Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Google Docs by Zapier

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Other

1 out of 5 stars

Based on 1 user rating
If you are a user of Xero and Google Docs by Zapier, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Google Docs by Zapier

Wish you could make Google Docs and Xero talk to each other? With Zapier it's as easy as drag-and-drop, check out Google Docs by Zapier.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Google Docs by Zapier, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Zapier support centre

1 Customer Reviews
Well I was really excited about this. Zapier promises the ability to add invoices in Xero whenever a line is added to a spreadsheet in google docs. Thought it was a fab workaround for a client who has income recorded in a centralised CRM system which doesn't integrate with Xero, but which produces reports in spreadsheet format. So I took out the trial and did a test, and yay, draft invoices appeared in Xero - magic!

BUT Zapier can't deal with dd/mm/yy date format! So your spreadsheet line dated 1 August becomes 8 January in Xero. And they can't offer a workaround......response was "'I'm afraid this is a problem we don't have a good solution to right now. We're working on ways to better format dates for you down the line, but for now we don't have a way to adjust the formatting of that date". Very sad - and I know we're not the only country in the world to use dd/mm/yy dates :-)

Mary Moore