Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Jet Convert

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Conversions

4.8 out of 5 stars
Based on 15 user ratings
If you are a user of Jet Convert, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Jet Convert

Full transactional history and payroll set-up from our professional technical support team. Seamless conversions from MYOB to Xero in 3 days, check out Jet Convert.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Jet Convert, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, contact Jet Convert

I have used Jet Convert for 7 client data convrsions from MYOB to Xero since March this year and would have no hesitation in recommending their services. They have been a pleasure to deal with, delivering each data conversion on time and to specification. If there has been any followup required, the staff have been very helpful and willing to help resolve any anomolies from MYOB data that has been less than perfect. I will continue to use their services and know that this method of conversion provides my clients a very cost effective way of getting started with Xero.

Liz Woodgate  

Having used the Jet Convert services, I would totally recommend them for MYOB conversions .. great turnaround, great communication on the job. Full transactional data converted is fantastic and as Liz says .. very cost effective way to migrate across to Xero

Stu Wehner  

I have no hesitation in recommending JET for MYOB conversions .. great turnaround, very helpful, and responsive. Having a full conversion of all transactional data is the key factor and, to my knowledge, isn't matched elsewhere in the marketplace. Well done JET!

Jason Sharp  

I have used JET CONVERT for lots of conversions from MYOB and I love it- it's such a great service to offer my clients at a cost that is really affordable, It makes the conversion so much easier as the client is looking at data they recognize. The staff are wonderful and have answered my 'silly at times' questions with great courtesy!! JET CONVERT come highly recommended by me!!

Vicki Wilkinson  

Jet offer a fantastic service. We have had quite a few conversions go through the Jet process and are more and more impressed every time. What a great way to get your clients onto Xero quick and with ease.

Steph Hinds  

We have used Jet Convert many times and have been very impressed with the quality and timeliness of their service. Great work team, you have made our life so much easier than attempting to do full conversions on our own. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Jet Convert!!

Scott Edden  

We have used Jet Convert for MYOB to Xero conversions and they have a great service. We have also used them to convert paper bank statements to CSV files which has saved us a tremendous amount of time.

Wendy Thompson  

Excellent service. Just had the first conversion done and I spent less than an hour on it finishing off. Highly recommended.

Lesleigh Richardson  

After seeing that others had positive experiences, I thought I'd test them out for some clients. Nothing short of impressed by both myself and the clients. Quick conversions on what I considered to be large files. Thank you to the Jet Convert team, happily & highly recommended!

Michael Davis  

We have converted both small and relatively large MYOB files over the past couple of months and I was not sure how it would go.

The reality is that the Jet Convert team was:

1. Quick;
2. Reliable;
3. Fantastic on communication of MYOB/Xero conversion issues.

Working through post conversion issues with our clients has been so much easier with the post conversion report supplied by Jet Convert on completion for each file.

Thank you

Daniel McGregor  

Have been very impressed with the Jetconvert myob conversion process.
Service is quick, the detailed report report supplied after conversion is great and makes moving myob clients on to xero a breeze

Thank you!

Debra Fraser  

I have used Jet Convert quite a few times for MYOB to Xero conversions and love the service they provide. The latest one I submitted was done and dusted in about 2 hours from start to finish - absolutely amazing!! I love the detailed report that you get rather than having to work out the details for yourself as I have to with other conversion providers. Their support team are also fantastic and will bend over backwards to ensure everything goes smoothly. I will always use this service for my MYOB conversions and have no hesitation in recommending the service they offer.

Sarah Atkinson  

With a squeaky clean file, low number of chart of accounts and uncomplicated payroll, I would possibly use JetConvert if it was free.

However, our experience using JetConvert had caused no end of strife in our larger companies. By inputting the balances and doing the setup ourselves, the results have been much simpler and easy to use going forward. The trade off is not having historical information in Xero which in my opinion isn't devastating for two reasons
1. You can always access your backup if required,
2. The historical information is very difficult to fix if it was incorrect in MYOB and thus transferred accross as incorrect in Xero. As the clients who will use this are moving away from MYOB, they would understand the multitudes of scraps that can be left in MYOB if not maintained by an extremely competent bookkeeper.

I'm not a naysayer by any means but from experience I would just advise extreme caution if the files aren't immaculate.

Additionally, it is great for a 'spring clean' of the accounts if you do it manually.

Tamsin Nolan  

Hi Tamsin,
Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate all feedback and are especially interested in helping you out if you have had a negative experience.

Our conversion service has been developed to not only deal with difficult MYOB files, but to actually help you unearth these legacy problems and clean them up. In our customised Action Checklist that you get with each conversion we highlight incorrect entries that might have been hidden in MYOB.

Including full history even if not squeaky clean and adding adjusting journals has the benefit of creating a strong audit trail. The things we see that need to be cleaned up usually relate to one of the following:

1) Irrelevant historical invoices/bills that have not been removed/written off
2) Future dated transactions that have not been picked up during reconciliation
3) Out of Balance issues around Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable accounts

All of these have had an impact on earlier figures created out of MYOB, so adjusting them through journals and paying invoices/bills off from the correct accounts will clean up the problems and reverse incorrect figures that might have been lodged in the past.

The other problem we've seen is that End of Year accounting journals have never been added to MYOB. Based on that feedback, we will be releasing on option of a "naked" conversion where you get a conversion with all the non financial data but no opening balances and no transactions. That way it will be easy to add the correct accountants' figures.

Looking forward to our conversation next week to understand the specifics you have been facing. Hopefully we can integrate your feedback in our constantly evolving conversion tool so that any future conversions you do will be a great experience, even if there is difficult legacy in MYOB.

Best regards
Alexander Kohl
Founder of Jet Convert

Alexander Kohl  

Jet convert has saved us an incredible amount of time & work converting our files to Xero. The turnaround time is nice and quick and the standard of service fantastic. We particularly like the recent change where we can map accounts before the conversion process.

Hudson Williams  

I love JetConvert!! Fantastic service.

Kate McMeniman