Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Checkfront

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |eCommerce

3 out of 5 stars

Based on 1 user rating
If you are a user of Xero and Checkfront, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Checkfront

Real-time booking management system for activity, tour & hospitality businesses - accept bookings on your own website, check out Checkfront.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Checkfront, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Checkfront support centre

We have been trialling Checkfront for a client. The service has been awesome!

Kim Hamill  

Been using checkfront for a year now, great results, have just connected to zero and would like to know how to sync all my past booking invoices and help please.

Xavier King  

This page is just for the review of Checkfront. If you have any questions either get in touch with Checkfront, or Xero, Support, or post your question in the Using Xero Add-ons topic. If you can, make sure you add your rating too - I'm sure Checkfront, and other users would appreciate it :)

Brittany H (Community Manager)  

Overall, it's great but it does have some limitations which impact accrual based businesses with more complicated accounting setups.

1) When an invoice is changed in Checkfront that already has a part payment or full payment allocated in Xero, the sync doesn't work.
2) Checkfront uses the date the invoice was created which then becomes the date the invoice is created in Xero which distorts revenue if using accruals based and requires manual work to use the desired date on the invoice to correctly recognise revenue (such as when the service is provided, not booked).
3) The payment sync only works for one account, not multiple. Ideally, multiple payment accounts can be identified so that the payment comes from them (ie, multiple bank accounts as opposed to just one right now). Due to this limitation, this feature has to be turned off for us and is arguably one of the main reasons why this integration is so valuable.

Elias Bizannes  

Q1: Who supports the Add-On - is it Xero or Checkfront?
Q2: Elias, in your point 3, I'm confused - I have set up different account codes for each item. Adding new type=revenue codes in the "Chart of Accounts". Is that different from the problem you have?

Thanks!

Steve Weeks