Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Debtor Daddy

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Debtor tracking

4.8 out of 5 stars
Based on 44 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Debtor Daddy, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Debtor Daddy

Simple, set & forget credit control for small businesses. Stop wasting your valuable time and money chasing debtors, take control of your cash today. DebtorDaddy.com.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Debtor Daddy, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, contact Debtor Daddy or this page for information on connecting Debtor Daddy to Xero.

Fab add-on, every SME business should have it. Who loves calling people who owe us money - not me, I just set Debtor Daddy up and it runs on remote control. Super simple and easy to use - does the work while I sleep.

Gayle Buchanan  

I could not believe how effective Debtor Daddy was until used it myself. After sending out my first couple of reminders, received payment within 48 hours. We are big on telling our clients how to chase up their aged debtors but can be less proactive for fear of offending or loosing business. Debtor Daddy removes this problem and focuses on achieving results.

Gillian Rossouw  

This has to be one of the BEST plugins!

Within 20 minutes of implementation, we had 6 outstanding invoices settled. HOW GOOD IS THAT!

It has saved us heaps of time with chasing invoices and made the chasing consistent. No more having to try and find time in the day to chase, DebtorDaddy just takes care of it and allows me to get on with business.

A must have for ALL companies, big and small!

Greg Lipschitz  

I’ve used Debtor Daddy for several months and it’s significantly reduced my businesses debtor days. I unreservedly recommend it to all clients whose business model involves outstanding receivables. Debtor Daddy improves cash flow, productivity, and reduces the stress of dealing with slow paying clients at a fraction of the cost of other solutions I’ve tried.

I have written further about my experience with Debtor Daddy here

Heather Smith
Author Xero for Dummies

Heather Smith  

The first time we used Debtor Daddy we collected $10k in a week from clients who had overlooked outstanding accounts.

It is a great way to remind customers it is time to pay, and the direct link to the invoice in Xero means there are no excuses for not what is due and when. The history tracking means you can see when they have been reminded and how often.

It is key to monitor reminders before they go out though! Reminding a customer to pay two days prior to due date when they always pays on time is not a good look.

We regularly recommend Debtor Daddy to clients who hate having those hard conversations about overdue accounts.

Margaret Holmes  

Went back into the black for the first time in years last month.

Highly recommended

Ronnie Lennon  

DebtorDaddy has significantly reduced our Accounts Receivable amount even though our revenue has grown during the same period. The integration with Xero was simple and seamless. We did have to tweak around the messaging & frequency between emails a few times based on our client feedback but we seem to have got it right now. The price for the service is very reasonable, and well worth it. The user interface and playfulness of DD as a company plays right down our alley.

My colleagues Dewi & Namita wrote an article on Futurebooks' experience with DebtorDaddy .

Overall - loving it.

George Mathew  

Debtor Daddy the idea is great, and sending out reminders to clients automatically is great, and has certainly helped our business as well. It's really a set & forget service, so all your overdue invoices are chased up automatically while you sleep.

Support is responsive to any issues. Some more flexibility in customising the reminders would be great too.

Charles Klvana  

Looking to have a trial but this is the only Xero debt collecting add on that requests credit card details prior to testing for 30 days.

Chris Allen  

Great UX but unusable if you bill in more than one currency (any company doing business in more than one market).

Debtor Daddy supports different currency symbols, according to the country specified in your Xero account. However, if you want to send reminders using the currency the invoice was raised in this is currently not possible. DebtorDaddy does not support invoices in different currencies, we only use the currency of the Xero account that is connected to it.

David Barclay  

Like Chris Allen I would be interested in having a poke around before entering my credit card details...

Graham Proud  

UPDATE: @David the new Debtor Daddy app sends reminders in the currency the invoice was raised.

The brand new Debtor Daddy is now in beta... no credit card required to try it: http://www.debtordaddy.com/beta

Automatic reminders are not yet supported, but will be added very soon. Stay tuned for further updates and feature releases coming in December and January.

You can submit any feedback on the beta here, we're keen to hear it!

Matt McFedries  

Awesome, easy to use platform to follow up people for unpaid accounts. Easy to use templates to enable a polite & personal, yet automated gentle reminder. Our late payers have become a thing of the past with such easy follow ups & it has enabled m to work more on developing our business for growth rather than chasing up lagging payers. AND the support and help is top notch & friendly, which is so nice!

Alan O'Donnell  

This has taken a huge weight off my shoulders. The only better thing than this is getting someone to break kneecaps. I can't wait to see how they grow with more functionality as planned.

Barry Schutte  

Have been using and recommending Debtor Daddy to clients for 2 years, still the best product in class by far (being a serial app collector) - love the innovation and approach in the latest version. Delivers on its promise to reduce debtors and free up cash flow, no brainer to recommend - gets instant results

Greg Byers  

Great add-on. IT saves me several hours a month and lots of stress!

Peter McCarroll  

Debtor Daddy is the cheapest staff member I've ever had, it's fantastic! Saves me so much time each week chasing Debtors, not to mention helping us get paid sooner - added bonus! Fast and simple to get started, before you know it you're underway. Support is fantastic, always get back to you. Sign up today, you wont regret it.

Natalie Chellew  

We love using Debtor Daddy for ourselves and our clients. A great way to ensure debts are chased in a timely, efficient and consistent manner.

Cassandra Scott  

I've been using for a week so far, with great results. Very easy to set up and I received 4 x my normal daily collections on the first day. And it's saving me heaps of time. Unreservedly recommended

Brett Oaten  

Using Debtor Daddy has been one of the best business decisions I've ever made. The fact that clients are receiving weekly reminders if they don't pay their invoices on time, means in the majority of cases invoices are now being paid on time & it means I don't have to keep chasing people up. I would highly recommend it.

Genevieve McLachlan  

We tell EVERYONE about this - Its like employing another member of staff - I really wish we had found this years ago.

Many Many thanks

Pippa Scott  

Debtor Daddy is a very easy simple way of reminding customers that a payment is due and i have a lot of success with it. It well and truly pays for itself.

Marg Gravener  

Fantastic add on which ensures that both we and our clients are paid quickly. It takes a lot of the hassle out of day to day debtor control.

Karen Woller  

This is simple and extremely effective add on. It ties into Xero and ensures that each client is flooded up systematically. If you use Xero and have more that 10 customers it is a must have.

Chantel Peacock  

This is a must-have addon. It has taken a huge chore off our plate. It makes us money. Thumbs up!

Harry Metcalfe  

This is a must-have.
I have seen a dramatic reduction in my overdue invoices since using Debtor Daddy which has helped my cash flow greatly.

Stuart Oliphant  

Debtor Daddy has been a very essential add-ons to my Practice. It is a must for every SME to create a system to recover their debts and DebtorDaddy has technically simplified this process. I love it so much and I am recommending it to all my clients and part of my package for all my VIP clients.

Christopher Emmanuel  

love the easy of use and gets responses from clients

Montse Vidal-Wallace  

As long as we have email addresses in place, Debtor Daddy has made a huge difference to our debt collection process. It has significantly dropped the amount of time spent on phone calls and letters. Customers love the humorous reminders sent, we quite often have a response back regarding payment within an hour of the reminder going out. Customer service is also top notch with quick replies and results.

Anne Sleep  

What a brilliant add-on. I am run off my feet with my work load & to have Debtor Daddy help with the load by doing something no one likes to do - call to collect money - It's a relief. It's never a pleasant experience having to chase money or to receive a call from someone chasing money so we chose the collector 'Audrey' who gets to the point but who softens the blow with a little humor. 'Audrey' strikes a good balance between brevity and business, which we also endeavour to achieve.

Chrissy Sullivan  

Debtor Daddy is one of the best add-ons I have use with Xero. Not only is it simple to use, but if you have a problem their tech support is fast and efficient.
Keep up the good work and keep evolving!

Clayton Burridge  

Debtor Daddy saves me so much time when clients do not pay on the due date. The reminder schedule is easy to set up and once done takes the thinking and the worry out of reminding my clients to pay. Every SME should have this service attached to their accounting package.

Dave Sewell  

has paid for itself for the next 12 months in the first month, got paid on some very old invoices

Emmie Schmul  

AMAZING!! Wish I had this 5 years ago when I started my business! Can't thank this software enough!! Good to see continual improvements and additions too, can't wait to see what this can do in years to come

Aaron Taylor  

The best add-on for Xero, particularly for small business!

Paul Munro  

I have tested DD for my own business and if you set it up properly the first time it does what it says on the tin. It appears to be a very simple solution and was easy to set up, however, my problem is that my days were initially set up wrong and I wanted to change the wording in some of the letters after it was all set up.

This is where DD really falls down currently. In order to be able to edit schedules and wording, you need to set another Collector to default and I still have not worked it out, but it appears you also have to cancel all schedules set up, some of which I can only switch from Live to Pause. I could not find a way to clear the schedule for some clients. I do remember reading in the set up phase about making changes, but only logging in weekly or bi weekly, this information is forgotten and with something so simple, it should be completely intuitive so one does not need to delve into the help files everytime one logs in.

I think DD has immense potential but I feel they need to simplify the after set up maintenance and make it as easy as it was to set up in the first place.

Edit 3 July 2015 - When I closed down my DD profile, I filled out the exit interview to assist them with future development. Matt McFedries, the CEO of DD then emailed me directly to better understand my frustrations. To cut a long story short, they are aware of my issues internally and are working hard to make the "after set up" seamless. Within two weeks, they should have a duplicate Collector feature as an interim workaround and are also working to make any after set up changes as easy as falling off a bicycle. Accordingly, I am moving back to DD in anticipation of these upgrades. My rating also goes up from 2 to 3 stars and I look forward to allocating them 5 stars in the near future. They really are on the right track.

Murray Barnetson  

Over the past couple of years I have found myself reading peoples reviews before purchasing any products, this has saved me a lot of time and effort. Having started a new company two years ago I wanted to refrain from employing a credit control team as I had in the past. Finding a good credit controller can be very hard and expensive, so I needed an alternative solution to keep my start up costs as small as possible, but my invoices being paid with out me chasing the debts all the time. Debtor Daddy is as good as the best credit controllers, once set up you can relax in the knowledge that your clients are being chased in a manner that makes them pay the invoice.
I will stress that if you want a smooth system you need to set up Debtor Daddy with the correct information, (this is very easy if you are using Xero) make sure you have the relevant contact details of the person who can authorise your payment and then you can relax knowing that everything is automated.
I have just switched over to the new version, (which went very smoothly, the instructions are perfect) and from what I have seen a great upgrade to an already first class product.

Liam Nugent  

Very good integration with Xero - really can't fault it - and I like the idea of having different 'collectors' adapted to the profiles of different clients. (You can't and shouldn't treat all of them exactly the same way!) Better yet is the option to tailor the emails sent out from each collector - and I particularly like the options to prenotify a potentially problematic client that an invoice is due, and to thank clients who have paid up. If it seems a little pricey for a microbusiness think how much time and effort you waste doing the same job yourself...!

Allan Scott  

Really enjoying the new version of Debtor Daddy, some great improvements and a big leap forward. Miss the list of reminders in my emails as now have to log in to see them but over all happy with the new version.

Warren Beard  

I have two businesses, one of which issues over 100 invoices each month. It was a real pain following these up when payment was late. But, when I started using Debtor Daddy the incidence of late payment reduced dramatically. The new Debtor Daddy is even better.

Graeme Owen  

Debtor Daddy is amazing! Right from day one of using Debtor Daddy it has helped to get our outstanding invoices paid quickly & on time! It has saved me so much time not having to remind people that their invoices are overdue. Debtor Daddy was very easy to set up & I love how it thanks my clients for their payments, I have had lots of people ask me what program I use when they get that email! I have been recommended Debtor Daddy to lots of people as it has saved me so much time & money.

Vicki Hurley  

I love that Debtor Daddy is so user friendly! Simple to use and effective, not to mention a great timesaver for debtors. I used to spend several hours every week following up debtors but now I have a lot more time for other tasks

Christine King  

Debtor Daddy has put us back in charge of Debt Management and saved us $200/ week and 10hrs / week, for doing reconciliation and debt collecting! Our overdues are now coming in quickly, without any difficulty and no emotional upsetness over discussing debt with irrate people. Professional, efficient, clear and incredibly easy!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe we use to try do it on our own!

Mel Engelbrecht  

I have been using this program since signing up with Xero in 2009 and it has saved me countless hours in chasing up payments. Especially since I only provide a 7 day account terms for all clients regardless of size. The biggest key to maximising its effectiveness is reconciling the Xero accounts daily so that you don't have DD chasing up clients who have already paid. My Debtors used to stretch out their payments for 4-5-6-8 weeks without hesitation but I find that now days most have paid up with the 7 days with a few running into the 14 day period. The automatic reminders work wonders for your cash flow and whilst I occasionally get an irate email from a client who has decided to mail a cheque at the last minute and then wonder why they are getting a reminder. All is good and ruffled feathers are soon soothed with a simple explanatory email that the system is fully automated and not generated by me personally as I simply do not have the time to do so.

Eric Brandstater  

I have been using Debtor Daddy for quite a long time (years). I am happy that I can have the reminders going out automatically. There are also benefits to the data available on the days to pay because I can use that to see how a company is improving or devolving in their payment cycles/days to pay. This can be really handy if you are considering how financially healthy a company is.
My only concern is that over a period of time companies can get a bit immune to the regular reminders they receive and begin to ignore them. The only way to balance that is to follow up with personal contact that shakes them out of their malaise. The fact that reminders have been sent is often useful during personal contact because they can't say they haven't seen anything from your company!

Michele Cozens  

A very cost effective way of speeding up cash flow. Invest a bit of time in setting it up and you will be rewarded

Kirk Drinnan  

Debtor Daddy is absolutely awesome! Makes debt collecting a breeze!!
We use it for the firm and have helped clients set up DD accounts.
DD support staff are quick to respond to any queries and very helpful.

Ashreen Lochan  

It's been a favourite add on from day one. The easy user interface, the fact that clients are reminded to pay without us having to think about it means that most of the debtor collection process is taken care off! The software has awesome personality too, thanks for keeping a boring process just a wee bit entertaining.

Amy Holdsworth  

Review: Debtor Daddy , grow your business not your debt

Debtor Daddy is an online software solution that connects to Xero to help keep money coming into your bank account, automatically. Debtor Daddy chases your debtors for you, but is it really that easy?

Please read the rest of the review on www.whichaddon.com

Marlon Wambeek