Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Fathom

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Reporting

5 out of 5 stars

Based on 18 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Fathom, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Fathom

Management reporting and financial analysis tool which helps you to assess performance, monitor trends and identify improvement opportunities. Check out Fathom.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Fathom, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For support contact Fathom.

Excellent Tool for more in depth account analysis. Great KPI tracker. Also allows client log in which is fantastic.

Astill Hawke  

Love this tool and it's very easy to see why. There is to much to put here so why not check out the review we completed when testing Fathom.

Fathom Review

Jon Jenkins  

Fathom is ahead of the game when it comes to analysis of client results. Each KPI is shown in a genuinely unique way that allows a thorough understanding of the KPI.

I've found there are a huge number of KPIs, so generally just pick a few key ones to run through with the client rather than overwhelm them. It is really good having such a wide selection though so I can pick what is most appropriate for the client.

Fathom itself is a pleasure to use. The animation of each area is so slick and is impressive to show clients on the screen. You can see the love, care and attention to detail the developers have spent on this.

I can't recommend this add on highly enough, and with a free trial you'd be crazy not to try it out.

Anthony Wardley  

Fantastic tool. I've used this from another slant which was a role involving a franchise using it to report on individual franchise outlets. Great look and feel to the product, very easy to use. Also David and Daniel from Fathom are highly approachable.

Daniel Fairbairn  

Great looking reports. Easy to use. Fast.

Phillip Marzella  

This is a wonderful, powerful KPI reporting tool. The team at Fathom has built a solid product.. and it's beautiful to look at and use. Kudos Fathom!!

Jon Willson  

Amazing tool! Professional looking reporting instead of spreadsheets. Much added value for clients.

Please add some more reporting options, such as 5 years P&L and BS comparisons, Trend analysis for 5 or more categories. Bar chart options for reports.

Really liked the excel import options and customization. This allows great deal of flexibility for non cloud clients. Highly recommended!

Edin Ahmed  

We use this with a number of clients... this is making a big difference in our practice.

Dave Willson  

We find Fathom makes sense of the numbers, and love the fact it explains cashflow to clients. The fact that it is interactive and you can work on how to achieve the result differentiates it from others.

Brian Alexander  

We find Fathom invaluable for our medium sized companies, particularly explaining variances to budget and setting out cashflow in an easy to understand manner.

It is very easy to use and offers enormous flexbility in reporting. It's a first rate product.

Angus Ogilvie  

love the consolidation function. I can generate a consolidation report with all elimination lines in a hour! 12 entities, intercompany account elimiated automatically! Magic!

Jerry Zhao  

Pros: great visuals, very easy to map chart of accounts (!) and customize KPI metrics, intuitive design makes it easy to navigate between reports without prior experience, powerful interactivity allows to drill down into metrics and see how accounting data flows into the add-on (this ability is quite important if you want to understand workings of the add-on)

Cons: cashflow function is limited (i.e. doesn't allow for cashflow cycle analysis or to drill down into elements forming the report); having said that, the report provides some help via "?" sign if you want to drill down and reconcile accounting data

Roman Medvedev  

We've been using Fathom for well over 2 years now and couldn't work without it. The Goal Seeking Function is a huge 'light bulb' moment for clients to help them with their business.

Chris Eccles  

It's an "easy to understand" tool, that provides you important facts (financial and non-financial) about your company. They are always improving the way you manage your companies and KPI's. It's totally worth it.

Thales Sonoda  

Quick and easy way to display KPIs without sorting through the in-depth detail. Consolidation function is also handy.
Once setup to suit your business, its a great time saving measure.

Rhys Munro  

A truly powerful management tool that will empower your clients or yourself as a business owner. I cant commend this product enough.

Jodie Marshall  

Great tool to help clients understand what's going on in their business. We've looked at loads of similar software but this is the best we've come across.

Marc Lawson  

I would like to thank Geoff in specific and the Fathom team who helped us to resolve an integration issue with Xero. Thank you for bearing with us and getting to the bottom of it. It is great and comforting to know that we can escalate any queries etc. and have it dealt with in such an efficient manner. Thanks again!!!

Michelle Lawrence