Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > App Reviews >

GoCardless

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Payments

4.9 out of 5 stars

Based on 11 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and GoCardless, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About GoCardless

GoCardless powered by Directli allows you to take control of your payments, ensuring your invoices get paid in a timely manner via Direct Debit. With automatic reconciliation within Xero, GoCardless will improve your cashflow and reduce your admin. Check out GoCardless.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with GoCardless, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support checkout the Support Centre.

I own a vehicle tracking company and charge £5 per vehicle per month with hundreds of customers with different fleet sizes the Xero-Directli-GoCardless partnership is a must.

On the 1st of each month hundreds of tracking rental invoices are automatically created and emailed to the customers by the Xero accounts system, then with the Directli and GoCardless system, the invoice values are requested after 3 working days, then I get paid after 5 working days and all the invoices that were successfully collected are them reconcilled in Xero, all the functionality above would be a min 1 or 2 person full time job every month.

Best threesome ive encountered :) not enough stars to choose from in the rating below.

They also seem to listen to customers and impliment the features that are requested the most.

Simon Atherton  

Outstanding, fast customer support - especially from William and Amy, who have both been on hand to help us with any questions that we've had.

The automation of our Xero account is excellent and saves us a huge amount of time and effort. Not running the risk of human error has also been a life-saver. Thanks again to all the team.

Richard Evans  

I've been very happy with the Directli / Xero integration. Before using Directli, we were processing a lot of monthly payments through Gocardless directly and reconciling them in Xero was a royal pain in the backside. Now, it all happens automatically, saving us a bunch of time, and we don't have to worry about synchronising the invoice date in Xero and the payment date in Gocardless because Directli manages that.

Cancelling a subscription is now easier too as we just have to stop the Xero invoices - before we had to stop the invoices AND the DD payments manually, which inevitable led to the occasional mistake. No longer!

The team at Directli are really helpful and QUICK. There are couple of quirky things you need to get used to as with any system, but the team are very happy to help when needed.

Thanks for a great service guys.
Tim

Tim Freed  

We find the Directli Helpdesk customer support to be really helpful and quick to resolve any queries we have. We have been enjoying how easy using Directli is making our direct debit run, and would definitely recommend it!
Thanks for the excellent support...
Danny Hassall (DH Business Support Limited)

Danny Hassall  

Just wanted to thank William and the guys on the Directli helpdesk for their excellent customer support. Keep it up!!
Thanks
Steve

Steve Blissett  

Hi Jo,
If you only cancelled their mandates, they will still be within your Customers list so you don't need to import them - just go to their record and 'Create Mandate'. If you need any help, please get in touch with helpdesk@directli.co.uk Thanks!

Directli Team  

I really like how simple Directli is but need to enquire if anyone else has had a similar issue? I cancelled a couple of mandates at the customers request but need to set them up again. When I go to the Import Customers tab, those clients arent showing anymore? So, I cannot set them up again. Any suggestions anyone?

Jo Dehavilland  

Just so you know, this is a review thread for Directli so you can only post once! If you'd like to continue this conversation, I'd suggest posting in Using Xero Add-ons.

Matt Oldfield (Community Manager)  

Kristina - Let me know your questions, and I'll see if I can answer.

Andrew Duncan  

Is there anyone UK based who has done xero / Directli integration and can chat through a couple of concerns before I import customers? I can chat to Xero or chat to Directli but I would really like to talk to someone who has been through the start process. Many thanks in advance!

Kristina Le Feuvre  

Directli/xero/go cardless works really well - excellent system.

And just received excellent customer support. Thanks guys.

Mike Fieldhouse  

Directli / Xero is an awesome combination, it saves us loads of time each month - no more tedious reconciliation! Our previous direct debit system was paper based which was a real pain. The ability to e-mail over a direct debit link and get them setup online has transformed our business. It's simpler for our customers, reduces admin to a bare minimum and helps us get paid faster!

Jonathan Hutchings  

This is a must have add-on!

Streamline how you collect your money from your clients - it is easy to set up and takes minutes to refresh. We'll be sharing this with our clients.

Jonathan Gaunt  

We love Directli, it has made our monthly billing cycle so much easier. We also use it as part of our customer screening programme. If a customer doesn't want to set up a Direct Debit, it then alerts us that an upfront deposit may be required or whether we want them to be a client at all!

We have been using it for a couple of months now and have started to recommend it to our clients, its that good.

Kieron Townsend