Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Reporting

5 out of 5 stars
Based on 42 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Fathom, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Fathom

Management reporting and financial analysis tool which helps you to assess performance, monitor trends and identify improvement opportunities. Check out Fathom.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Fathom, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For support contact Fathom.

Excellent Tool for more in depth account analysis. Great KPI tracker. Also allows client log in which is fantastic.

Business Buddy  

Love this tool and it's very easy to see why. There is to much to put here so why not check out the review we completed when testing Fathom.

Fathom Review

Jon Jenkins  

Fathom is ahead of the game when it comes to analysis of client results. Each KPI is shown in a genuinely unique way that allows a thorough understanding of the KPI.

I've found there are a huge number of KPIs, so generally just pick a few key ones to run through with the client rather than overwhelm them. It is really good having such a wide selection though so I can pick what is most appropriate for the client.

Fathom itself is a pleasure to use. The animation of each area is so slick and is impressive to show clients on the screen. You can see the love, care and attention to detail the developers have spent on this.

I can't recommend this add on highly enough, and with a free trial you'd be crazy not to try it out.

Anthony Wardley  

Fantastic tool. I've used this from another slant which was a role involving a franchise using it to report on individual franchise outlets. Great look and feel to the product, very easy to use. Also David and Daniel from Fathom are highly approachable.

Daniel Fairbairn  

Great looking reports. Easy to use. Fast.

Phillip Marzella  

This is a wonderful, powerful KPI reporting tool. The team at Fathom has built a solid product.. and it's beautiful to look at and use. Kudos Fathom!!

Jon Willson  

Amazing tool! Professional looking reporting instead of spreadsheets. Much added value for clients.

Please add some more reporting options, such as 5 years P&L and BS comparisons, Trend analysis for 5 or more categories. Bar chart options for reports.

Really liked the excel import options and customization. This allows great deal of flexibility for non cloud clients. Highly recommended!

Edin Ahmed  

We use this with a number of clients... this is making a big difference in our practice.

Dave Willson  

We find Fathom makes sense of the numbers, and love the fact it explains cashflow to clients. The fact that it is interactive and you can work on how to achieve the result differentiates it from others.

Brian Alexander  

We find Fathom invaluable for our medium sized companies, particularly explaining variances to budget and setting out cashflow in an easy to understand manner.

It is very easy to use and offers enormous flexbility in reporting. It's a first rate product.

Angus Ogilvie  

love the consolidation function. I can generate a consolidation report with all elimination lines in a hour! 12 entities, intercompany account elimiated automatically! Magic!

Jerry Zhao  

Pros: great visuals, very easy to map chart of accounts (!) and customize KPI metrics, intuitive design makes it easy to navigate between reports without prior experience, powerful interactivity allows to drill down into metrics and see how accounting data flows into the add-on (this ability is quite important if you want to understand workings of the add-on)

Cons: cashflow function is limited (i.e. doesn't allow for cashflow cycle analysis or to drill down into elements forming the report); having said that, the report provides some help via "?" sign if you want to drill down and reconcile accounting data

Roman Medvedev  

We've been using Fathom for well over 2 years now and couldn't work without it. The Goal Seeking Function is a huge 'light bulb' moment for clients to help them with their business.

Chris Eccles  

It's an "easy to understand" tool, that provides you important facts (financial and non-financial) about your company. They are always improving the way you manage your companies and KPI's. It's totally worth it.

Thales Sonoda  

Quick and easy way to display KPIs without sorting through the in-depth detail. Consolidation function is also handy.
Once setup to suit your business, its a great time saving measure.

Rhys Munro  

A truly powerful management tool that will empower your clients or yourself as a business owner. I cant commend this product enough.

Jodie Marshall  

Great tool to help clients understand what's going on in their business. We've looked at loads of similar software but this is the best we've come across.

Marc Lawson  

I would like to thank Geoff in specific and the Fathom team who helped us to resolve an integration issue with Xero. Thank you for bearing with us and getting to the bottom of it. It is great and comforting to know that we can escalate any queries etc. and have it dealt with in such an efficient manner. Thanks again!!!

Michelle Lawrence  

We love Fathom! We tried similar softwares and this one is by far the best and easiest to set up. Their support team is also really responsive and efficient. If you're looking for a way to better track your KPI, you should definitely check it out.

Ophelie Rat  

Amazingly easy to prepare consolidation worksheets with full audit trails and elimination columns for our individual State ledgers. This will provide an invaluable audit trail between the individual ledgers and the final consolidated statutory reports.

Trevor Morgan  

Fathom has been wonderful for our growing psychology practice. It helps us to keep track of how we're travelling and my business advisor believes it's one of the best EIS systems he's seen. It is really so much more than KPI tracking - but it does do that very well. A great tool for tracking growth and managing risk.

Andrew Tompkins  

Fathom is an incredibly useful tool that helps us to illustrate operational performance. We've utilised it for KPI tracking along with client analysis including both financial and non-financial targets. The reports that are generated are undeniably slick to display, and the interactivity is top-notch.

Ben Hoseus  

Have been extremely happy with the functionality and ease of use of Fathom. The reporting makes explaining operational performance for financial and non financial easy to understand. We are also using Fathom in developing a very valuable database of KPI tracking to assist Podiatry practices benchmark key metrics in their businesses. Fathom is proving to be a very valuable tool to enable that process for us.

Greg Gunther  

True indepth reporting and analysis at the click of a button. Very easy to use. You can create your own KPIs. Great find.

Cedric Charpenet  

Functionality at the click of a button. Upload out of MYOB or Xero and provide clients with a real time solution for relative reporting of information. Not a boring P and L but a visual representation of information.

Enjoyable staff to deal with any problems and a big plus to our business.

Christopher Gray  

Very powerful tool for distilling complicated issues into easy to understand reports for all levels of users.

Highly recommended.

Jake Phillpot  

Fathom delivers the reporting I'd always dreamed of. Financial reports are now easy to understand at a glance, compelling to read and valuable for our agency ExCo. Keep up the good work.

Alex Myers  

We've been working with an excellent management accounts advisor who has markedly improved our ability to understand what elements of the business we need to be tracking. Fathom is now the icing on that procedural cake - automated management accounting with great looking visuals and huge flexibility to change both financial and non-financial KPIs.
This is very helpful for us both internally - in tracking our own progress, but also for banks, investors etc in professionally presenting our situation.
I understand that exciting developments are in the pipeline which means the Fathom team, like all great companies, are looking to keep at the cutting edge of the possible.

Carl Benfield  

I have been using Fathom since the very early days when they first launched their application. It is an awesome application help you understand the drivers of a client business and provide significant insight into your clients accounts in a format they can understand.

The team is also very friendly, listen to feedback and always a pleasure to work with.

I highly recommend starting to use Fathom with your clients.

Robert King  

I am a very recent Fathom convert/user and am very impressed with the overall package. I have been thinking/researching for quite a while for a consolidation package at a minimum. Fathom does this very well on a simple, efficient, clear to understand basis. Its reporting menu is extensive and growing. The benchmarking tool is a great addition and now to set it all up.............

Stephen Hannon  

Have recently subscribed to Fathom. Fantastic range of reports and ability to consolidate and compare entities. Highly recommended

Mark Wills  

Fantastic Product, really helps explain financial reports to non financial people

Christopher Galloway  

We've been using Fathom now since July 2012 and now have almost 200 of our companies in the system. We get real value out of Fathom, using it for monthly company benchmarking reports, during our business planning sessions and also to provide alerts to our Support Team of any businesses that are not performing as expected. This helps us to be more proactive as a workforce and allows us to focus on the important information in our businesses. It is a slick and easy to use Xero add-on that brings our financial data to life. Fathom are great at providing continual updates packed with impressive new features.

Ashley Clemmett  

I use Fathom to consolidate & report across 144 xero accounts. I find Fathom very user friendly, & have been very impressed on how easy it has been to integrate with multiple xero accounts & produce the reporting I needed. Fathom´s reporting is great - it consolidates multiple accounts very well, & I have been especially impressed with the visual reporting available to compare entities based on the important KPI´s I need to monitor.

Jim Jessep  

Fathom is simply, Brilliant.

Nicholas Wormald  

Fathom is amazing even for a small business like me, it has given me a view of my company results from a few different angles and will definitely lead to some changes in the way I conduct some aspects of my business. The auto plugin to Xero is AWESOME , thanks Fathom & Xero!

Jo Hanlon  

Fathom is a great add-on. User friendly and the customer support you get is great. Works great with both Xero and MYOB. Thanks you. Keep going with making the product even better :)

Asela Fernando  

I've found Fathom to be the most comprehensive and elegant data analysis for Xero. The graph's are well thought out, diverse and invaluable to any business. I highly recommend anyone interested in expanding their understanding of what is behind all the numbers we dutifully have to enter into our Xero accounting. It goes way beyond what is available in Zero alone. Set your goals and watch hopefully your growth towards them.

Neal Rossel  

We use Fathom with a lot of our clients in the creative industries. It makes it so easy for visual people to understand their financial data: a critical challenge when dealing with creative people. It's an incredibly easy tool to use, but has great customisation capabilities if you really want to use it to its full potential. And the guys who run it are incredibly responsive when you have any questions or suggestions for improvement...

Ian Murray  

Client responses have been great and it is very easy to use

Steven Odgers-Jewell  

Fathom is a fantastic when it comes to data analysis! It has become an integral part of business and really helps visualise important KPI's that are often looked over. Can't recommend it enough.

David Maslen  

I love Fathom!

Karim Osman