Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Bill.com

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Bills + Expenses

3 out of 5 stars

Based on 2 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Bill.com, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Bill.com

A cash flow command and control system that manages accounts payable and receivable for businesses of all sizes, check out Bill.com.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Bill.com, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

To reach support, click Support from the bottom of any page in your Bill.com account

4 Customer Reviews
I tried using Bill.com for my own receivables. It was a horrible experience. Clients would have trouble scheduling the payment, then Bill.com would take another 7 days to pay me. I went from getting paid immediately via paypal to experiencing up to 14 days lag time to get paid. From my perspective, Bill.com is ripping off customers by using a 7 day float before they pay the invoice. So, they get to borrow money, at a cost to us, and pay no interest whatsover on it.

Terrence Power  

Hi Terrence. I am sorry to hear your horrible experience with Bill.com. Bill.com is not holding money to make money on float (interest rate is really low in the US). We move money via ACH Network so we need to move the money from your customer to our account then move that to you. With the 2 days clearance period on the ACH network, it may take up to 5 days for the money to arrive in your bank account. However, once you use Bill.com for a few payments (pay or get paid), we accelerate your payments so can pay or get paid electronically much faster. In addition, you can also use PayPal or Credit Card Merchant account to get paid instantly but you will be charged a % fee on the payment (by PayPal / Merchant service), vs when you get paid via Bill.com ACH, it costs just a flat fee of $0.49.

Henrique Ceribelli  

I am really confused on the integration of vendor credits and Bill.com. I had a case where a bill was paid twice in error. I got everything fixed in Xero, whereby I recorded the second payment as a Prepayment. Then, when I got the next month's bill, I uploaded to Bill.com, entered it and then it synced over to Xero. In Xero, I applied a portion of the Prepayment to the Bill (the prepayment was bigger than the bill), so a credit still exists in Xero, which is correct. The problem is getting rid of the bill in Bill.com and then how to apply the remaining credit to next month's bill. Support used a workaround whereby I entered the remaining credit into Bill.com, but then they had to go mark it to NOT SYNC. This seems like a lot of time to take care of a $1.09 credit. It seems like there has to be an easier way that I could have handled this. Any ideas?

Linda Borst  

Linda this page is just for the review of Bill.com. If you’d like help with the integration you can either start a discussion here, or get in touch with Bill.com as this sounds like a problem on their end. I’m sure Bill.com would appreciate a review from you on this page as well :)

Brittany H (Community Manager)