Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Google Docs by Zapier

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Other

1 out of 5 stars
Based on 1 user rating
If you are a user of Xero and Google Docs by Zapier, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Google Docs by Zapier

Wish you could make Google Docs and Xero talk to each other? With Zapier it's as easy as drag-and-drop, check out Google Docs by Zapier.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Google Docs by Zapier, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Zapier support centre

Well I was really excited about this. Zapier promises the ability to add invoices in Xero whenever a line is added to a spreadsheet in google docs. Thought it was a fab workaround for a client who has income recorded in a centralised CRM system which doesn't integrate with Xero, but which produces reports in spreadsheet format. So I took out the trial and did a test, and yay, draft invoices appeared in Xero - magic!

BUT Zapier can't deal with dd/mm/yy date format! So your spreadsheet line dated 1 August becomes 8 January in Xero. And they can't offer a workaround......response was "'I'm afraid this is a problem we don't have a good solution to right now. We're working on ways to better format dates for you down the line, but for now we don't have a way to adjust the formatting of that date". Very sad - and I know we're not the only country in the world to use dd/mm/yy dates :-)

Mary Moore  

Well, that's disappointing. Will check it out for myself.

Joe Maristela  

Why can't the entire world just accept and use ISO 8601 date formatting such as yyyy-mm-dd like all developed countries? It would just be sooo much more simple than to be bothered with all anglo BS date formatting.

Robert Bergqvist  

Robert...More people around the world use dd-mm-yyyy than a US defined ISO standard. The day you guys stop using yards, lbs, feet, miles and quarters and adopt the universal and more logical METRIC SYSTEM (look it up, you may learn something) the better. Keep up now chaps. Don't tail behind.

Mims Talsi  

With all due respect, Mims Talsi, the ISO 8601 standard results in usable numeric sequencing based on date, whereas dd-mm-yyyy does not. We may use oddball units of measure, but at least we don't have too much use for furlongs & fortnights (furlongs per fortnight being a calculable measure of speed). Still, there is no hope for us...we use the "football field" as a legitimate unit of measurement..."That aircraft carrier is 3 football fields long!!"...besides, if God had meant for us to use the metric system, there would have been 10 disciples.

John Brougher