremendous amount of support Curtis and Smart Jobs has given us. We found a few problems and got a swift response each time. Sometimes it was helping me to learn more about the system, other times it was in response to a comment.

The willingness to listen to customer response and initiate improvements - gives us a great sense of confidence. We know we have chosen a great partner to work with us in our future expansion.

Veronica Peirce, Finance Director, Team Super Ltd.

Veronica Peirce  

At Centrefit Services Pty Ltd we started our business not really knowing what software was right for us. After reviewing many internet sites and trialling various application for the smart phone, we quickly came to realise that Smart Jobs in conjunction with Zero was the only way forward.

We have been using Smart Jobs since our business started in January 2014 and we cannot do business without it. It's ability to send jobs out to our technicians in real time and invoice the customers is both reliable and time saving.

The team at Smart Jobs have been open to modify the program to suit our business; and in our eyes, this is a fantastic initiative because it shows that they CARE about our business.

For anyone who would like a verbal reference, please do not have hesitate to contact me on 0424 059 646.

Mark Pearce, Director, Centrefit Services Pty Ltd.

Mark Pearce  

I have been very happy with Smart Jobs, and have been recommending it to other small business and trades.
It is simple to use, and provides a lot of instant services, such as route management and integration with Xero, with relatively few commands.
The best thing that I have found is the technical support- quick and helpful responses.
As above, the Smart Jobs team is willing to listen to my requirements, and tailor a solution accordingly- this alone provides great value for money.

As a small business owner/operator, I couldn't do what I need without Smart Jobs (and I did trial others first!)

Simon Jupe, Owner at Hindmarsh Pest Control

Simon Jupe  

We are a small business with very diverse income streams. Finding a package flexible enough to work immediately without having complex set up and complex training was something we were looking for. We had been using an existing job tracking system, however, this was nothing more than a card based system which added to the admin burden.

We looked at a few Xero add ons and tried a few out. These were overly complex and leaning towards what Xero does anyway. One of the larger considerations was we wanted a package that would be logical and used "plain language" so our "tradies" and apprentices would feel comfortable using.

We discovered Smart Jobs and after playing with the trial decided to purchase a subscription within days. This app was seamless and easy for everyone to understand and use during the transition from our old job package to Smart Jobs (there really was no transition, everyone just took to the package and started using it).

Previously we were struggling with administration, ordering parts, quoting, invoicing, scheduling and matching orders to jobs for example. Now using Smart Jobs these processes are streamlined and what is a surprise is our staff using the system are self managing work to a level we did not feel was possible. The turnaround with quoting jobs is vastly improved, the invoicing is itemised to a high level of detail and project planning is simplified and easy.

The introduction to Smart Jobs to our business has seen an increase of job completion by freeing working time away from manual administrative process.

Smart Jobs integration with Xero is seamless and it is an add on that does so much that Xero doesn't (I did notice a lot of job or business management apps seem to duplicate the Xero functionality with out adding much in a practical sense of job management).

I recommend Smart Jobs highly (but would't want to give my direct competition the edge we have with this App ;-).

Donald Inman, Director Multivolt Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Appliance Repairs

Accounts Multivolt  

Although a nice looking product with many powerful features the many bugs with both desktop and mobile apps caused us to look elsewhere.

This is not the first time I have described a Xero job add on like this, it seems to be quite a common trait..

Dennis Green
Pipe Dreams Plumbing & Heating

Dennis Green  

Great app and excellent support from the team. We've been using it for 18 months now.

If there was a way to integrate my personal calendar to the scheduler I would be absolutely delighted. I believe they are working on that ....

Dean
Reefcosa Electrical Services

Dean Kenway  

We have been using Tradify for almost 18 months now and it has been the best decision we have made for our business. The app is very user friendly, especially for some of our staff who haven't used computers a lot.
Being able to know exactly where Employees are up to, any anytime of the day on their jobs is so useful. We have used Tradify through two major storm cleanups and I can honestly say I don't know how we would have been able to keep up with all the work without this.
From knowing where our staff are and keeping an up to date scheduler from day to day and by the hour. Being able to upload photos for insurance purposes from the location so our office staff can access them immediately, to uploading work orders.
A major plus for us is having the GPS system to get us to the job locations has been invaluable.
On an office base view to have Tradify linked to Xero for accounting purposes has been great. It means a lot less work load.

Danielle
Woodvale Tree Services Pty Ltd.

Danielle Jarvis  

We have a small business with a few employees. We decided to give Tradify a crack 18 months ago and we haven't looked back. Before Tradify we operated with a diary and paper job sheets/work orders - there was paper everywhere. Since using Tradify we have found a massive reduction in jobs being missed also improved time keeping and material logging which has significantly improved our bottom line. One of the best parts of using Tradify is their support and their continuing effort to improve and develop the program.

Steve Holland  

We've been using Tradify for a while now and it works well for us, moving from the paper based job sheets (which was painful at the best of times) to managing our jobs in Tradify.

The App is crucial for our team - in the workshop and out - if the boys haven't recorded details on a job, they can do it on their smart phones from anywhere and we can continue with the invoicing.

Its great how the time sheets are collated from the time entered on a job or just as non billable and simple reporting to identify how productive our boys really are... or not!

We don't use Tradify to its fullest potential as its not required but what we do use is great and has saved us hours when invoicing, as well as less headaches.

The support team are quick to respond and will follow up by phone if needed, thanks guys.

Tracy
Upson Contracting Limited

Tracy Rigby  

We've been using Tradify since before it was known as Smart Jobs - can't rave about the system enough - easy to use/learn system, there's always help at hand and the system is saving us so much office time and giving us a GREAT data base system.
Easy emailing of invoices/receipts from the iPad keeps Greg's time at jobs to a minimum, allowing him to focus on the clients and their pets instead of paperwork.
Being able to schedule jobs to the minute and seeing where we have times available for appointments makes getting to all those who require us simple and easily formatted or changed if/when required - our appointment times and days are a breeze to schedule, having the client information at my fingertips back here at the office and being able to advise if Greg's running to schedule out on the road by seeing 'completed' jobs keeps clients updated and informed without me having to call or bother Greg for updates throughout the day... happiness all around!
The fact I don't have to be a computer 'whizz' to understand and run Tradify means I am forever recommending it to others with small / medium or large business's... you can adapt it to fit your needs and it will grow with you if you plan to expand ... well done Tradify ... keep up the great work!
>^..^< Greg & Alie Wakelin =^..^=
Pet Doors R Us
the 'Back Door Cat Door Man' Limited

Alie Wakelin  

Tradify does most things we want it to. We run a small business with 3 technicians and a couple of salespeople and Tradify is a good way of scheduling and invoicing our work. The added benefit is that it is compatible with Xero which our book keeper loves. No package is perfect but Tradify has been the best we have found and we will continue to use it moving forward.

Nick Sperryn-Jones  

I have been using Tradify for at least a year in my maintenance business. I wish it was around when I had a larger construction business previously, would have made life much easier!
Any queries are dealt with promptly and work-arounds designed if I do come against an operation that is not easily dealt in the current system. However the fixes to the limitations I have experienced were then incorporated into future releases. So top marks for service and ongoing improvement.
I also recommended it to my partners in another business and they are also very happy with it.
Great product.

Steve Zeiger  

Heat Force Ltd is a small but diverse HVAC business and we looked a number of job management systems to help bring order to our business and better manage our job scheduling and quoting systems. A key function we needed to do well was estimating and quoting as we had developed our own in-house system to meet our needs and we struggled to find anything else that was flexible enough to adapt to the wide range of scenarios and customers we deal with. We found the Tradify item management, quote creation, job scheduling, and billing to be easy to customise to our needs and to provide us with the high quality outputs we require to present to our clients. The mobile app also gives us complete connectivity to the system in the field and our field staff are able to upload job notes, photos, costs etc all from our job sites with ease. The integration with Xero is also excellent and we now use Tradify for all our purchasing and billing with the data pushed through to Xero for reconciling. The ability to customise any number of templates for a wide range of email outputs has also allowed us to standardise our communication with our customers and decreases the time taken when personalising invoicing etc for our customers.
Tradify is an excellent solution for any trades / jobs based business and we are happy to recommend it to anyone looking for a solution to their job management issues.

Hamish Martin
Heat Force Ltd

Hamish Martin  

tried to install and asked me to change web browser to firefox. Tick. Asked me to download silverlight Tick. Tried to fool me into changing search engine to that horrible disgusting BING untick. Could not figure out how to sign in but had a beautiful bland blue screen. untick.
to hard for me and i give it 1 star

Brian Burke  

We switched from shuffling papers to Tradify in Jan this year due to increase in staff numbers and not being able to get a good gauge on what suburbs were performing well in regards to advertising. As a business we can't be happier the more time you put into Tradify the more you useful data you can extract to benefit you business. After using Tradify for 7 Months we now have dumped most of our advertising due to poor performance and Tradify helped us back this up by tracking where our job are located. The scheduling and quoting work well with all team members alerted as soon as a new job is uploaded in the system. as well as enabling them to adjust their schedule if they need time off and accounting for all hours within the time sheet function. Would love to see it link to our calendar and or alert the users of what time to leave to reach the next job. The guys are always contactable to resolve any issues ASAP which is crucial in our Plumbing business. Keep evolving and Keep up the great work Tradify!!

David McCarthy
David McCarthy Plumbing Pty Ltd

David McCarthy  

Scheduling, Quoting, Purchase orders, Invoicing, Excellent Xero Integration, Great mobile solution all for a Excellent price. Awesome work Tradity. Has helped us organise our business in so many ways, from efficient scheduling to getting payments on time. It's one to try if you are looking for a great system to organise your business.

Russell Kennedy
Appliance Repairs Ltd

Russell Kennedy  

We've been using Tradify for a little under a year and we found it has everything we need. We used to send emails to our tradesmen who then used to email hand written invoices back and we couldn't keep track of what had been done or not. With Tradify, I can see what is scheduled, what is waiting, what is complete and our tradesmen invoice the jobs as soon as they're finished and send the draft to Xero for me to 'make pretty' and send to our customers. No more waiting until the tradesmen remember to do the invoice and no more forgetting about jobs. I can't recommend Tradify highly enough. And their technical support team is brilliant. We don't use every feature yet but I know it's there for when we do need it. Finally a product that works. Xero could learn a thing or two from you guys!

Penny Segalla
Bridge North Plumbing Pty Ltd

Bridge North Plumbing Pty Ltd  

Sydney Espresso Services is an Espresso repair company in NSW, Australia. We have 8 mobile technicians completing 5-6 jobs per day each.
Prior to using Tradify, we were working on multiple platforms, which lacked efficiency. We were always behind in our invoicing which impacted cash flow significantly.
Now we use one platform - from scheduling the job, right through to processing the invoice.
Invoicing is immediate and cash flow has improved beyond belief.
It has also allowed us to increase our technical staff without increasing admin staff.

It is perfect for any business operating field technicians.
We highly recommend Tradify as a platform alongside Xero.

Ash Kotzen  

We've been using Tradify for a while now and will definitely recommend it to anyone. Easy to use and easy to learn. Makes everything so much easier. Invoicing is easy and nothing is let out or forgotten.

It also made productivity so much better in our workplace. Great system for any trades company.

Alecia Botha  

Hi, Our business is situated throughout Australia and New Zealand. We have been using Smartjobs/Tradify and Xero for a few years now.

The Tradify system has made organising our job runs significantly, with the use of the map. over the years as the program is new, we have advised of some changes for ease of use which has always been met with a positive response, as they are always looking at improvements. Every update applied has only improved the ease of use. very little issues as a front end user has happened over the years and all been fixed or investigated immediately.

The Xero system has interacted seamlessly with Tradify and is very user friendly. All my accounting needs have been met. I have found the help centre really helpful and when I have contacted them for further assistance this has always happened promptly.

overall both systems are an asset within any business.

Kerry Roberson  

Tradify has streamlined our business. We now capture 99% of our billable hours and the items we purchase to onsell. It's easy for the Techs to use and that is the key - its easy! Looking back over the year our profit has increased and our stock levels are at their lowest they have ever been!

Louise Bell  

Tradify is fantastic. It was great when we started using it and they somehow seem to make it better with updates.

The integration with Xero makes it easy to setup, and our field team love using it as well.

The time saved in not having to check on jobs or find where they are makes us more money than the small cost of using the system.

We are using the new Beta 2.0 in Chrome and it's brilliant!!!

If you have a small or large crew you need this system.

Liza Barlow  

Hi, I started using Tradify from day one of setting up my business almost 12 months ago. It has been the perfect tool for someone like myself who is a new business owner. Very easy to use and set up and the integration with Xero is great.

Haden Bloodworth
Pinnacle Electrical Ltd

Haden Bloodworth  

I Have been using "Tradify" job management system for 10 months and cannot fault it. Tradify basically revolutionised my business eliminating paper work, missed invoicing, missed materials etc. It also doubles up for staff or vehicle tracking. I have 4 vehicles on the road and simply load up the jobs on my home PC, or any other device, even smart phone, if away from the office. The team receives the job and gets it done, thank god to 'the cloud'. They can add materials, hours, photos, signatures, its all there. At the end of the job they can even invoice the client directly or simply leave it to me. I can track staff hours and pay them accordingly. There are more features I don't even utilise for my business but they are there when you want them. In the beginning my staff learned the new system in about 1/2 hour, its really easy. The support is FANTASTIC. I had a couple of live feeds and they took me through and showed me everything I needed to know. Any other questions are very quickly answered by their support staff.
Tradify links to Xero beautifully. I honestly don't know how I would ever go back to the old ways.
I can now go away on vacation, log on, load up jobs, invoice jobs, track my staff, send invoices, pay wages without the restriction of working from the home office.I am Finally LIVING THE DREAM I didn't think was possible, thanks to both Xero and Tradify Job management.

Steven Gravemade  

Tradify has given me a life again, with time out of the office at night. I tried other software and was disappointed until I switched to Tradify. It links flawlessly with Xero, enabling customers and inventory to be imported and get it instantly operational.

Job scheduling is much more efficient than other programs I have tried.

I have draft invoices waiting in Xero for me to approve at the end of the day. All labour and materials are already added to the invoice, with the only requirement needed from me is to occasionally alter the description of work done, before approving and printing.

The timesheet function instantly shows the billable hours daily and for the week, which identifies staff productivity. I can instantly see if there are hours missed being billed out, or poor staff productivity. This enables me to take the necessary action to rectify issues, which I was previously unaware of.

We use Tradify on iphone, smart phones, ipads, iMac and PCs. It works across all devices we use on a daily basis.

Gary Grey
A Grade Electricians

Gary Grey  

Tradify has totaly changed our business.
No more reciept juggling and we always know where we are at with our budget and time allowed for jobs

les edwards  

We've been using Tradify for a couple of years now and it is brilliant. There is a seamless integration with Xero, and between the two we have been able to do anything, anytime, anywhere. Tradify have a great support team, and are always making continual improvements. Its been very easy for our guys on the road to use as well, and they love no more paper time sheets. Tradify has made our life so much easier - thanks Tradify!

Julie Court