Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Other

3 out of 5 stars
Based on 2 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and OneSaas, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About OneSaas

OneSaas connectors allow you to integrate Xero with a growing range of other specialized online software to manage all aspects of your business, check out OneSaas.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with OneSaas, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the OneSaas support centre or this page for information on connecting OneSaas to Xero.

Started out OK but turned into a disaster, regular synching problems, stock standard answers from support "we're not sure what is causing this problem and will get a tech to look into it" then no follow up to tell you if it was fixed. The final straw was when an entire months payables that had been edited and had documents attached suddenly disappeared from 'awaiting approval' to 'Drafts' and all the editing and documents were lost.

Xero said:
I have logged in and had a look and it looks like the integration with OneSaas has caused the bill to update, thereby removing any changes that you added manually. The integration with Xero and Zoho CRM was designed and developed by OneSaas.
You can also check this yourself by clicking on the History & Notes of a draft bill (for example, reference ZO2018087 from Hybrid Construction), to see that the bill was received through the Xero API on the 2 May 2014, then you uploaded 2 files and edited the bill on the same day, then on the 7th of May the bill was again received through the Xero API from OneSaas.
I've discussed this issue with our API team and they can confirm that this relates to how the integration is working.
Therefore OneSaas are in the best position to help you with this situation as they are more familiar with the data workflow between the software, and what the integration can or cannot do.
You can contact them at support@onesaas.com
In answer to your question about he getting the bills back into their completed form, there isn't a quick fix, you will need to manually add the information back to the bill and then submit if for approval again.

Xero API is an interface that used by Xero Add-ons such as OneSaas to interact with Xero and there are some things that possible via Xero API but cannot be done in Xero web interface and changing back invoices/bills that are in "Submitted for Approval" back to "Draft" is one of them.
I'll discuss this with the whole API team if there's a better workflow for this but in the meantime, it is best that you contact OneSaas to see if they can prevent their system from 'updating' the invoices again.

and below is the (only) response from OneSaas

MAY 15, 2014 | 11:44AM EST
Johnny replied:
Hi Greg,

This issue is not something we have encountered before, I have raised a ticket for our developers to look into this further and have made the team aware of this issue.

I will let you know as soon as we have further updates.

Greg Simmons  

About 7-8 months down the road since i started integrating Xero and Onesaas.... couldn't be happier about how easy it is to work with, and how much time it saves me!

Stephen Nash