Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Invoicing + Jobs

4.8 out of 5 stars
Based on 35 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and ServiceM8, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About ServiceM8

Manage any field service business. Keep track of jobs and the work process from quote, scheduling, emails & texts to job completion and invoicing. For more information, check out ServiceM8.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with ServiceM8, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the ServiceM8 support centre or this page for information on connecting ServiceM8 to Xero.

I have just added it. Both applications say they are linked. No syncing has been done yet. I will give it time.

Don Hunter  

I now have 3 clients using ServiceM8 with Xero and they all love it! Easy to set up, great support and easy to use and understand. Syncing with Xero is a breeze!

Carol Mann  

Surprisingly powerful! I had written ServiceM8 off originally due to it's basic appearance (assumed basic functions). After trialing a lot of other apps (and much frustration and disappointment) we will now be moving from Geoop to ServiceM8 for the day to day functions of our plumbing business. Try it, I promise you'll be impressed!

Dennis Green  

Have tried them all, GeoOp, Vworkapp, Syncroteam then Servicem8. This software rocks. Our team love it in that it has service reporting and forms from within the app. The biggest plus is the xero interface which actually works properly unlike many others we tried. The platform seems very stable as well.

I agree with previous comments that the interface could be improved i.e. for data entry etc and also the job scheduling could be improved however a great product with great potential. If you really need the service report or job report done in a pdf format and emailed from the job site this will actually do it rather than the promises and failures of other products and bonus the app mainly works offline!!

Tim Bloy  

ServiceM8 has become the life blood of our business, integrating with Xero has reduced our accounting and bookkeeping costs significantly. We highly recommend ServiceM8 to all like minded business people wanting to reduce their admin time, improve their cash-flow and impress their customers, with good communication. It's an easy to use system even for a one man plumber, right up to a much larger multi-staff, multi location national business.

As a business manager, tracking all details and communication between staff and clients is a absolute godsend. From little notes, to time tracking, invoicing and the whole process all for a small cost per job, and that's it. Absolutely pays for itself each day in the time it saves and the piece of mind you gain using this system. Plus all the ServiceM8 staff and Partners are there every step of the way!

Craig Randall  

Service M8 has been by far the greatest addition to my business and now having it integrated to Xero it's even better! Our cash flow is always on point and setting accounts is a breeze to insure you can track all sales properly!

We have been a user of Service M8 since 2012 and highly recommend their system, do yourself a favour and give it a try!

Leigh Rowlands  

ServiceM8 has cut out all the double handling & re-entering of information. It has streamlined how we quote, allocate and invoice jobs, intern saving me hours every week and days every month.

ServiceM8 allows me to be completely mobile, while everything I need is no further away than my pocket.

Im over 50 and not very Tech' savy, but the connection between Xero & ServiceM8 has encouraged me to embrace technology and the accounting side of the business as well . . .AWESOME!!!

Jon Nixon  

ServiceM8 + Xero just works. Especially since the interface improvements with ServiceM8 Version 3 September 2014. I can run my business just with the ServiceM8 iPhone as a Job Diary, Quoting, Invoicing and receiving credit card payments through ServiceM8 integration with Striipe. The Xero iPhone app to reconcile accounts on the go. The combination is great.

David Micallef  

ServiceM8 & Xero have transformed our business. Invoices and payments now integrate seamlessly, avoiding the need for manual entry & potential duplication & errors. We can issue receipts via the app and it gives an extremely professional look to our company. Very easy to use. Highly recommend!

Hatty Philips  

We started using Service M8 in January 2012, when our business was only a few months old and haven't looked back. It's been great to see the platform evolve with our business needs as well as the needs of the SM8 community. Initially we ran our books on spreadsheets which was very time consuming as the business expanded. When we integrated the two platforms we couldn't believe the time savings, especially when we started using Receipt Bank in conjunction with Xero. I estimate time savings of around 40-80 hours per month by making the decision to integrate to these three awesome software platforms.

Accountability of company resources is paramount to any business and you need these sorts of tools to track them in real time. Highly recommended!

Nathan Cayirylys  

Extremely happy with both Xero and ServiceM8 as a packages team. They work seamlessly together and have certainly optimised time spent on both job management and accounting. My business just would not be the same without them. I know exactly where my quotes, jobs, and invoices are up to and also exactly where my business sits financially. Would (and have) recommend to anyone with a business!

John Wilkinson  

I've been using Servicem8 for 3 years now. It's easy to use and not overly complicated like other job management packages. Keep up the great work guys.

Mark Brown  

I have been using Servicem8 since it first started. It has evolved significantly. Its great to have the ability that I can work from anywhere as both my Job Management System and Accounting System is both in the cloud! Looking at other businesses, I can see how they duplicate / triplicate all their job notes.... Not with Servicem8 and Xero! LOVE IT

Matthew Brown  

My bussiness switched to ServiceM8 over 12 months ago, and integrated with Xero at the start of this the 14/15 financial year. The ease of which the two work together makes the process's of quoting all the way through to receiving payments and generating reports a breeze.

ServiceM8 in particular has been a great tool that has seen a reduction in loss of billable hours and products, and also allowed us to effortlessly improve our customer service. Our business is now fully structured around ServiceM8.

I could not recommend any software more than ServiceM8.

Matthew Thomas  

Service m8 has really taken our business to the next level. We have not printed a work order or quote request in about a year and we run everything from our iPad, iPhone or computer. It is all synced and it's saving us a lot of time on the phone as everyone is on the same page. The team at Service M8 are very responsive when you need help with something. Great system!

Katie Lang  

We have been using ServiceM8 and Xero together for 2 years now and it's been absolutely fantastic. We are all working so much more efficiently now, I have no idea how we operated without it! The two programs integrate seamlessly sharing information back and forth without any issues at all. One of the best features of working in the cloud means we have so much more free time as we can take our work with us anywhere without being tied down to the office. With so many other options available in the software market (that are much more expensive and far less effective) we're extremely happy with our decision to use SM8 and Xero. Highly recommend these two programs to anyone in the service industry.

Renae Alsop  

we checked out and trialled many field management systems and made the informed choice to go with serviceM8. We had already been using Xero, so to add serviceM8 for our field management was easy. We made the change from paper to digital management at the start of the day about 1.5 years ago, never needed to go back to our old ways once, and have been very very pleased ever since. The sync between serviceM8 and Xero is excellent. Being all cloud based we are free from having to be in the office, our key staff can run the business from their iphones when they want to, or need to be away from the office. I have told many people that this is the way to run a service business.

David Young  

We all hear that small business owners are busy. For me I seem to live & breath my business 24/7. I won't go on, but anything that slows you down is going to get rubbished, tossed to one side, screaming as it hits the ground hard.

So having Xero on my team means that:
1) I have regained control over my business dollar. I know where I'm going, what it costs us. So I can measure & plan in real time.
2) My accountant has instant access and can provide real time help.
3) My business is expanding both Xero & ServiceM8 will continue to do their job and support me as we grow.

The key here is 'REAL TIME'. Xero & ServiceM8 allows you to measure, plan & grow. In the office or on the road it's all there. These people provide some of the super tools to become successful.

I have looked at other applications and they mostly fail in the areas that are so important to the small business. I personally found is easy to ask them the hard questions because I was already getting super service for the leaders in this market.

Great work team, I'm very happy. :)

Rob Hore  

I have been using Servicem8 for about two years now and integrating it with Xero. It has been a great move from the previous method of involving & quoting that I was doing before. Servicem8 and Xero have improved my companies productivity by reducing admin time significantly.

Tom Dixon  

Excellent on all accounts, I believe I may have been one of the earlier adopters of servicem8 and it is now an integral part of the business. Currently moving from MYOB to Xero so sure it will be even better

Jonathan Grey  

We have been using ServiceM8 and Xero together for over 12 months now. Our technicians can be out in the field, produce their invoices, receive the payment, email a receipt and all of that information is automatically synchronized to Xero. It has saved our office administration staff so much time and makes the accounting a whole lot easier.
The new add-on with Stripe has improved our cash flow and makes taking Credit Card payments a breeze.

Jodie Clarke  

We really pride ourselves on providing good customer service and using ServiceM8 with Xero has enabled us to deliver great customer service very easily. With Service M8 our field staff can generate professional and tailored reporting on the spot and in minutes - zero admin time!! Scheduling jobs and monitoring work in hand is also greatly improved with Service M8. The quick link to Xero then makes managing debtors very easy. The Xero/Service M8 has been so valuable for our business.

Admin BWE  

What a fantastic product ! Since starting to use ServiceM8, I feel I provide a so much better service to my customers. It has made me more organised, reduced paperwork, stay on top of invoicing, reduced admin workload and just helps me catch all the balls I used to drop, because we are all doing so much at once. If you run a service based business, as I do, take my genuine advice and try it out. I can't imaging going back to pre ServiceM8 days and cannot recommend this highly enough. The support is also great, I logged a ticket on a Sunday and got a reply 15 mins later ! 10 Stars !

Nerge Agusi  

This service has streamlined my business and minimized my time dealing with administration and accounts. It's also great that I can log in anywhere in the world and have up to the minute access on where my business is at. I won't ever look back, thanks again!

TWS Total Water Solutions .  

Since using ServiceM8 our business has been able to streamline our Quoting and Invoicing processes. It's easy to using and invoicing can be done while out on site, saving me time when I get back in the office.
Matt Johnson
MJJ Carpentry Pty Ltd

Natalie Johnson  

We have been using service mate for over 12 months. We tried other programs before and none offered what service mate does. It is so easy to use from booking jobs all the way through to invoicing.Easy for all our technicians to use on the road saving us time in the office. Its great that it syncs with our accounting package xero for a fully streamlines service. Highly recommended.

Stacey Austin
Frozone Air Pty Ltd

Stacey Austin  

As a totally mobile organisation, I needed to manage everything on the move, so combining our accounting systems with service delivery was vital. We tried many packages but they never worked well together but eventually found ServiceM8 and it just works. The integration works well and it has streamlined our processes completely. We have added professional client reporting using Forms and our clients love it. The other important thing is staff acceptance - our field guys love it because they can complete all reports immeadiately the job is done, saving time and effort - a key selling point internally when implementing systems. Our business just works and has saved us loads of time and money - highly recommended software systems from Xero and ServiceM8

Graham Chapple  

We're wrapped with Servicem8. After searching the market high and wide we're really happy we went with Servicem8.

Servicem8 makes us look highly professional and has allowed me to hand over most operational task to my team without my involvement. What works best for us is the scheduling ability. Unlike many competing products it was important for us to be able to book in a time that we've agreed with the client.

Our Technicians struggle with most technology, but not Servicem8.

The list goes on but needless to say. It's working for us.

Tim Haycock  

ServiceM8 was the first app we used when starting up RJ Stewart Electrical & is still the best job management app 2 years later. ServiceM8 is always updating itself with new ideas to make it easier for us to work efficiently. Going paperless has been a breeze!

The different options to customise ServiceM8 to suit us has also made it perfect for us as the company grows!

Could not recommend ServiceM8 enough!!

Ryan Stewart

RJ Stewart Electrical

Ryan Stewart  

As a small business, we are always working to streamline systems but also keep good records, as we grow. ServiceM8 has helped us do both in the field and the office.

The pricing structure is also simple.

We are happy customers at Phos!

Todd Dearman
Phos Electric Group

Todd Dearman  

We've been using servicem8 for 3 years now. We had tried a few similar products but there wasn't anything that compared in value and ease of use.
The sync with xero is seemless and saves us hours of data entry each week.
Highly recommended

Clinton Richards Electrical

Clinton Richards  

I have been using servicem8 for our Electrical business for a while now. Last October I trialled it with Xero and haven't looked back! It makes invoicing and book work easy. Any issues I've had are responded to quickly and effectively. Totally recommended.

Wendy Fanning  

I am disappointed to find that the only support is by chat line or paying, you cant talk to anyone directly about support questions without paying. This is deal breaker for me, I cant bear plowing through FAQs to find solutions!

David Sharp  

Hi David, sorry to hear that you are finding the service poor, however I can confirm that as a partner of ServiceM8 I provide awesome over the phone service to my clients, cost can be very minimal if you are setting up the system yourself and just need to bounce a few questions off me!

I own a landscaping company and also use the Xero/ServiceM8 combination and it is awesome, and this fact also makes me an awesome partner as I have a lot of trade knowledge. If you are willing to give this another go I'm certainly keen to help! Go to my website www.fippet.com.au/servicem8/ and check out my services and drop me a line!

ServiceM8 treats partners like me very well, and we are here to provide support to people just like you!

Jodi Homer  

Hi David

One of the ways we've managed to provide ServiceM8 at a cost effective rate is by designing it to be self-serve, which is why we don't provide phone/voice support.

Support is provided via email at support@servicem8.com , or via chat from within your ServiceM8 account. We recognise that not everyone is able to dedicate the time to this approach though, and this is why we also have a network of ServiceM8 Partners who are able to provide extra support as well as training and setup services. Our support model is actually very similar to Xero's -- we provide e-mail support directly to our customers, while phone support and on-site training is provided by third parties.

Jodi is one of our ServiceM8 Partners and she's posted a message just above this one, I'd urge you to have a read of that and consider getting in touch with Jodi or one of our other ServiceM8 Partners.

ServiceM8 Support

Service M8  

I absolutely love ServiceM8 and Xero.
They both work together so well it makes my life that much easier.

I would just like to request a report that can help with the actual CASH Banking deposits.
When using ServiceM8 the job is completed and cash is paid onsite, then CASH payment is marked by the driver.
But when the invoice gets transferred to XERO all payments get bundled to the one account with no reporting option to search by description. (You can export the report to excel, sort by description and add it up... Just the same time to manually highlight them and use a calculator though) In Sales you can search for many things including description.

If this Search option (or a Report would be even better, as it would give a total amount) was available in transactions for the PAYMENT REF it would really help to work out the cash that needed banking each week.

Please consider for your future updates as Banking is a huge part of day to day business.

Lauren Howie  

ServiceM8 looking great - 3 stars only though as restricts usage to Apple products only and we can't expect our sub contractors to purchase apple products. And website doesn't appear to work very well on Android tablets either. Other than that a great product from testing - off to search for something more flexible.

Chris Johnson  

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the feedback, we're proud to be Apple exclusive as we believe that a product that does everything and is for everyone isn't focused on anything. We've focused on small business, and believe that focusing on Apple devices allows us to provide a great experience for staff and owners in the field. 100% of our effort goes into our iPhone/iPad app, so every ServiceM8 customer benefits each time we improve and enhance how it works. Our customers can confidently invest in new hardware knowing we will continue to provide support.

We also realise that it's not reasonable to dictate purchases to sub contractors, and so I would encourage you to take a look at ServiceM8 Network which was launched October 2015. ServiceM8 Network allows you to send jobs to any sub contractor with an email address, they will receive all the job details, be able to complete it on any computer or smartphone and you'll receive real-time updates on their progress - sub contractors don't even need to use ServiceM8. You can find out more about it here: https://www.servicem8.com/tour_network

ServiceM8 Support

Service M8