Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > App Reviews >

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Invoicing + Jobs

4.7 out of 5 stars
Based on 15 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and TriggerApp, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About TriggerApp

Project, team and client management. Tasks, projects, timesheets, budget tracking and invoicing integrated with Xero. For more information, check out TriggerApp.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with TriggerApp, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the TriggerApp support centre or this page for information on connecting TriggerApp to Xero.

Trigger has been wonderful to use with our team and the integration with Xero makes for such a seamless process from project execution to payment collection. The improvements over our old system have allowed us to generate more revenue and gain greater insight into our business operations.

Joel Kallman  

We niche in servicing digital agencies and when we're asked about project management software Trigger is highly recommended. It integrates billing, timesheets, projects and communication all in a single platform which is awesome for extracting analytics and performance KPIs. Back by a smart team.

SmartBooks Online  

We've been running Clever Starfish with Trigger over the last 3 years. It's been a sturdy and reliable ally as our business and workflow has evolved. For a small team, we run an extraordinary amount of clients and projects and we simply couldn't manage without Trigger. There have been few small bumps along the way but their support is prompt and helpful. We recommend it.

Clever Starfish : Accounts  

I think someone said earlier, trigger is not without it's issues. It's a bit rough around the edges and it has bugs and inconsistencies in the UI, but for something so powerful, it's really accessible and easy to use and very logical. The being said, it does feel a little under developed.

The Xero integration is great.

Ash Joseph  

Trigger is a powerful tool. It is easy to use, and integrates flawlessly with Xero. If you aren't using Trigger, you should seriously ask yourself why not.

Joe Moss  

This works great if you're an administrator in Xero, but Trigger's system keeps losing authentication to Xero and has to be re-authorized every month when we cut invoices. This means the invoicing user must have full permissions in Xero. I never had this issue with Freshbooks or other integrated systems. I'd prefer to not give my invoicing user full permissions in Xero.

Chris Romp  

Top notch little web app. I am glad to see there are some works in the pipeline as well. I would love to see a desktop timer to accompany the web app.

Nik Rivas-Barnao  

Awesome awesome awesome!

Pete Heslop  

Trigger is great for keeping track of the hours spent on each project and then billing through Xero. Great match!

Paul Edrupt  

I couldn't ask for a better solution for our business. I have tried out an army of different project management software solutions including WorkFlowMax and none of them compare to TriggerApp for simplicity and ease of use for all users. I beleive I am one of the original users and I seen a lot of improvements over the duration and looking forward to the updates in the pipeline. Thanks once again to the TriggerApp's Team.

Shayne Moore  

Trigger + Xero = Ease of life! Integrated the way it should Very good job. Kept a complex integration simple to manage!

Martijn Verhoeven  

There are some issues with Trigger but I'm willing to overlook those for now as they're less of a hassle than not having the Xero integration. If they can get some of the little details ironed out it'd be a 5/5.

Ed Linklater  

Great combination - TriggerApp works perfectly for project management and monitoring the progress. The key here though is being able to simply add these hours to xero with the click of a button. When you bill by the hour and have a thousand other things to do in the day - this step needs to be quick and painless. Good job guys !!

Karen Westland  

As someone who lives & dies by the billable hour I was looking for an app that would integrate seamlessly with Xero. I didn't want to be tracking hours in one app & then entering that information into another. Xero & Trigger work great together... I track projects & hours in Trigger & then when I'm ready to send invoices I just export my billable hours to trigger & send off my invoices.

Evielyn Chapman  

I've been using TriggerApp for over a year now and I don't know what I'd do without it. It makes project management so much easier. I work with a number of developers and Trigger helps me keep track of who's working on what. The new SmartPhone app is great as well.

Andrea Tjoeng