Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Stripe

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Payments

3.3 out of 5 stars

Based on 3 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Stripe, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Stripe

Stripe makes it easy to accept credit card payments for online invoices sent from Xero. For more information, check out Stripe.

Tip

For integration support, contact Xero, or for issues relating to Stripe service, contact Stripe. Please also see this guide on integrating Stripe and Xero.

8 Customer Reviews
I recently added Stripe integration, so that my customers can make payments online. Stripe automatically transfers the funds in a timely manner. But Stripe service quality aside, it appears that my customers only have the option of paying the full amount they are invoiced. This is a problem to customers who have arranged payment plans with us. So the workaround for now is to just create an invoice for each partial payment due. I would definitely like to see support for customers to enter in their own payment amounts.

Robert Tran  

I've added Stripe integration a couple of weeks ago.
The setup process was a breeze, my customers now get a nice big green Pay Now button when viewing in.xero. I like that the payments are automatically posted to the invoice.

My small gripes are,
1. when the payment arrives 7 days later it's an aggregate of charges and fees. However, the Stripe fees aren't automatically recorded in Xero, so I have to add them manually in order to reconcile.
2. I thought about using Stripe's Webhooks https://manage.stripe.com/account/webhooks to do some magic in my web app. Stripe sends through the JSON object with the charge.payment info but in that I'm yet to find the invoice number, reference or UUID that will let me link back to the Xero invoice.

Tony Stewart  

We would love for the option to add the Stripe fee on top of the invoice if customers choose to pay using Stripe. At the moment, we have to send one invoice theme without Stripe included with a note saying "if you would like to pay by credit card please email us and we will send you another invoice". If a customer does want to pay by credit card, we have to void the first invoice in Xero because you cannot change the theme once it has been sent. We then create a new invoice with the Stripe theme and add a credit card fee and send to the customer. Would be great if this could all be handled automatically - for example - if customer chooses to pay on Stripe, it automatically adds the Stripe fee on to the invoice for payment by the customer.

Also agree with Tony Stewart's and Robert Tran's points above.

Amy Jarrett  

I have a lot of subscription billing. Many of my customers do not want to have to log in and pay their bill every month. I have these plans set up in Stripe but i don't know how to set them up and integrate them with Xero. How would i go about doing this?

Jeremy Wells  

Hello,
as far as I understand this integration service requires me to issue an invoice (via Xero) first, and then send it to the customer so that they can pay. Is it possible to use the stripe API to perform the payment (on the website) and then have xero create invoice and reconcile it with payment?

Wojciech Ptak  

Bump to Wojciech's question. What's the best way to reconcile invoices that are autogenerated with the lump transfers from Stripe?

Yaniv Tal  

There’s an existing Community discussion about Stripe that might help those with questions: Automation of Stripe Reconciliation. You can either comment there if you think it relates to your question, or start a new discussion (here: Using Add Ons). This thread is just meant for the review of our Add-on Partners - thanks!

Brittany H (Community Manager)  

Agree with Amy Jarrett's ask above -- the ability to append a dynamic Credit Card fee equal to the fee charged by Stripe would be ideal

Ron Steslow