Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

PayPal

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Payments

2.1 out of 5 stars

Based on 7 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and PayPal, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About PayPal

PayPal is a safe, easy way to pay and get paid online. You can accept credit card payments and automatically view and reconcile transactions within Xero. For more information, check out PayPal.

Tip

For integration support, contact Xero, or for issues relating to PayPal service, contact PayPal. Please also see this guide on integrating PayPal and Xero.

8 Customer Reviews
My experience of Paypal and Xero is terrible. There is a bug between the two that duplicates all payment transfers to my nominated bank account. I have had to manually go through the last 6 months and remove the offending line items in bank statements. What angered me to begin with is that you KNOWINGLY knew the bug existed however nowhere did I receive a communication to this effect. Can you please be so kind and inform me when this is actually going to be fixed. I cannot be the only one that is unhappy.

Ruth Benjamin-Thomas  

Initially I found Paypal fiddly to set up the bank feeds to Xero, I've had no experience with bugs. In fact I find it a great add on.

Ivana Dryland  

Im in NZ there is no way that I can create an account as my IP is not from America, this is one of the lousiest links I have ever seen.
WIth the current link there is no way I can create an account as I dont have a zip code or a relevant american phone number, well fancy that, im in NZ!!!

Dan Pollard  

They don't have business payments enabled, so I was charged 2.9% of the entire transaction. That's $183! With business payments, any U.S. B2B non-credit card transaction only costs $0.50. We need that.

Nathan Tate  

This very badly needs to have Business Payments enabled. As currently designed, all payments through this integration are charged a 2.9% processing fee - killer for large invoices.

Paypal's "Business Payments" feature has already been implemented by Freshbooks, and allows payments of any size for $0.50 flat. Need it.

Bill DAlessandro  

I'm having real problems manually uploading the PayPal Bank Statements into Xero. I think I have followed the instructions in the Business Help Centre exactly, and am able to get the initial data for a month uploaded fine, but then once I change the columns in the csv to enable the PayPal fees for that month to come across into Xero, the template will thereafter assume, when I want to import the next month’s main transaction information, that it merely wants to upload the fees. I have tried using “Edit Account Details” to no avail. Can anyone help!

Philip Naylor-Leyland  

Very bad paypal-Xero integration experience with many clients. Switched to manual csv integration in many cases. Just dropped the paypal account in Xero in others after losing many hours.

Daniel Vézina  

No problems at all with Paypal and its feeds into Xero. No problems with uploading the CSV past transactions either. Just to give readers an update; maybe the negativity from others on this forum is justified from their point of view but I'm not having any issues. Note that you have to use only those headings that appear in the upload mapping when uploading CSV's - most of the information in the Paypal CSV must be discarded. Hope thats helpful.

Dianne Jewell