Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Inventory

4.5 out of 5 stars
Based on 94 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Cin7, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Cin7

Manage complex inventory requirements, manufacturing, multi-currencies, and mobile and online ordering. Suitable for 5 or more staff, check out Cin7.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Cin7, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Cin7 support centre

High 5 Cin7 for producing a high quality product that works .. thank you

Gayle Buchanan  

We were able to recommend Cin7 to some of our more complex clients, and their software managed to fill massive gaps in their business models. A cool add-on to Xero for any business owner that needs slightly more support and functionality from their stock/manufacturing/ordering systems.

Eva Perrone  

I paid the deposit and spent two weeks trying to get the show on the road with Cin7.

Cin7 offers a highly customizable l product. This customization is great so long as you live in New Zealand. If you're elsewhere in the world get ready for some wild work hours as their support staff are only available during NZ work hours. Because of this I had to respectfully decline from using Cin7 - it is so customized that you are more or less tethered to support team.

All in they are very nice guys, they're onto something good and I imagine in the near future, with global support and further tweaking, they'll have something great.

Peter Smith  

I’ve looked at a few different systems including entry level systems like Unleashed and more complex applications like Cin7, and we even had a brief look at some of the top tier systems ($200K+ ) and here’s what I’ve found with Cin7:

They have an unusual customer onboarding process that has allowed me to confirm for myself – or not – if their solution will do what we need, with a small fee ($1,000 I think) retained from our deposit if it ended up that we hadn’t gone ahead with a complete installation. So far so good on that count.

Configuring and customizing the software seems to be complicated, but their guys do seem to handle that pretty well, although we have needed to communicate with a few different people on the team there during the customization process. OK I guess, although I do prefer to work via a single point of contact whenever possible.

The manufacturing process and stock management we needed to sync with Xero, and our online shop and the warehouse is all good now, and now it’s hard to imagine how we did things without something like this before.

All in all, the control and efficiencies we were looking for across a few different locations works well, and the total spend has been bearable, compared with other systems that don’t seem to offer a much better level of functionality. (In fact we haven’t been able to find another fully “live” option off the shelf, to make a direct comparison with.)

Happy users right now, impressed with the depth of functionality available, and the extent to which the application can be tailored to match our business and business processes.

William Smith  

I can honestly say that CIN7 and Xero have changed our business - for the better.

We are a contemporary furniture importing and retail business with only 3 staff, and I feel that CIN7 in particular, has made up for almost 1 full time staff member in terms of increased productivity.

The fact CIN7 is so customisable means that we have been able to tailor a "back end" POS and inventory management system that allows for staff (and through our website - customers) to get all the information we/ they need, in the shortest possible time frame.

Being an importer, the ability to allocate and apportion freight and customs charges in NZD directly to USD purchase orders, then import it directly to Xero, has meant I no longer have to manually enter this info and spread it across a shipment in a spreadsheet, then enter it again - manually, to our old POS system. It also means that our costs are very accurate and therefore our GP figures are too.

We have fairly complex components of some of our furniture items, but the CIN7 B.O.M builder allows us to allocate parts to make up a final product, taking away any messy guesswork with costings and stock control.

I cannot speak highly enough about the support team. They are helpful, polite and switched on. I have found them a pleasure to work with.

There ARE improvements to be made around the reconciliation between Xero and CIN7. The process is relatively easy, but it is a bit "clunky" and slow. The exporting and importing process however, is pretty seamless and instant.

The only obvious other "improvement" I can see fro CIN7 would be to give it a "design makeover". She is a bit ugly, and could certainly use that "xero" brush swept across it....

These last two comments said, I still stand by CIN7 and Xero in a big way, and would recommend both to anyone in a retail and/or importing business, no matter how complex your inventory requirements are.

Chris Heard
Bauhaus - Contemporary Furniture
19 The Strand
Auckland, NZ

Chris Heard  

After a fairly exhaustive research and selection process we chose to make the leap from MYOB to CIN7 paired with Xero and the decision was an excellent one which i truly believe has helped increase our sales, improve our customer service and improve our inventory management.

As a retail furniture business with a strong customised solution focus it was very important that the system could deal with a lot of "one off" stock situations.

The inventory system, BOM builder and Associated Expenses Module have enabled us to better track on product costs allocations and track our stock on hand more efficiently.

The system has been adopted easily by our staff who enjoy using it. Tracking their sales, following up on sales quotes and the ability to sell anywhere at anytime with a cloud system has hugely benefited them.

Our business would benefit even more from CIN7 with a few improvements to the Xero integration, reconciliation process and 3rd party website provider integration (like Shopify). Which are all projects I believe they are working on.

The team at CIN7 are fantastic to deal with and have a great can do attitude to working with you to find the right solution for you however sometimes those solutions can be a bit slower than I would like.

I recommend CIN7 on a daily basis to a variety of retail / wholesale / manufacturing and importing businesses.

Scott Fisk
Dawson's Furniture
Auckland, NZ

Scott Fisk  

Cin7 has been amazing with keeping track, of our inventory. We carry 1000s of parts and now with multiple sites across Australia. with out cin7 i would go crazy. They have been a great help from the start 5 months in full use ( after setup time 60 days for us ) The guys at cin7 have customized a few little things along the way , never to hard .
There has been no hidden costs also.

All of our quotes are now in a central location. Being cloud based has made life easier for all of my staff, with the flexibility of working from home.

They seem to be always working on improving and adding features , thanks cin7

We also use the POS part also for our show room , makes life easier . we carry thousands of products and not every thing has barcodes yet , so the seach funiction helps with the images . thanks cin7
Telephone Wreckers
Mark Prieditis
Brisbane, Australia

Mark Prieditis  

During last year we had Cin 7 develop an account package and a website.
Having already been running with Xero for a while, it was a very smooth transition to continue with them and have Cin 7 ability to load into Xero.
The development team led be David Choy were very understanding of our needs and I can highly recommend their services.

Roger Mckinnon
Parnell, Auckland

Roger McKinnon  

We started using Cin7 in August 2014 and have been really impressed with the system so far & the support provided. We've previously used Unleashed and currently use Tradevine in another business but were looking for something that could be customised for our manufacturing and distribution business. The cin7 team were really helpful during the set up phase and have been incredibly responsive developing specific reports for our manufacturing business very promptly. Cin7 is a relatively intuitive system and is fast and easy to use. As a result of using Cin7, we have reduced data entry, increased productivity and have better access to real time information about our costs/yields/sales. We are looking forward to getting the B2B ordering set up as this again should drive our costs down & help sales. Well done Cin7 team.
Jo Freeman, JIG Limited trading as The Daily Squeeze & Ice Rescue.

Jo Freeman  

cin7 is a beauty and much better managed our products from importing to sales, the seamless integratation with xero saves us heaps of time. we have done lots of home work studying systems alike before get cin7 on board, a great decision so far! cin7 team is just nice and so quick in replying and solving your problems, very proffesional!
Highly recommended...

Protex Workwear
North Shore, Auckland

Brian Bian  

We have been using Cin7 for almost a year now and we have found the solution to work well for our business. Being able to convert sales into purchases orders via their smart buyer facility saves us valuable data entry time.

I would happily recommend Cin7 to anyone looking for a cloud-based inventory solution.

Alan Purchase
Managing Director

Whistler Leather Ltd
210 The Design Centre - London - SW10 0XE

Alan Purchase  

We started using both Xero & CIN7 in January 2014 and so far, both systems are working extremely well for us.

We have two business units. We roast and package coffee locally here in Australia as well as import a premium finished coffee product from Europe.

Cin7's ability to produce a customised system has allowed both business units to seamlessly integrate with Xero.

Our production module within Cin7 allows us to accurately record raw materials and WIP so as to correctly transfer our stock position into Xero. Additionally, the BOM module really supports our customised selling strategy by allowing us to take different products to make up a customer specific final package. There are numerous benefits of this module which include detailed packing slips to ensure accurate picking, summarised invoices so that the customer receives a neatly finished invoice and very importantly, accurate costings.

Cin7's foreign currency and freight allocation capabilities has also allowed our imported products to be accurately record in Xero.

On the front end, our B2B module built by Cin7 has resulted in efficient order taking that integrates into Xero with the push of the data transfer function. This is extremely efficient during the bank reconciliation process.

The main area for improvement revolve around Cin7's handling of gst free products.We had some teething problems on both the purchase and sales side of things as the majority of our products are gst free. However, by working closely with the Cin7 support team, we have been able to resolve this from both a recording of revenue/purchases and reporting perspective.

I would definitely (and already have) recommend Cin7. A cost effective and efficient customer and inventory management system.

Chris Nikolakopoulos
General Manager
Kaffeina Group Pty Ltd

Chris Nikolakopoulos  

I have been using Xero for almost two years now. When we were looking for an inventory program that was integrated with Xero, CIN7 ticked all the boxes.
The implementation took only 10 weeks and the team at CIN7 were very accommodating and easy to deal with.
It has been 3 months now since we have used CIN7 and the flexibility of being able to log in from where ever in the world is amazing!

I have already recommended CIN7 to several businesses and will continue to do so.

Ragail Rassos
Operations Manager
mysupply pty ltd

Ragail Rassos  

We switched over from Unleashed to Cin7 a few months ago and it has certainly given us more flexibility and order management transparency. The product can be customized for our individual needs and sales channels which has been a big help as we added eCommerce and multi-currency. Also the integration with Xero is further along than others we considered and used in the past. We are pleased with our decision and look forward to working with the development team as more tools and robust reporting become available.

Wendy Wixon
Business Manager
Canterbury of New Zealand, North America

Wendy Wixon  

We moved to Cin7 a couple of years ago and are happy overall.

There were some teething problems for some time where (i think) the developers were adding in new functionality and not fully testing it, this sometimes still happens.

That said we have a great relationship with the guys and they always try to accomodate our needs - some specific to our own business needs, some that are for the greater good of Cin7.

The quote module works well and Smart buyer for raising purchase orders.
Converting quotes to orders is easy and the contact log is really helpful in centralising communication with customers.

The product module is good but could do with some extra or different columns to better understand the current stock situation but this can be worked out by using the information thats there.

Multi currency management is good and managing the overseas currency fluctuations works well.

Xero integration is really tight and easy to use - contacts, debtors, creditors etc plus the feature to customise account codes for specific products.

We also use the product module to manage the products that show on our website, including certain products that are available to buy online or not.

Our website design looks good in comparison to a lot of other websites but we require mobile friendly which is not currently available, plus the online store is not as powerful as say Shopify. In hindsight we would recommend different solution for the website but other than that we are happy with Cin7 and our platform is improving all the time.

Jon Miles
Managing Director
Innerspace Commercial Interiors, Perth WA.

Jon Miles  

A2Z Data Ltd recommends CIN 7 for your Inventory and POS requirements because we believe in the product and the company who developed it.
Software selection is a painful process - with so many products to choose from – how do you choose?
CIN 7 makes it easy for you to quickly see the wonderful benefits of using their system.
Regular live Webcasts reveal the user friendly screens, easy processing and great reports that are available.
At a great price - you get the full system and simply turn on the features you want.
This gorgeous system ticks all the boxes as the pinnacle of “Cloud” processing.
• No Installation
• Easy setup
• User friendly
• Seamless integration with accounting system and e-commerce websites
• Not hindered by Internet interruptions
• Great “Help” documentation
• Friendly and timely support
• Outstanding online training
CIN 7 is a great fit for discerning businesses seeking the best solution to meet their needs and budget.
We love the “Light bulb” moment our clients experience when they realise how well CIN 7 delivers their expectations.
You’re onto a winner with such powerful processing and reporting at your fingertips.
Make the right choice the first time and choose CIN 7 for your Inventory and POS system.

Judi Bond CA
A2Z Data Limited

Judi Bond  

Hi Guys,

We have been using Cin7 now for the past 6 months.

For us the advantage with Cin7 was that it was able to connect our wholesale, website and retail stores under one umbrella and then snyc with xero. This allowed us to save a lot of time
and money.

Cin7 positive features.

*User friendly interface which means our team were a lot more receptive to embracing it.
*The ability to use Ipads for point of sale in our retail stores.
*The ability to use scanners and tablets for picking orders in our warehouse.
*Daily support from the Cin7 team when features need adapting/issues arise.
*Easy bulk style importing process. (dream compared to other systems we've used)
*Constant development and improvement.
*Flexibility to change and update certain features.

Over all we are happy with this product and would definitely recommend it!

Emma Bidois
Summer Supply Ltd
Importer of havaianas nz.

Emma Bidois  

We have been using Xero for a year and a few months ago integrated Cin7. It has made our PO and inventory process much better. The link between the two software programs works very well. I have used the help link with great success and Cin7 has been very prompt and helpful with any questions and set up.

Kandy Sauer
Copeland Supply Co., LLC

Kandy Sauer  

We've been using CIN7 now for 3 months now. The integration, whilst challenging has been backed up by first class customer services and humour even in those head banging desk moments! The program has allowed me to cut staffing costs by circa 30% and allowed me to manage the company from the beach, mountains and office as opposed to the constant badgering of staff for information office to office. The start of our relationship with CIN7 has been great and we look forward to continued development of the program as we expand as a business globally.

Pete Hunt

Peter Hunt  

I was one of the very first customers for the Cin7 system. I have enjoyed using it for the past seven years. Although my business was not their target market the system was so flexible the Cin7 team went out of their way to make it work for my photography, modelling and fashion show business.

The CRM has been a great success to my company. Its user friendly and fast.

Amanda Bransgrove

Amanda Bransgrove  

I have been using and working with CIN7 now for around 2 years, have a customizable system in both CRM and ERP is truly invaluable.

Also being able to have multiple currencies and also languages, as we are a Apparel and Accessories company based in China means it makes our lives very easy working with our factories here and our customers around the world.

Being a cloud based system means I can communicate with my staff and clients with accurate information on production schedules, pricing and shipping in real time. Without this things use to take twice as long as shuffling through 100 spreadsheets when on the run was defiantly not ideal.

The support staff are always pleasant to deal with and efficient in sorting any problems that have arisen or adding what we need to the system as our needs and business change.

We have found that working with CIN7 has added a new dimension to our business, in having live data and having and interrogated system between CIN7 & Xero has certainly lowered or operating overheads.

Our over all experience to date with CIN7 has been a positive one and can only speak of them in a high manor.

Jeremy Maclaurin
China Textile Traders

Jeremy Maclaurin  

We have just migrated our accounts to Xero and installed Cin7. A task that seemed a bit daunting but it has run smoothly with the support we have had from the Cin7 team. We now have a much better picture of what is happening within our business right down to a batch level. Being based in Australia we found that the Cin7 team could work well with us remotely.

I am sure that over the next few months Cin7 we will continue to help us understand better ways to run our business more profitably.

Susan Bruce
Poachers Pantry
Hall, Australia

Susan Bruce  

Our experience with Cin7 has been great. They offer great support and flexibility within their system. For growing small businesses Cin7 is a great alternative to enterprise ERP and allows businesses to stay on Xero as they grow.

Brad Golchin  

Cin7 has been very helpful in managing our stock, distribution and sales. Its very user friendly and easy to use, its also comprehensive enough to allow us to move large amount of data easily.

We use cin7 for POS, purchasing, stock keeping, checking stock movement and sales promotion programs, printing everything related to sales/transfer (product barcodes, invoices, delivery order etc).

Stock taking is also very easy with its offline Mobile Stocktake module. Its also very helpful for us that each Branch can have multiple sub-location (some other programs don't have this). So for our warehouse we keep track of the stock by the bin.

We can export/import sales data, product information, and product picture in bulk, and Cin7 also integrates directly with Xero, so that saves a lot of time for the accounting side.

The team there is also very helpful in helping accommodate our company's specific needs in a timely manner. Looking forward for more and more feature from Cin7

Richard Thng  

After a month of getting up and running, with all our products and stock in etc, we couldn't be happier with our new inventory system.

Cin7 is very powerful and cover all aspects our business requires.

As an importer and exporter in both retail and wholesale markets are requirements were somewhat complicated but this was no problem for Cin7. Everything works well and no issues with the multi-currency.

Most importantly, stock management is great. We feel we now have complete control over our stock requirements. One big positive is the tracking of orders, cin7 is smart, and we can very quickly find what order's have yet to be completed and what stage they are at, whether stock is available etc.

Moving from desktop cased system to cloud based has also been a huge bonus. Being able to check on something from anywhere at anytime without going into the office pleasing, and not having to worry about backups is also great.

If we could make one recommendation it would be to get rid of some the excess unused fields (maybe just on a client to client basis), as at various times the interface is a little daunting for some employes. Nevertheless it works as design and we are very happy we went with cin7. If you have a remotely complicated business structure and need a customised solution, Cin7 is probably your best bet as an SME.

Outdoor Concepts

Jane Beveridge  

We are just kicking off, but our decision was at the end of an extensive investigation process, and the ability of this integrated system to work for our retail, on-line, wholesale, international wholesale, distributor and consignment stock needs and feed information through to Xero is a real winner!

campbell junor  

Olivado utilises CIN7 for two entities, NZ and Europe which standalone but are both managed at our Head Office in NZ. Having a cloud based system certainly has advantages for a business operating in at least two different markets, producing and invoicing in both. This obviously has cost advantages as one staff member operates both systems.

We have now had CIN7 in place for nearly 18 months and we have undertaken significant customisation for our purposes. We are now entering a stage where we want to expand our production planning and materials purchasing planning and we expect CIN7 will assist with customising these features/ reports as we have with other areas.

All in all the system works well for Olivado and we anticipate another 12 months of refining our processes and CIN7 set up for our requirements will result in a very useful, time saving tool for our operations

Jason Vokes  

CIN7 has been fantastic for our company as it is highly customisable.
We have been able to specify numerous add ons and merchandising tools to meet our exact needs. The mobile stocktake app is highly recommended. With our stock stored in three separate locations we have the ability to compile numerous stocktake figures which easily reconcile into one adjusted inventory list. With everything syncing with Xero, it makes our accounting so much easier.

Kirsty McMorron  

Previously, I never had the time to comment on posts like these. Since implementing Xero and Cin7, I now can.

We are a small design and manufacturing company. We make great products and up until Jan of this year controlled production, sales with complex custom labeled spreadsheets. These made perfect sense when we created them, but became confusing within a week. Add Sage accounts to the mix and things fell apart.

We knew there must be a better way - We investigated accounts packages with manufacturing capabilities. The truth - one company couldn’t do it all, but two with apps perfectly synchronized could. Xero, a simple accounts package paired with a killer inventory system was the way to go. We looked at Unleashed and delved deeper. we found it wasn’t flexible enough for us. We then looked at CIN7 and started trialing.

The guys at CIN7 where incredibly helpful, they freely gave insight on how to handle an array of different scenarios, some of which we hadn’t even considered. We where sold.

Switching any system takes an incredible amount of time, labor and money. To save costs we naturally considered implementation in house. We didn’t get very far and within a week we where looking for consultant’s. We just didn’t have the skillset and our time was best spent designing products. It’s what we do best.

We spoke to three Xero consultants and picked Maree from maxama.co.uk. She did an absolutely terrific job, all within ten days. It was money well spent. Pick a good consultant and you wont regret it.

Today, the sales team can confidently sell knowing it is actually in stock. Current Production is visible to all so keeping on top of backorders is easy. The Cin7 API syncs inventory stock levels, pricing, and description every 60 seconds, so our website is always up to date. Web orders are also automatically pushed directly into CIN7 making selling and shipping a breeze. All orders are synced to Xero, so reconciling is incredibly quick. My partner (also our bookkeeper) has managed to cut her hours from 72 per week, to 23. She’s now part time and able to focus on the more important aspect of our company. Like credit control. For me, I’m now able to design new products; that’s the bit I love. And of course this generates additional income. I can easily measure the performance of our business anytime, anywhere.

Andy Subratie
United Kingdom

Andy Subratie  

We are based in the UK and are in the process of implementing Cin7 for inventory and POS. We had previously used Sage Line 200/Sage paypoint but it was not set up correctly by the Sage reseller (major bugs in the system) and Sage themselves refused to put it right.

We spent 12 months searching the world for an new system - literally - and trialled several before we came across Cin7. It was the only one we found that had a comprehensive inventory system suitable for importers combined with POS which was simple to operate(due to the ability to customise it) and was a reasonable price.

Implementing the inventory part was fairly simple, but the POS has taken longer as there have been errors which their developers have had to correct. The production manager at Cin7 - David Choy has been excellent and always replies to my emails the same day.

I shall be rating it as 4 stars as we have not fully implemented the system yet so cannot comment on the integration with Xero.

Brenda Foster  

We have implemented CIN7 for a large retail business, which supplies various items, including clothing, accessories, home wares and stationary. This business has permanent stores, but also runs casual popup stores, so at any time they have between 15-20 outlets, CIN7 is a great solution for their business, and we would happily recommend CIN7 to any business looking for a solid inventory management solution.

Xero Subscription Support  

Cin7 is a great an robust system. The new interface looks really clean and clear and it is extremely intuitive to use.

While it is simple and clear on the "outside", the functionality "under the bonnet" is extensive and what makes Cin7 different from the rest is the customization that is availab.
No other app in the Xero marketplace offers tailored customisation as Cin7 does.

It is a very powerful tool and the value / cost is impressive.
Moreover, the product is always evolving and the team at Cin7 are always implementing user requests and implementing new changes very rapidly.

I can strongly recommend it.

Enrico Ziglio  

We got Cin7 on board 9 months ago, it was quite slow to get the process started, but we got there at the end. We are dealing quite a lot with purchasing from overseas and distribution of the goods for various projects. One of the things that Cin7 helped us to achieve was
* Cut admin time per pick
* Greater accuracy by having automated stock in and out
* Less paper work - one Sales order become a picking and packing list-> becomes an invoice
* Less duplication for the same reason mention above
* Visibility of the stock movements and orders processing
* The stock valuation is a lot more accurate than we ever had
It also gave us a chance to better forecast, now we actually have a clear report that will tell us what sells and what does not.
We have looked at other programmes when we decided to pick Cin7. We recognised Cin7 potential in developing new features and opportunity to integrate with other programmes and we already see progress.
We would have liked to see more initial setup from Cin7 at the beginning, I think maybe there should be standard check list of the requirements that company has, for example GST number on the invoices and company address.

kathy smith  

I have implemented CIN 7 for two entities in the US and plan to add another entity next week. Before starting this process our team evaluated two other products, Unleashed and Trade Gecko. CIN 7 is far superior in it's reporting functionality and customization.

I had a positive experience with my implementation consultant despite the time difference between NZ and the US. She was very responsive and supportive which was important since the implementation services were critical to configuring our account to meet our business needs.

Key process improvements using CIN 7:

Production scheduling
Accuracy and completeness of outstanding orders
Smart buying
Efficiency through Xero connection

Michelle Fortunato  

I have been searching for months different POS / Inventory Management / CRM products. I was resigned to the fact that I was going to have to either get a couple of different systems or simply go without certain features my business needed. Then came along Cin7. I now have a system that can be 100% configured to handle my business' Inventory Management + POS + CRM requirements. Not to mention the 'Parts Assembly' capabilities. As I said to one of my staff members…"I love Cin7"!!!

James Osborn  

We have been using CIN7 for a year now and it is amazing. It offers us all the features we need as well as the seamless integration to Xero.

I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud based solution for their business.

5 Stars :D

Kyle Giliam

Kyle Giliam  

We had a very short amount of time to implement CIN7 and Xero for our business and the assistance we got from the guys at CIN7 was amazing. I can't recommend them highly enough.

Ant Elliott
Burke Marine

Burke Marine  

CIN7 has been the only inventory system to allow me to track my products to the right charts of accounts, allowing my business to have a more clear view of our product accounts.

Thanks CIN7 Team for your support!

Javier Calzada
El Cielo Foods

Javier Calzada  

The CIN7 team is ultra responsive and committed to refining a fully customized system. It is a huge asset to have a team like that! Highly recommended!

Black Dove Manufacturing

Evan Sugerman  

We started out as a very small company over a decade ago with one office member, a director, chemist and a warehouse worker and have graduated to a medium size business with 3 office staff, a director, chemist, 4 warehouse staff, a delivery driver and a GM based in another state.

We are a manufacturer and distributor of building products and in the beginning our basic accounting and invoicing system along with an excel based production program sufficed but over the last couple of years as we have steadily grown this system was no longer practical and was actually costing us productivity and patience.

Looking into a better system, it seemed that most that met our requirements of being effective as a multi-user program and also tying in inventory and manufacturing held all the answers with an extremely big price tag and from feedback sometimes even bigger problems. We finally came across CIN7 and Xero and have not looked back since.

From the very beginning all the staff that we have dealt with at CIN7 have been friendly and professional and listened with open ears as to what exactly we wanted and needed from a new system. They understood we were also wrapping our heads around tying in two old systems to create one new coefficient system of accounting, inventory and manufacturing. With plenty of communication and thought, CIN7 provided us with the system we are now using today. We have only been actively using our new system for the last couple of months but we had been setting up this system with CIN7 since the end of last year. Both CIN7 and ourselves were in agreement that the more preparation involved in setting up the system, the easier the transition with the most benefit to be gained.

CIN7 along with Xero has been the best move forward for our business and it’s nice to know that we can ask ongoing questions about ‘can we do this?’ or ‘how does this work?’ and CIN7 are happy to respond and it’s always in a timely manner. We also know that there is plenty of room to expand the system in the future for example, if we decide to use a POS system through our website.

Finally, we have been knocked out with the responsiveness and keenness to assist even after the system was installed and paid for and cannot speak highly enough of CIN7 and their staff.

Kylie Draper  

I have been involved with inventory for many years across a wide range of national and internal corporations. During that time colleagues and I have mused "If only it could do this...or why does it do it this way, making us "slaves to the system". I haven't stopped smiling or laughing since I first saw Cin7. It's abundantly clear that people who really know the operational needs of a business have been involved in the creation of Cin7. It is written in layman's language with flow and uniformity of structure. The liberation from "enslvement to the system" to the "system serving us" is so empowering, so exciting and so future focused on creating winning businesses.

Mark Holman MBA (Dist), PGDpMgtSt

Mark Holman  

Our company is new to the area of importing and the sales of goods. We have taken the approach to implement an inventory management system from day 1. We can see that where our business is headed in the future Cin7 will be able to incorporate everything we need.

As we are new to the industry our sales and purchasing structure has been simple to setup in Cin7 as we currently have limited products and suppliers. Cin7 has provided us a great base structure to run our supply and orders from and although at our current size we only use limited features that Cin7 offers we can see huge benefits in working with Cin7 to setup a system best suited for our company as we go through various development phases.

We highly recommend this system and as we have done recommend other companies implementing the system in the early days of trading as it provides a great platform to develop from.

Charles Dickie
Dickie Direct

Charles Dickie  

Earlier in the year we wanted to make the transition away from MYOB across to a more intelligent, easier to use, feature rich product and were being directed (by our accountant) towards Xero. This of course needed a 3rd party inventory management system.

Going through the trial process of each of the companies it was quite clear that no one product was going to answer 100% of my needs (as seemingly simple as they were). Things like settlement discounts, GST flags per product on an invoice etc, seemed simple to me, but alas not.

I gave up fairly quickly on most other systems, but Cin7, although having a higher implementation cost, fit most of my needs and offered customization to fill most of the gaps. In fact, the only gap I can think of right now is the 3% early settlement discount which until Xero help facilitate the term/receipting process, Cin7 even have their hands tied.

Imho (as I have an IT background) I do believe Xero, and its partners are all going through a rapid development process and are scrambling to keep up with the needs of the masses. I have found Cin7 to be very responsive in my project, and very understanding of our business needs for which they try their best to accommodate. Cin7 met my expectation of project delivery and implementation for the costs incurred.

This isn't the cheapest inventory management solution on offer, however we now have a tight fit solution with many time saving, data accuracy, and better inventory control that we have ever had - combining which has easily positively returned on our investment.

Overall, we are very happy with our investment in Cin7 / Xero.

Adam Ransley  

Since flipping their business model in July '14 from full bespoke to "guided" implementation we've had a great takeup of Cin7.
By enabling us as Xero Add-on Implementation specialists to get involved in the onboarding and setup process we've been able to help clients onboard promptly with all the change management they need.
We've found Cin7 to be a great product for clients with more of the "complex" inventory requirements such as serial and batch tracking, custom fields and full custom pricing.

If you manage any kind of production or have retail with a high amount of make to order sales Cin7 is the best option in the Xero marketplace to date.
It is a much bigger and more complex product than what has previously been available on the Xero marketplace and for that reason I would highly recommend using their implementation partners.

Support only working NZ time can be a bit painful at times but if you're working with an implementation partner you wont be going direct during the implementation anyway.

Daniel Farthing  

Cin 7 really came to the table for our clients. Needing a unique solution to add value to their industry, Cin 7 gave a relatable and customised demo, show casing the ability of the product. This really blew our guys away and they are excited for the business future that lies ahead. - Anita Hayhoe, Sidekick Chartered Accountants

Anita Hayhoe  

Here at Centrevision we had installed and deployed the opposition product and after three months have decided to start again. After searching for suitable Inventory Management Products we chose to go with Xero and Cin7.
After Investigating, Trialling and now Deploying Cin7 over the past month, we believe that we have chosen the best product available for our Business. Centrevision are Importers, distributing CCTV Security Equipment throughout Australia and the Pacific Rim and we have found that Cin7 with its speed and user friendly platform, our staff have no problems using Cin7.
We now have a much better picture of what is happening within our business right down to the individual stock counts with full serial tracking.
I am sure that over the next few months Cin7 will continue to help us understand better ways to run our business more profitably, as we are based in Australia we also found that the Cin7 team could work well with us remotely.

Rod McKenna - Operations Manager
Ran Liderman - Director

Centrevision, Melbourne Australia

Rod McKenna  

Cin7 is a great product. We find the Xero integration very stable and does a great job for our clients.

As it is with all the add-ons, they can't be all things to all businesses. That's why we're always careful and detailed in our scoping of business needs before implementing.

Our clients using Cin7 love it and we find the support team are great to work with.

Kris Hofer  

I highly recommend CIN7. Great product and wonderful support team.

Cin7 are responsive and always willing to assist to ensure a high level of client satisfaction.

Diana Siddall  

We also started using Cin7 in August 2014 and have been really impressed with the system so far & the support provided. We've previously used Unleashed and it was simply a disaster. The Cin7 team have been really helpful during the set up phase and have been incredibly responsive with their ongoing support. Our mobile staff use CIN7 easily on their tablets with ease, providing them all the information without having the need to contact the office for support.

Tristan Roberts  

We started using Cin7 in October 2014. The team at Cin7 have been really pro-active and helpful in getting us setup. As with any switch it wasn't seamless but being able to send a list of issues at the end of the day and come back in the morning with it resolved is brilliant. The the improvement to our workflow and data is exactly what we were looking for.

Jon Doyle  

We moved to Cin7 in October from Quickbooks. We needed a solution that was flexible enough to cover every aspect of our business: Retail (POS), wholesale, support multiple branches and with a solid solution for managing landed costs / customs calculations. So far Cin7 has really delivered – providing accurate data and (in conjunction with Xero) saving me up to 80% of the time I used to spend on Quickbooks.

That being said, and as a lot of comments on here purport, it is not really a plug-and-play solution. There is quite a bit of set-up involved and customisation from the Cin7 team is required to really get the best out of the system. Thankfully, the Cin7 team are ultra-responsive and extremely helpful.

It must be said that it is still a relatively new system, and as such, I have found a number of bugs. More in-depth testing would have caught a number of these. However, I understand that the flexible nature and wide array of different types of organisations using the system, makes it difficult to do so. Everything I have found has been, or is being fixed in a timely fashion.

Transferring to Cin7 has been one of the best decisions I have made so far. There is nothing out there that remotely matches the functionality that Cin7 delivers.

Jason Robinson  

This is a review based on using Cin7 for apparel/fashion based products. I had been looking for a replacement for a highly developed in house software system and had not been able to find anything that could handle style/colour and sizes involved with apparel or for that matter most fashion products. My first evaluation gave me a glimpse of an extremely versatile piece of software but because of my attachment and familiarity to our existing system could not see the benefits of what Cin7 had to offer.
After 6 months I discovered Cin7 was available as a monthly subscription that represented excellent value for what was on offer so decided to have another look at it with a more open mind. WOW. What I discovered was an extremely well developed and powerful program that had a lot to offer anyone in the fashion business or for that matter any business. It also developed enough to accommodate the growth of your business up to a larger scale.

From the apparel perspective we not only manufacture but also have retail which most software systems struggle to deal with. Cin7 manages this very well.
I have only scratched the surface of the program and based on my initial use of Cin7 can only say how much I underestimated its capabilities.
The support to date has been excellent especially with getting set up.
The user interface once you have learnt the basics is very easy to get to grips with as there is a pattern that follows through on most of the main templates that are used.
Based on my experience with Cin7 I would recommend getting some initial training to gain a better understanding of what the system can do for you because setting it up in the beginning to meet your requirements will reward you with a software package that will help getting your team on board as well as provide you with a valuable reporting system.
Another benefit is because it is cloud based you can utilise it from anywhere you have an internet connection which has allowed me to operate from anywhere I happen to be.
My background is 40 years in the clothing industry both as a manufacturing wholesaler and a retailer with 20 years of developing a bespoke software system for our business.

John Heskett  

its a good system, it took a while to tease out issues and set it up to fit our needs - but it was worth it- still tweaking it now, but has made our systems more efficient

Emily Nash  

Firstly, I have to say that Im very very happy with Cin7 Online Inventory and POS.
I have been struggling over the last couple of years with the likes of Unleashed....with the lack of customization and major shortfalls in functionality....typical to all of the 'out-of-the-box' systems out there. Then I discovered Cin7 and now feel that our business has a good easy to use system, that is properly set up for our needs.

The major benefit I feel is that Cin7 offers not just online inventory, invoicing, etc, but also a Point Of Sale facility, all in the same package. The POS works in seamlessly with inventory tracking, sales reporting, etc. We are running the POS system on a dedicated touchscreen POS terminal, and on a standard PC - both working very well in the front end of our business. We use the Cin7 POS with a barcode scanner at our front counter, and it works brilliantly. In the back office, we use the backend of Cin7 to generate all our invoices, picking slips, and shipping labels for all outgoing orders. We also use Cin7 to generate barcode labels for all of our products, which are printed directly from the Cin7 platform, without the need for any additional software.

The customizing work and configuration setup did take some time to get correct, with many emails back and forth to a dedicated person at Cin7 assigned to setting up our account. The process was made relatively simple due to just the one person at Cin7 being responsible. Reply times were always quick, and any changes usually carried out within 24 hours. There were some costs involved in all the custom work...perhaps sometimes a little bit on the steep side....but the results are definitely worth it.

The document templates for invoices, picking slips and shipping labels can all be fully customized to look exactly the way you want. At the moment, Cin7 personnel have to make all these changes, which at times can be a little bit frustrating since even small changes like changing a font size, or moving a column by a few millimetres will require you to first explain to them what is is you want changed, for them to then make the changes for you. But I believe that they have some update in the pipeline to enable the users to develop their own document templates, to be more inline with how Xero works (and even Unleashed). Im very much looking forward to this update.

The whole system is well thought out and well designed.....and Im a very happy customer!

Janne Nilsson  

Cin7 and Xero are very good. They make our business easier to operate, and I cant recommend them enough.I would go as far as to say, they (Cin7) the most comprehensive Inventory Mgt product for Import based businesses, working with Xero

We tried the others in the Add-on directory, even tried other inventory mgt products in production with a new subsidiary of the business, but then found that it didnt cut the mustard and we went all Cin7.

I found that I needed something to make my business easier to operate - Cin7 delivers this, and makes Xero into a better accounting solution as well as a result.

Mike I  

Learning new systems is always quite daunting but the transition has been surprisingly easy.
Any initial teething problems we have had were always dealt with quickly and efficiently.

We are so happy with CIN7 and Xero that we are moving our larger company over too!

Kirsten 1895  

Viking Kayaks NZ have purchased Viking Kayaks Australia - and with the use of Xero and Cin7, we are basically running an Australian business by remote control, with all of the admin being run from New Zealand.

We couldn't have done it without CIN7.

One Factory in Mooloolaba, a retail store in Warana, and another Retail Store in Brisbane. Quite a complex setting, however CIN7 has handled it well.

Serial Trace-ability is one of the key elements we have utilised in tracking where the stock is and when the unique kayaks are made, moved to a new location and also sold.

The POS System works great also. We have not yet implemented the Barcode scanners, but that would make the process even easier and that will be done shortly.

Great System, that ticks all of the boxes.

Andrew Taylor  

Patriot Campers have been using Cin7 for approximately 6 months. We are so happy using Cin7 and xero together and they integrate together quickly and without any hassles.

If we have had any teething issues Cin7 have dealt with these in the most efficient way.

Without Cin7 we would not be able to run our stock system as efficiently as we are now.

Nikki Huke  

Cin7 is one great program. My company has been manufacturing jewelry for over 20 years and in the past used bulky and over-featured, complex MPRs/INV control programs. Way too much trouble.
The thing that has been great about Cin7 is that it is easy to learn and use but it has the ability to grow in complexity as your needs get more sophisticated. The team at Cin7 was well-versed in what we needed for pulling out the right info for us at the right time.
It was great to have a process that got more straightforward as time went on.
On top of it all, they've been great to work with, very responsive.
But the best feature is how orders get downloaded from Shopify right into Cin7 and then Xero gets updated and it all turns into a nicely functioning closed loop.

Lisa Jenks  

My review of Cin7 is based on our attempted onboarding with them.

We have used TradeGecko for the last year. We run a consignment hybrid model.

My initial conversations with Cin7 (prior to paying) left me feeling very confident that we had found the "complete solution" for what we needed. It was going to be well over double the cost, but the communicated benefits for a growing company like us seemed to justify the cost.

We paid for the first month and began the onboarding process. (there is no real free trial, only the ability to play around in their demo system) Here is our experience prior to calling off the entire process.

The Good:
-Powerful and robust system
-plenty of experience in our chosen arena
-dedicated person to import your infrmation

The Bad:
-Dependent on person overseas to do your imports
-Their import tables require a lot of data manipulation
-entire onboarding process is up to you, they do not handle your data other than to import it for use
-Help sections are lacking. They are VERY basic; not thorough at all
-User CP is somewhat dated.
-B2B portal is confusing to modify and use

In short, we couldn't afford the enormous investment of time it required of us. I expected that there would be someone there to help us make the transition, in our minds, to the new workflows etc. I had many skype chats attempting to understand this however when I asked for a call and a complete walk through via phone/video chat, I was told that I could pay an hourly fee to have someone help me, but that it wasn't included.

In short, I expect that my business is valuable enough to elicit some serious support. I felt very much like they were more interested in my money than they were in my satisfaction.

Bruce Brown  

I have to agree with Bruce.

This system is very robust, but the time involved in getting this system in place is immense. Despite the team on the Cin7 backend to help you implement this system, you will still be lost overall trying to figure out the ins and outs, unless you've been in the logistics business.

Our use case was as a furniture retail store and design studio. We are boutique, so we only stock about 10% of the products we use, and order everything else. We needed a quick way to price out thousands of pieces and on multiple rates for trade, design clientele, and retail customers. Cin7 nailed this aspect, but it took a month of back and forth during the new year to get this situated. I guarantee you'll be talking to support to ensure your sales orders are selecting the proper rates. And the POS system is definitely no dream. There is really no way around this. Between log-ins and log-outs it was ultimately easier to just create a sales order in the admin side.

If you're used to XERO's fluidity and ease, don't expect the same in Cin7. The help docs seem straightforward to the support team, but they're pretty much useless and you should expect many hours learning where things are going. It is definitely based in Windows compared to a Mac environment, which can turn your team off immediately when you need to teach them all the necessary functions.

On the accounting side, this is where I hoped the system would shine in automating purchase orders and sales orders. There is definitely an uneasy feeling when you need to export and import this information back into XERO. You will definitely get the feeling XERO and Cin7 are only marginally synced together.

If you're working on the West Coast, don't expect much Skype help until late in the day (4-5pm) because of the time difference. If you're on the fence about the $225 per month as well, know that costs will escalate to $250-300 per month with any communication with support.

Now that XERO has introduced their own inventory system, I think our small business will migrate back until something US-based stands out or Cin7 finally opens their US offices.

Ryan Mahoney  

I switched over to Xero a few years ago after using MYOB for many years and would never consider going back. I own a clothing manufacturing company and Xero handled everything efficiently with the exception of the inventory system. After many months of researching the add on systems I could not go past Cin7. It was the only system I could find that would handle our manufacturing process right through to the POS. Like all new systems it took some time to set up and understand all the processes but the support from the Cin7 team was fantastic and very efficient. The fact that Cin7 is not rigid and can be customised in some areas makes it a very workable system. We are now able to get accurate costings of our products and the ease with which it integrates with Xero is a great feature. Even though we have still not finished setting up everything we can already see the benefits of using Cin7.

Gail Everett  

We have been using Cin7 since April 2013 and it was certainly a significant improvement on the manual systems that were in place prior to implementing this solution. As a reasonably small but complex business operation, Cin7 provides the level of integrated functionality required for both the manufacturing and sales sides of our business.

The solution required some company specific customisations to address some of our brewery operations which on the whole, has been good, although getting support to ‘fix’ any issues and undertake further development has been a challenge due to limited knowledge transfer and understanding of these customisations. More recently we have seen an improvement in the general support of the system and priority in addressing our most urgent requirements.

We initially struggled with the lack of any training or process documentation which resulted in our team lacking the confidence and knowledge to use the system as designed. As a result, we dedicated a resource to capture and publish our own System Procedures Manual with (process and functional flows plus supporting screen shots for system navigation). In addition, we did not have a separate training or test environment which further impeding the ability to gain an thorough understanding of how the system works. The good news is we have a commitment from Cin7 that this will be addressed going forward and assist with both existing and new users of this solution.

We are happy with the integration to Xero and it works well to meet the business needs.

Wendy Sawyer - McCashin's Brewery, Nelson

Anne Lawson  

We are in the consumer products business distributed through the US in specialty retail, department stores, independent retailers, spas and resorts and through our own ecommerce platform. Simply said, without Cin7 we wouldn't be able to use Xero. We extensively searched through all of the solutions on the market and none of them were able to offer all of the functionality that was so important to us, including build of materials, multiple warehouses, tracking of warehouse bin locations and tracking of lot numbers and expiration dates (which is very important to us as we manufacture sunscreen products, which are governed by the FDA. Cin7 has been able to integrate with WooCommerce and Xero and we have gone beyond that through the use of the robust API. They have also been very patient and attentive in helping us implement the system and deal with issues as they arise.

Stephen Emery  

We are a wholesale apparel and accessories business set up in the Australian market. We were originally looking for a system to step up from MYOB with but had limited capital to move into one of the larger systems. After many months of researching and demos we made the decision to go with CIN7 / Xero combo.

From the get go we have been extremely happy with how this setup has worked for us. We were up and running within a few days due to the ease of migration and the on hand support we had from CIN7 when anything did pop up.

I have used many systems in the past and to be honest they all have their issues and difficulties. The thing we have loved about working with the CIN7 team is their availability to help resolve any issues or implement system changes specific to our needs.

We recently merged our business with another company and the setup of inventory / customers / orders and accounts in CIN7 / Xero was completed in less than a day which meant we were back to business the next day!

We are very happy with what CIN7 offers as a whole and the support we have had from their team.

Thanks CIN7!

Stem Distribution - Sydney Australia

Layton Thomson  

We are very new in implementing the Cin7 platform so still early days. We are also brand new to xero in this new financial year.

Running several Battery Stores in the NT we needed something to integrate the inventory. Melding the three stores old MYOB data together has been 'interesting' to say the least seeing that the old data was not the best with double ups of barcodes etc because our previous system did not communicate to the others. Cin7 have helped us greatly with this.

Now, we have all the data linked, we are becoming more congruent each day.

There is a lot to learn, but I will say this. Cin7's customer service has been outstanding. Shyam gets onto things straight away and has helped us each step of the way, thanks to Skype calls etc.

What I like about Cin7 is that the system is evolving and changing to suit the needs of customers. I am giving four stars for now and will most likely upgrade this to 5 in a few weeks when we have been operating for while!

Well done guys.

Kelly Farrell - Outback Batteries NT Australia

Kelly Farrell  

We are very happy with out CIN7 system, were already using Xero so was just a matter of changing from our previous inventory system which we didn't like to CIN7. Thanks Daniel J for helping us with this.

Juliette - Play'n'Learn

Juliette Hart  

We design and produce custom high-end women's garments - as such we needed a system that would work with our unique production processes, and create a solid platform for our large product range - something that could grow with the brand, that could be flexible and adaptable, and make inventory and stock control a breeze.

So far CIN7 has proven to be everything it has set out to be, and we are so glad we went with this system. Although daunting and rather time-consuming at first, we have found CIN7 easy to work with and set up - even though our processes are not as straightforward as many other fashion retailers.

The customer support has been fantastic - thank you Sam C for all your help and guidance. I would definitely recommend CIN7 in future.

Jessica - Karen Gee Pty Ltd

Jessica La Grange  

I sell tools and consumables to farmers and contractors from a showroom truck. CIN7 so far works great with what i am doing. Being able to make sales when i am out of 3g coverage is great.
The support from the CIN7 team is fantastic. They where very helpful throughout the whole set up process. I am always finding great new features within CIN7

I highly recommend CIN7

Lachlan Mackie  

I can honestly say that CIN7 is the best out of the box XERO compatible inventory, CRM and sales solution available.

We are a Truck Parts importer and supplier requiring inventory software that can be customised to suit our business model and day to day needs.

Cin7 has provided us with much faster parts lookup, invoicing and inventory management. Foreign purchasing and product bill of materials (BOM) and numerous other tasks are now simple.

We were using a competitors XERO compatible inventory system. This system does not even come close to the performance and features of CIN7.

When searching for an alternative software solution we compared both XERO and stand alone, ranging in price from $100 per month to $100000 just to install and setup. We found CIN7 provided nearly all the same features as the big budget applications “straight out of the box”.

During initial testing we found CIN7 offered 90% of the features we needed. Since then the developers at CIN7 have been fantastic and customised the application giving us almost 100%.

One of the best things we found with CIN7 is that you are appointed a project manager for a month, getting you up and running fast with ease. This service was great as we initially had concerns, regarding a smooth transition from one application to another.

Our biggest regret is that we didn’t start using CIN7 earlier.

Craig Coulton  

We were looking for new software for my company, and were recommended that I should look at Cin7.
That recommendation changed the way we operate, control stock, suppliers and customers.
We have a midsized manufacturing and online company with over 80 distributors and about 3000 products.
We have complicated BOMs with labour content that need to be linked across two clients and be able to have my web sites pull APIs for product pricing.
We made a lot of changes to the layouts of many of the forms, CIN7 staff were great in the way it was done, and the speed it was achieved in.
The software interface is easy to train staff and very forgiving.
The handshake between CIN7 and Xero Partner is seamless.
We would recommend CIN7 to any big or small business.
We are looking forward to the challengers as our business grows knowing that CIN7 and their staff (Jeff/Shyam Thanks guys) are there to help.
Evan Wilson
Rakavan Pty Ltd

Mark Sykes  

Works perfectly!
Connects to Xero on every level to allow proper separation and processes between our accounting staff and sales operations teams without any manual entry.

Cin7 has a solution for UOM that you will not find anywhere else.
Great Support and other integrations.

Give them a shot and take the necessary time to set it up well on the front end and you will not be disappointed.

Only challenge is they are on different time zones and US customers are found waiting at times.

Rob Callaham  

We have a researched a number of different types of stock control add-ons with a Bill of Materials component as well as foreign currency. What we initially chose, unfortunately did not met our expectations and became a labour intensive and costly exercise.

We went looking for another application and Cin7 was perfect for our requirements, connecting perfectly with Xero as well as our online store, and CRM program.

The NZ service is exceptional, we have never had trouble getting a response (usually no longer than 24 hours). The support staff were helpful throughout every step of our implementation and still are even after a couple of months of use. Thanks Rick you are wonderful!

Whilst this application is for clothing manufacturing it has the flexibility to work perfectly for our coffee roasting business.

We would recommend Cin7 to any business small, medium or large in the future!

Louise Clark
Financial Controller

Louise Clark  

We have been using Cin 7 for 5 months now and it has revolutionised our business.

It integrates brilliantly with Xero and has saved us an enormous amount of labour, and therefore money!

The support is brilliant, not only whilst setting up our Company account, but has continued without any less attention throughout the following months. The technicians are extremely helpful, incredibly knowledgable and most important - patient!

We would highly recommend anyone looking for a fantastic inventory management program, particularly in the fashion industry.

Kendall Casey
General Manager

Kendall Casey  

CIN7 is the best inventory system in it class that i have used.
connects well with Xero and has alot of enterprise features.
i take my hat off to the support and integrations team they have been fantastic!!!
Highly recommended.

kamal Sarroff  

After an exhaustive search we decided to go with CIN7 given it was the best out of the box system that could meet all our needs - Inventory Management/B2B/Shopify and Xero and POS integration. We made the right decision as the CIN7 team have supported us to implement an integrated system tailored to meet our business needs.

The training materials are excellent and easy to follow. Our people are confident in using the CIN7 system and we are right on top of our inventory which was not the case pre CIN7.

The B2B component is exciting and we are looking to further develop our B2B site to maximise this channel.

I recommend CIN7 to any business involved in both wholesale and retail.

Andrew Boag
Model Behaviour Group

Andrew Boag  

Cin7 is a bit of an all-encompassing beast, and covers most angles that any SME (and larger) will likely require. The integration with Xero is a neat trick; works like a dream. The learning curve on Cin7 is longer than, say, TradeGecko, but is still pretty intuitive. The guys in support know what they are doing and keen to help. The only thing to be improved is the support hours; great if you're in NZ, not so great if you're in another time zone. Once they come up with that, they'll have all the bases covered.

Paul Fitzgerald  

Cin7 is a great tool for our electronics manufacturing business, I can see the not-too-distant future for Cin7, when the developers realise that it is much more than a clothing industry specific application. It has a lot of potential, that more and more people will come to appreciate. There are a lot of things that Cin7 does very well, and the ability to link it with a Shopify site is a welcome bonus. The production systems and inventory control are a great fit for our business, and allow us to accurately control product assembly and logistics.

A good label printing system, that accepts multiple label types would really round out the application, and make it perfect for any business.

Guy Reynolds  

Pretty good if you are willing to work through the modifications with the developers to make the program work for your company...

Laura Buermann  

@Paul Fitzgerald Thank you for such great feedback.We currently support Hong Kong from 1 am HKT to 2 pm ( Mon to Fri ) and by October / November we'll extend that to 24 hours ( Mon to Fri)

Adi Danthi  

We have recently become an Implementation Partner for CIN7 and have completed one installation, with another two in progress.

Sharol (Sales) has been able to assist with client scoping and any queries or concerns answered promptly. The Dedicated Project Manager assigned upon sign-up is invaluable (thanks Sam and Shyam).

The response time has been excellent and even though they are in NZ and we are in Perth, it has not been a problem at all. Email, phone and Skype support has all been available.

Our clients are all very different, with specific needs. Cin7 has been responsive to these requirements and we have been able to provide a robust, reliable system.

We are very happy to be involved with Cin7 and are confident in recommending it to our clients.

Emma Wilmot

Emma Wilmot  

We have been looking for a inventory and order management platform to run alongside Xero and our website for a long time now and were thrilled to be recommended Cin7 by our accountant.

We have had Cin7 up and running now for a couple of months and couldn't be happier. Our sales team are able to keep realtime track of payments allocated directly to Sales Orders within Cin7 as all payments reconciled in Xero are pulled back into Cin7.

Purchase ordering is now 10 times better with all the order details seamlessly getting pulled from Cin7 into Xero.

We have had a few custom requirements which the Cin7 team have responded to and made for us with out any issue.

We are all looking forward to the new found transparency and data accuracy that we can now achieve through Cin7.

Many thanks from the Team at Jumpflex.

Stephen Tubbs

JumpFlex Limited JumpFlex Limited  

We have looked at a few different accounting systems and finally impressed with the depth of functionality of Cin7 and Xero. It is really fast and easy to use when you are trained. The guys handle the requirements are pretty well and our single point of contact has been very helpful and supportive to customised our needs in particular. We recommend Cin7 and Xero to most businesses who wish to grow.
Rex Armangoo
Sales Manager
Armano Home & Garden Collection

Rex Armangoo  

My name is Tanya and i work for an industrial company.
We previously had our own software system which we stopped using the end of June.
We have since been using Cin7. It has been fantastic. The integration with xero was quite smooth. The Tec support team were fantastic during this process.
Cin7 has given us more capabilities as a company and has allowed me, as a sales manager to drill into our sales more in depth.
Cin7 also has an excellent inventory program.
Converting to Cin7 was the best thing Lifting Victoria could have done.
Regards Tanya

Tanya Smith  

We have been with Cin7 for over two years now and so far the experience has been great. Great software and friendly support staff.

Suzan Whale  

We've recently signed up and gone live with Cin7 and Xero and have so far found the systems great. There is one thing I'd like to mention however - recording back orders in Xero.

A Cin7 pro-forma invoice shows the cartons being charged at the carton rate and then lists the back order in the required field but the Xero invoice only shows what we’ve sent – there is NO record of any products on back order??? I believe this can cause confusion for the customer – especially their accounts payable if they only see the Xero invoice – nothing advising them there are products/items on back order. Can this be fixed easily???

Layne Shepherd  

All in all a very comprehensive and impressive product that highlights some of the great SaaS work that is coming our of New Zealand at present. The inclusion of an assigned Project Manager accessible almost every hour of the business day (NZT) helped make for a seamless integration within our business!

Josh Kempton  

Hi Layne,

Thank you for your 4 star rating, which has made our day :)

In this case, we advice backordering in Cin7 to be done by splitting the Invoice/Purchase and transferring back-ordered items which will give you the outstanding items on a new Sales order with the same order number and alphabetical addition to the back to differentiate.

This backorder Invoice is then sent to your customer and eventually pushed to Xero once it is fulfilled. The option to see outstanding & shipped items on one Invoice is only there on orders not split but partially dispatched. It does however not give you the option to see outstanding qty's/amounts in Xero if you choose to push it through without fully completing prior (you can push those through by putting in an invoice date/number for the partially receipted SO).

Feedback like this really helps us improve our solution and is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Adi Danthi  

For my Inventory clients who need wholesale and or retail & online sales channels, Cin7 is a comprehensive add on to Xero covering all three. Scoping is essential to make sure any application will meet my clients needs and this is done jointly with Cin7’s sales team to get an accurate evaluation. Once the entire project has been considered the account is set up and integrated with Xero, with Cin7 assigning a project manager to help smooth the process along and do any customisation. Working with many add ons, the support offered by the team at Cin7 has been fantastic.

The recent dashboard upgrade has turned this once ugly duckling into a beautiful swan!

Nick Sanderson
Thunder cloud

Nick .  

We went with Cin7 because of its exceptional value and functionality. We were looking for an advanced inventory add-on with quote to sales order flow that would include product images in quotes. Cin7 stood alone in this regard. It is great for inventory control and production flow.

Michael Wilson  

Finally a great product with even better support; Cin7 Is the perfect tool for almost all businesses due to its ease of use. This inventory management system not only includes a Contact manager, but can help with production needs as well. Thank you again for all the help!

Sandra Katan  

Cin7 is fantastic for wine industry. Craig and the team help us move a client to Cin7 seamlessly. Great support. Prompt reply to email and Skype.

Simon Evans  

The service provided by the Cin7 team was outstanding. They made the difficult task of migrating to a new system seamless.It seemed that nothing was too difficult and I am looking forward to the continued relationship!

Gordon Balcomb  

We have just implemented Cin7 for our Manufacturing/Wholesale/Retail business and are finding it very easy to use across the board. The team were very helpful and any questions we had.

Tina Adlam  

After using Cin7 for 6 months, it has been a game changer for our company. Being in the food business, traceability is critical and Cin7 has made this simple. When we were audited a few months ago our auditor was blown away by the system.

You get a great service and they can even make some adjustments just for your company!

Matt Shead  

We're still in the process of "going live" with Cin7.

Overall CIn7 seems to be a very capable solution and the Xero integration was a key part of our decision to try it out. We are still learning it and will withold final judgement for later. However, at present we do have the following notes.

Unfortunately the integration is a little lacking in some respects (in no particular order):
- The line item part numbers do not transfer from Cin7 to the Xero copies of invoices. We need at times to validate all line items and this is a nuisance. The line item descriptions do come across.
- The payment records from Xero do not populate into Cin7 - it's only recorded as a "paid" flag. Having actual payment data feed back to Cin7 into the payment record for the Sales Order would be very useful.
- We are using Xero to send out Invoices at present because CIn7 doesn't have a "bulk" send invoice capability. We instead transfer invoices to Xero and send them all at once vie the Xero interface.

Having noted the above, are we continuing with Cin7? Yes.

Peter Westley  

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your rating and feedback - as ever, this is much appreciated.:)

Your first point is correct, we do not populate codes into Xero, but instead append the SKU to the product name. This saves us having to sync product data to Xero; which could be very impractical with a big product database. We are looking into other ways of doing this.

The second point is also true - we have had other requests for this feature, so it is definitely on our list for consideration for future updates.

It is definitely possible to bulk email from Cin7 though, which is documented here http://help.cin7.com/prod.asp?idWebPage=70305&ID=922&SID=106227493

Hope you find this feature useful.

Thank you,

Adi Danthi  

Cin7 was the only ERP tool which suited a direct to customer online shopping business like ours. Their implementation service was very responsive and helpful. In the first 3 months of use, the development activity has meant that new features came online regularly.

I highly recommend this product.

Paul Coia