Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Receipt Bank

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Bills + Expenses

4.8 out of 5 stars
Based on 172 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Receipt Bank, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Receipt Bank

Receipt Bank converts those annoying bits of paper – receipts and invoices - into Xero data, check out Receipt Bank.

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Receipt Bank, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Receipt Bank support centre .

We always had problem with clients not entering the AP to their Xero account because of the time and hassle. Receipt made it so easy for them,they don't have any excuse not doing it .Now we have better information available to us so we can advice our client and create accurate management reports on monthly bases.Our clients are loving it as well ,because they can manage their cashflow better with having all the information they need in the Xero dashboard at no time.

Brad Golchin  

LOVE RB, wipes out a ton of time, hassle and oh so easy to use. Its been frustrating to see so many business owners trying to turn administration staff into bookkeepers and it just doesn't work, their staff get frustrated and leave because they 'hate numbers'. With Receipt Bank businesses can share the load with staff, no numbers involved - how easy is that!

Gayle Buchanan  

Receipt Bank has become an invaluable tool both for our clients and us. With Xero offering real-time data feeds, the only element that was missing were up to date receipts. Now our clients can snap and bin there receipt knowing that Receipt Bank will take care of the rest. With their easy to use website, once everything is setup, all the purchases are feed directly into Xero, in super quick time. Not only are we impressed with their technology, but the help and support of the team at Receipt Bank has been fantastic.

Paul Rawlings  

Receipt Bank has totally changed the way we run our BookKeeping business

We went along to a Xero Partner event several months ago and saw a presentation from the guys at Receipt Bank, at the time we really thought it sounded too good to be true, "how wrong was I?", it really does do what it says on the tin and the charges really are as advertised, there are no hidden extras.

We regularly have piles of invoices from clients which would have taken a long time to enter but with Receipt Bank we just sort them in to order, scan them and upload them, a short while later they are available to check and transfer across to Xero.

As a Receipt Bank partner we get treated like part of their team, whether we communicate via email or telephone we get a response very quickly indeed and nothing ever seems to be too much trouble.

Any issues that may occur are quickly investigated and sorted, at times when we have made suggestions for changes to Receipt Bank and these suggestions are always taken on board and developed where possible, our constructive criticisms are never seen as complaints as the guys at Receipt Bank know that being BookKeepers, we know what we need to get the job done.

On a closing note, if anybody using Receipt Bank has suggestions or ideas to how the system can be improved please contact the guys today, they really do value our input when it comes to development.

Keep up the good work guys.

Matt Goodrum  

Receipt Bank has saved us time and money

We have used Receipt Bank for 2 years now and it just keeps getting better!
Add-on partner of the year in 2012, for us it is simply 'The Add-on Partner' every Xero user we sign up is recommended to use Receipt Bank. It saves the client time and money and does exactly the same for us.

The first question I am always asked when showing a new client Receipt Bank is "Is that really all I have to do?". Hours saved, lost receipts now recorded, happy clients and more importantly accurate data into their accounts.

We are proud to be Receipt Bank partners. The team at Receipt Bank are always available and friendly and so helpful with any requests we may have.

I'd like to thank the people at Receipt Bank for making my working life so much easier, but more importantly, keeping my clients happy.

Amazing add-on, amazing people, enough said!

David O'Shea  

We have been using ReceiptBank for a few months - but are giving it "free of charge" to every client as it is such a great tool. No more bookkeepers shifting through piles of paper - ReceiptBank just makes it really easy for us to get the data into Xero, which means we can spend more time analysing and giving our clients added value. The feedback I have had from clients is mainly in the form of one word - "wow".

Annette Ferguson  

We're loving ReceiptBank - It makes life easier for people out on the go. The software is smooth and simple to use once it's set up, and the smartphone app is the icing on the cake! Lots of great free webinar's and a very helpful support team to help you get up and running too.

Eva Perrone  

Receipt Bank has made life so much easier for our clients, they can now upload there receipts when they receive them which means no more lost receipts! Receipt Bank has also saved us lots of time we were spending on scanning. The software is simple to use and also the customer service team are excellent if we ever have any problems. Keep up the good work Receipt Bank!

James Adam  

Receipt Bank is a really great Add On, helps us and customers out no end, a must have tool in the accounting process, also backed up by a great team at RB HQ, nice to deal with people that want to help and not just sell you licences, thanks guys.

Andrew Smith  

Receipt Bank has changed how we do business. As an example for anyone that understands the restaurant game the paperwork is a killer and the payables process is never ending, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, DD, DC & AP's! We are able to run bookkeeping services for 10 hours a week for two restaurants. Client is very impressed at how professional our service is, our amazing reporting using Xero and that we are providing the service in less time than the previous bookkeeper. RB has cut the payables process time down by 70%. Love it!

Louise Holmes  

Receipt Bank has made our customers lives so much easier. They love it when I show them how to take a photo of a receipt with their phones and 'upload' it to Receipt Bank in seconds. 'What else do I need to do?' they ask. 'That's it', I reply with a smile 'We'll look after it from here'. They find that pretty damn exciting and so do I. None of our team enjoy trying to sort through crumpled shoeboxes of paper. Combined with the use of auto coding functionality in Receipt Bank we are able to maximise our time and therefore our customers money. A win win for everyone.

Clementines Business Support Andrew Neill  

Receipt Bank has totally changed the way we work with our clients. No longer are we waiting for our clients to post their receipts to us. Now they upload everything into Receipt Bank and we couldn't have chosen a better Add-on Partner to partner with. The customer support you get from Receipt Bank is by far the best I've ever received. I highly recommend Receipt Bank to any business owner or bookkeeper!

Kylie Short  

We love Receipt Bank! I can't imagine data entry any other way. Not only does it make life easier for the client, but for us too! The support we get from Receipt Bank is amazing..great product and great service...keep it up! We can't wait to see what you have planned next! I would recommend Receipt Bank to any accountant, bookkeeper or business owner. If you haven't tried it..now is the time!

Kelly Rowland  

Xero is great for having Bank Feeds and Sales Feeds, the only thing that was missing is Expense feeds. Receipt Bank has come along and filled that gap, Receipt Bank truly is the Expense Feed that we have all been looking for. We as a business have been able to win business from our competitors, not based on price but based on the fact that the customer will see the receipt inside Xero. They see this as true value of working in the Cloud.

We have had a couple of incidents where customers have asked for copies of receipts (Stolen Item and some returns). We were able whilst being onsite to provide them with a copy directly from Receipt Bank, they loved the fact we could do it so quickly.

So, thank you Xero for your API and thank you Receipt Bank for a fantastic product and service.

Kieron Townsend  

We use Receipt Bank with both clients and for our business and love it on both counts. Clients love it because it removes the hassle of having to file then find endless pieces of paper - we love it because it transforms the service we are able to provide our clients.

Personally, I just love not having the chore of doing my expenses each month!

It's also worth noting that we have looked at other products similar to Receipt Bank, but the product and the plans of the people running RB for the future development of the product is unsurpassed.

Paul Bulpitt  

One of our firms goals is to move our clients towards “paperless business”

Receipt Bank forms a significant part of achieving this for our clients

Our clients see tangible benefits, such as reducing their administration time with creditors.

Michael McCook  

Receipt Bank has revolutionised the accounting process of our business and our clients and saves a massive amount of time with its automation and integration into Xero.

The Support from staff has been exceptional, the products continued improvement over the months that we have been using it has truly enhanced its capabilities.

The only *problem* is that our clients are now Receipt Bank addicts!

Bruce Campbell  

Love it ! whether I auto forward emailed invoice to Receipt Bank or upload them via the iphone app - they always arrive, always get filed correctly and always end up in Xero. Its simple, reliable & saves a load of work.

Robert McCandless  

Receipt Bank has transformed our bookkeeping offering to our clients. It is a core part of our bookkeeping process now and has allowed us to build a much more streamlined Accounts Payable system, especially where approval for payment of invoices is involved.

We've been using it for quite a while and could not do with out it now.

We love Receipt Bank!!!

Darren McMahon  

Unless you love entering supplier invoices and receipts into Xero I would definitely recommend having a look at Receipt Bank. I have trained a number of Accountants on Receipt Bank and it is great to read all of these positive reviews.

Maree Maxfield - Maxama  

Best general add-on to Xero out there, and a must have for any Xero users wanting an all-round efficiency for their bookkeeping!

Pesach Davidoff  

I've been using RB for a few years now and absolutely love it. It saves me a ton of time, particularly with the dropbox integration and the App. I can give clients much more accurate up to date info. Also, having sight of all invoices easily and electronically makes figuring out what's going on a doddle - especially if a client's uploaded the same invoice more than once, which does happen.....quite a lot!

I couldn't look after the number of clients that I do without RB so it's essential to my business.

Deborah Taylor  

We started using RB in 2012 and rolled it out to clients in January 2013. Its been a fantastic addition to our firm and our clients. For a low monthly fee you can not only cut down on bookkeeping time, you vastly improve your cost control as RB puts a scan of every invoice on Xero for ease of review. We find it reads invoices very accurately, even hand written ones!

We love the smartphone app as our clients that work on the move can just snap pics of their receipts / invoices and we do the rest! Dropbox integration is also very popular with our clients who just want to save all invoices to their dropbox folder and hey presto they end up in Accounts Payable in Xero 2 days later!.

If you use Xero and have more than 5 bills per month you would be crazy not to use RB.

Sean O'Rourke  

Great addition to Xero which has limited expense functionality, clients love the iphone app and the ease at which expenses can come into the system. It is very easily customised and once it gains the ability to decipher between expense and bill based on payment method used or invoice terms it will be perfect!

Simon kallu  

Receipt-Bank is one of our most popular Xero add-ons and used by a wide range of different clients. Some use Receipt-Bank for their expense claims and others put hundreds of invoices a month through the system.

As a Receipt-Bank partner we have been very impressed with the communication and support we have received from the team, including multiple visits to our premises. Our queries are always dealt with quickly and any input we give always valued.

It has been very interesting to watch Receipt-Bank grow over the last couple of years and we look forward to seeing how it develops in the near future.

Duncan Folkes  

Receipt-Bank is really effective and a great way to show clients who are looking to use Xero just how immediately they can change the way they do their bookkeeping.

Debbie Chapman  

Can I add more to what's already been said? I use RB over shoeboxed most of the time, it works the way I want it to, communication and support is great and the integration with Xero having it post as an image directly on the purchase is my favourite option.

I don't use the apps for it but my clients do and they keep up with it.

Avery Dorland  

Been using RB for a few months now, I think it's an excellent app.

When I used to be contracted out in-house, I would set up a filing system and stay on top of receipts for my clients. Now that I use Xero remotely, I find this a great solution for my clients to keep their receipts digitally - as most don't have the time to keep track of lots of little papers flying around!

I would like the turn-around time to be a bit faster, but it's already pretty fast, one or two days usually.

The team over at RB are GREAT! Friendly, smart, very helpful (and great accents)!

I have all my clients set up on this, and encourage everyone to use it!

Kirsten Barrie  

The best way for me to describe how fantastic Receipt Bank is, is to quote a tweet from one of our clients who is a PR consultant - "Never thought I'd be tweeting about accounting but I'm LOVING my new accounts system Xero and Receipt Bank. I can honestly say that Receipt Bank has changed my life!! I've been telling everyone who'll listen about it :) Thanks Pillow May!"
We also use Xero and Receipt Bank for our own accounts and they save me so much time and help me keep my email intray clear of invoices!

Jessica Pillow  

This service is an absolute godsend. We moved to Xero after 11 months on SageOne and I had a large drawer of personal receipts that I couldn't bring myself round to adding to the system.
Now they've all been uploaded into Receipt bank and I am manually processing them off. 5 here. 5 there. Making light work of it./ Will probably move to the paid service once I have got through this initial batch but just great. No more carrying round paper receipts of personal expenses. Great!
I request would be to have a Windows Phone app (I am a Nokia user) but I do generally carry an Android phone around so not a disaster but would be great not to have to rely having it on me.

Rupert Englander  

We absolutely love Receipt Bank. It makes our work so much easier, but the clients absolutely love it. The app is so easy to use that it's just a no-brainer when recommending it to clients.

It also makes our interaction with clients better too, as they find it so easy to use Receipt Bank, but we are having meaningful dialogues through the year about what they can and can't claim, and making sure that receipts are being accounted for correctly. We are also seeing an increase in amounts being claimed for VAT and tax purposes, which the clients also love.

Can't recommend Receipt Bank highly enough - my favourite Xero Add-On!

Sharon Pocock FCCA  

Receipt Bank has really revolutionised the way our clients deal with expenses. We are a Xero Platinum partner, so have a huge amount of Accounts Payable paperwork to deal with. Receipt Bank has completely taken care of this.

In the firm, using technology to improve the level of service we offer to clients is crucial. Using fantastic tools like Receipt Bank really allows us to do that. It fits perfectly into our fixed price offering, and we are already Gold Partners!

We cannot recommend Receipt Bank enough - it is an essential add-on for any Xero user.

Stephen Paul  

Receipt Bank is an awesome addition to the awesome Xero program!
It saves me a lot of time and is really easy to integrate and use.
They are also really on top of things and updating their program on a monthly basis as Xero is doing which means the program gets better and better each month.
Also if you have feedback for them they really take it seriously and try to implement all the feedback they get!

Awesome People and Awesome Program!

Every Bookkeeper and Accountant should use this!

Matthias Ossyra  

We love Receipt Bank and more importantly our clients really love Receipt Bank. Especially the ability to take photos of receipts on the move and bin them. Makes the client look good which makes us look good!

Adam Shaw  

We have been using Receipt Bank for a while for our clients and we love the system. The combination of Xero and Receipt Bank is unbeatable and the ability to truly achieve real time data is definitely a reality. We couldn't recommend Receipt Bank enough.

Daniel Balakrishnan  

There are obviously a lot of happy users here!

This space is one where competition will surely drive increased functionality. As existing companies (Shoeboxed, Expensify, OneReceipt, etc) increase their Xero integration options, it'll become an even more interesting playing field. Even as Xero introduces their 'Files' offering, it'll be interesting to see how the market reacts over time to document management strategies.

Right now (and at the rate of tech innovation things change on a dime), Receipt Bank is the market leader in my opinion for the masses. With Invitbox constantly increasing their offering (multi-line extracts, etc) it'll drive both companies to work harder and faster at releasing innovative upgrades.

What separates Receipt Bank now:
- Can handle the big three - Invoices, receipts & Expense claims (and approval)
- Price per transaction
- Xero integration options
- Number of data extraction points sent to Xero
- Processing time (given their recent growth one or two days is quite reasonable)
- Search capability & data exports

What could be improved:
- Attaching images to expense claims (both in RB and in Xero)
- An internal approval process for invoices/receipts (not super important as there are other approval options)
- Increased accuracy for expense coding
- Auto reload of GL accounts (vs. manual refresh)

We give all customers Receipt Bank for free at LiveCA in Canada.

As time goes on, there will be other offerings that will work great with Xero. Like any young market, innovation will occur and as consumers we'll all benefit. To say one app is better than another app is taking a quite general approach that I'm not willing to put my hat in the ring for. It really comes down to each situation and what works best for that company individually given their internal resources/aptitudes and their needs. Sometimes we forget that when recommending apps to one another. Who knows, in a month or two there could be another player on the market that just completely sweeps us off our feet.

For now, Receipt Bank, you're doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Chad Davis  

Loving Receipt Bank!
Sophie has been great in getting us underway with client setup. We are pleased to see the correct treatment of gst transferring through to Xero. Selecting any Xero Add-Ons needs to be done with care and good inhouse testing to make sure no surprises in the Xero ledger.
Easy to follow support resources from Receipt Bank - and friendly people to boot!

Leaine Jones  

I've used Receipt bank since the early days and have always found it to be a very useful tool in my day to day arsenal.

The guys (and gals) there are fantastic in support and listening to their users. Top notch company!

Sean Price  

Im obviously the odd one out here, but after reading all these great reviews I thought Id give RB a try .... and to be honest, I was disappointed and cancelled my account after 4 days use.

The issue is that probably half of the scanned invoices needed attention and it takes to long between submitting the receipts and them appearing in Xero …. I also don't really see a major benefit in terms of speed for entry … between making changes, updating the GST and reviewing the original document to ensure its been entered correctly, its probably just as quick to add the receipt directly into Xero.

the ability to take a photo is quite neat - but you can do that directly in the Xero app, or countless other apps converts a photo to PDF and saves into dropbox.

And for $79 a month ?

Awesome customer service - very quick twitter response times.

Andrew Hemphill  

I have been using Receipt Bank for my business for a while now and I can't recommend it enough. Receipt Bank has allowed me to really use Xero as a truly real time business tool as now all my expenses and invoices get fed into Xero as close to real time as possible.

Submitting via the app is first class and getting my petrol, coffee, parking receipts and even some paper invoices (the ones that still come through the post) into Xero couldn't be easier.

I did kid myself initially that I could key in the information faster into Xero than sending it into Receipt Bank but that tends to miss the point. Its all about getting the information into Xero as close to real time as possible and its about spending the time I would spend keying in the information to actually work on my business.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Receipt Bank and Xero to all business owners but frankly I wouldn't want the competition to know how I have so much time to bring more money into the business than spending it on administrating the business.

Celeste Dos Santos  

We have been using receipt bank for the last few months and find it an extremely useful add on. We find it reduces staff time in dealing with purchase invoices. It also allows us to easily co-ordinate invoices processing by different staff throughout the firm. The fact there is a scanned copy of the document attached to the purchase invoice in Xero really reduces the level of paper files in the office and the client can review any invoice at a single click. We are looking at how we can expand our usage of Receipt Bank.

Warren Keogh  

Receiptbank is a vital part of the accounting platform Finling offers to its clients. We are able to run a completely paperless service - it is like having additional bookkeeping teams in the background. My team loves it, and my clients love it even more!

Jennifer Denning  

Here at Milestone Management Solutions Ltd we are busy converting as many clients as we can to Receiptbank not only because of the speed and efficiency but because of the cost reductions that it creates. Our clients are telling us that it is reducing their book keeping costs by as much as 75% if used in conjuction with Xero.

Tony Miles  

The integration between Receipt Bank and Xero is superb. It allows my bookkeepers to spend their time on analysis rather than data entry, which in turn has added value to the information we provide to our clients. Our clients are now more proactive in ensuring we have a steady workflow, and are able to comment on receipts and invoices more easily which also ensures we code things correctly and reduces the number of queries. It also ensures I have oversight over all the receipts my clients are claiming. Overall it has made my practice much more efficient and accurate, and has brought us right up into the 21st century. Where would we be without Receipt Bank?? I dread to think...

Tasnim Mustafa  

Finding Software for SME's that works will in the South African market can be a grind. Finding software for South African SME's that integrates well with a world leading product like Xero can be almost impossible. But Receipt Bank and Xero now offer South African SME's a fully integrated solution that is easy to set up, easier to use and which in the words of another famous South African brand...is Saving you Time and Saving you Money!

Colin Timmis  

Our clients love using Receipt Bank to send us their documents. The iPhone app is super easy for them to use and my bookkeepers are very happy with the Receipt Bank interface. We used to have to scan receipts/invoices/checks for our clients--now they do the work for us!

Blake Oliver  

I like the idea, however there are some quirks which make the RB experience less than satisfying. For example, there does not appear to be a way of entering line description when coding payable invoices (yes I know the image is attached, but when you export reports from Xero then images are not attached), it is an annoyance to have to use the mouse to select the date during coding process, and finally the way receipt bank deals with VAT rounding adjustments creates unnecessary transactions in Xero. And RB's coding itself is rather errorsome...

UPDATE: Received a call from Receipt-Bank. Encouraging to see them respond to forum feedback. Turns out there were features in the software that I had not yet discovered. Booked a demo to run through full feature set... Rating revised.

Haider Ali  

Receipt Bank is my all time favourite integration that I recommend to all of my clients. Keep up the nice work Receipt Bank!

Ryan Lazanis  

The more I use Receipt Bank, the more I discover new features and I have begun to appreciate how well RB has been designed and how much of the Xero work it does for me before I even transfer my docs across from RB.

The more I use it the more impressed I am at the features it offers and its useability and simplicity. I highly recommend it to anyone needing to process receipts in bulk.

Philip van Zyl  

Receipt Bank has just saved us so much time with our latest new client! Most of the Quarter's VAT receipts were 'snapped' and uploaded in much less than half the time it would have taken to key-in, let alone total wipe-out of any possible keying-in errors, which are of course inevitably followed by further 'correction time'.

We much prefer organising, reconciling and managing clients accounts than just sitting and keying-in...anyday! Thank you Receipt Bank!

Jayne Smith  

Receipt Bank is a cornerstone piece of software in our bookkeeping firm. Without it I'd be lost now. I use it to default coding which helps with consistency. It makes the process of our customers getting information to us so much quicker! This relates in great turn around times in producing financial results. I love the fact then months later when I'm in Xero and I've forgotten the nature of a purchase I can look up the attached image to refresh my memory. Receipt Bank, you rock!

Michele Clemens  

Receipt Bank is proving to be a great add on for us - we use it in house for client management account and bookkeeping assignments. Its essentially allowed us to take on bookkeeping work that previously would not have been profitable, and combine it with the excellent reporting aspects of Xero.

Receipts are read and categorised with amazing accuracy. It is worth understanding the synchronisation options within Receipt Bank settings too as these can further enhance and fine tune the process.

Alex Smith  

Saves us a LOT of time and gives us confidence our data is being entered accurately.

Luke Budka  

Receipt bank saves us time every day. We can upload receipts for each of our clients and get on with something else knowing that Receipt Bank is working for us in the background. This allows us to be a lot more efficient and take on more business as a result.

Ian Gibb  

A great piece of software - well done Receipt Bank. It means that our records come through in much better format than when clients try to enter purchases themselves, and it's a great way to offer value to businesses.

Highly recommended!

Paul Pritchard  

No wonder Receipt Bank have been Xero Add on partner as its an excellent add on with outstanding customer service.

Paul Miller  

Receipt Bank is the most popular Xero Add On used by our clients. Our clients who have more than a handful of purchase invoices and/or receipts each month save alot of time and worry by forwarding these to Receipt Bank to capture.
We also use Receipt Bank ourselves and it creates consistency in our purchase ledger as it reduces the risk of human error from our staff typing up purchase invoices themselves www.MyAccountancyPlace.co.uk

Paul Barnes  

Xero and Receipt Bank...A marriage made in heaven. The integration and eradication of paper has made this a must for all my clients. The ability to edit, and post to Xero seamlessly proves the pedigree of both the products. Being able to archive and view source documents from both Xero and Receipt bank give peace of mind for any pending audit or inquiry.

Roger Barber  

Receipt Bank is an invaluable tool for us, enabling us to quickly upload receipts and invoices for our many clients in a way which is simple and efficient. We save time on data entry and find that we don't have anywhere near the amount of papers out around the office.

The only thing we are waiting for is for credit notes to arrive in Xero with the image attached as it does with invoices and receipts. Although this is still manageable by just attaching the image afterwards, it would be a little slicker if it happened automatically. As I understand this is being worked on.

Using Receipt Bank really adds another level of brilliance to Xero. On first discussion, most people I've spoken to are astonished that there is a product out there like Receipt Bank that works so accurately. It really has revolutionized the way in which we work.

Danny Hassall  

We have been using ReceiptBank for a long time and we are now giving it "free of charge" to every client as it is such a great tool. No more bookkeepers shifting through mountains of paper - Receipt Bank just makes it really easy for us to get our data into Xero, which means we can spend more time analysing and giving our clients added value. The feedback I have had from clients - "Brilliant".

paddy gahan  

ReceiptBank is a great tool and our clients love it as well.

It saves us a lot of time and improves accuracy of posting, the ability to drill in to look at a copy of an invoice/receipt with one click is fantastic.

Our clients have found many ways of uploading invoices, including batch scanning using the office copier/scanner and then automatically sending by email.

Using ReceiptBank takes our service to another level and clients are totally bowled over.

Just waiting for credit notes to arrive with a copy attached.

Keep up the good work with the improvements to the service.

Chris Kemp  

Easy to use, saves us a lot of time and the fees are very reasonable.

Clients love that we can offer this service and in particular find the smart phone apps very handy!

David Arden  

We love Receipt Bank as much as we love Xero! It's our office manager's job to get all our receipts and invoices into Xero. This has been taking longer and longer each month as the company grows and is a real waste of a good resource. With Receipt Bank the time she spends on data entry has been dramatically reduced, which means she can focus on more important tasks (like chasing payment on invoices!), which are also more enjoyable for her.

Additionally, it is SO USEFUL having a scan of every receipt / invoice saved in Xero. It means we can address discrepancies really quickly and I have all the information I need regarding payables on hand. No more finding the payables file, then checking the invoice has been logged in xero before paying it and then filing the paper.

Heather Baker  

Receipt Bank is the perfect tool that we use to Scale our Business - I love that I can set an email address fro notifications to be pushed to people when items have been submitted so that the person assigned to that client can login and process transactions through the system - this saves our clients doing it, and allows us to process write through to Xero - it is a perfect combination.

We use the post method primarily which may be old fashioned but a paperless office appeals to so many people.

Chris Cheeney  

Receipt Bank is great and dramatically reduces the amount of time I spend on data entry. The integration with Xero is fantastic and has already reduced the amount of paper lying around the office! It's great to be able to log in and see copies of the receipts for future reference. The mobile app is really useful - and means that we never have an excuse for not uploading a receipt!

- It saves time, it's user friendly and the customer service is fantastic.

Sian Evans  

Receipt Bank customer service is awesome! It's nice to see a company that cares so much about helping their clients!

Mark Willison  

We love Receipt Bank - it saves us time and money on our internal bookkeeping jobs and does the same for our clients who use the service directly.
The team are a pleasure to deal with and provide outstanding customer service.

Lucy Danon  

We've been using receipt bank for some time now and it's a really great solution for some of our clients. The days of data entry are numbered.

Mark Wright  

A fantastic add-on, clients records come through in much more timely and better format for us, integrates well with Xero and clients enjoy the minimum effort required of them in recording their expenses.

Highly recommended!

William Gallop  

I'm still in 2 minds about RB. Initially I had to agree that the concept was ideal. I have several clients and some have an incredible amount of data input hence RB sounded perfect.
Unfortunately I find the time delay between sending items and their entry on system is too long, along with having to send some items more than once. Several invoices need to be edited as information is incorrect. Incorrect information in turn makes Xero overlook invoices already on the system ie during bank reconciliations and Xero is then left with several un-allocated invoices sitting on the system.
Hopefully RB and Xero are exchanging customer reviews and RB are looking at fine tuning what in theory is a fantastic idea.

Hazel Weldon-Mack  

Dovetailing Xero and Receiptbank has revolutionised my practice !

I focus my practice on providing timely and relevant data to my clients. Whilst book keeping is an essential part of the process, it is also the most time consuming, and the one with lowest margins.

Utilising RB together with Xero has streamlined my practice to the extent that I dont need to employ a book keeper.

Of course you still need to manage the data, and ensure the receipts you transfer over have the correct information but in my experience RB is 99% accurate, and this takes a fraction of the time of manual entry. Plus you get a scan of the invoice attached to the Xero entry automatically, which clients think is amazing.

I use the mail in service for big batches of invoices, but scan in invoices which RB can misinterpret (utility bills), or of I have only a few. I also use the app which is by far the easiest way to submit paperwork. Clients love to submit stuff this way too.

A tip, take the time to synchronise Xero and RB before you submit any invoices to RB. Also link up your Suppliers with the Nominal code that normally relates to that supplier (if possible) - saves you even more time in the long run.

Highly recommended.

Adam West  

Hi Hazel Weldon-Mack,

It would be good to discuss your experience with Receipt Bank, please contact us at partners@receipt-bank.com.

Best Wishes, Helen

Helen Swan-Thompson  

At @Cassons we look on Receipt Bank as a vital part of the overall solution for businesses managing their financial affairs. On one level, it deals with all the bits of paper but more importantly it is another brick in the wall to help businesses to have really useful business management information to act on.

Tony Reynolds  

Wow, Wow and Wow - thats one of the best ways to describe Receipt Bank.

We have been using it for around 8 months now, for both ourselves and our clients, and the benefits are tangible. We have clients pushing through between 10 - 1,000 receipts per month, and the efficiencies and time savings we are achieving, combined with the slick interface with Xero, is saving our clients $, and freeing up our time to provide higher value services to our clients.

The support staff at RB have been fantastic. We have been able to rely on the support of RB to be available to assist us with any implementation issues as and when required - nothing seems to faze them.

If you're expecting RB to be a silver bullet in its own right, then don't. You can't just enable it and then walk away - you need to ensure it is customised correctly for the end user (not difficult, but if you dont do it, then you're wasting opportunity). You still need to provide a level of validation on the processing - it gets smarter, but at the end of the day, its still only software, and will still be subject to nuances. Understand that, work with the application, and the benefits soon become obvious.

Our plan is to make RB an intrinsic element of the bookkeeping services we deliver to our clients.

Cassandra Scott
Laurus Bookkeeping

Cassandra Scott  

Why we love Receipt Bank

- Easy to use
- Increased capacity which allowed our business to grow without increasing staff
- The time saved using Receipt Bank compared to it's is easily 10 fold
- Turn around times are good compared to other services

It really does give us more time to do the interesting part of job rather than boring old data entry!!

Melanie Pollock  

I'm so glad we discovered Receipt Bank. We've been using it for about a year now.

It means my clients have less time to lose their receipts as they can upload them as soon as they get them.

I can see the end of data entry ( not a day too soon) especially following the upgrades to allow even more standard entry settings.

Clients love it as they don't have to do the filing.

My clients can now upload their receipts and they will appear in Xero as a draft and I won't have done anything how good is that?

Great work Receipt Bank I'm sure there's more to come!

Lyn Navin
First Class Accounts - Kawana

Lyn Navin  

Love, love, love it Receipt Bank! Favourite things are merging duplicate receipts and GST & GST Free lines being split out when pushed to Xero. Really looking forward to lines on the invoices being split out too. Has completely changed (for the better!) how we work with clients.

Karen Boyle  

Xero and Receipt Bank...like Peaches & Cream, a perfect match! The integration and eradication of paper has made this a must for all my clients. The ability to edit, and post to Xero seamlessly a joy. Being able to archive and view source documents from both Xero and Receipt bank gives peace of mind.
My clients absolutely love it and me for introducing RB to them !!
I have made it a standard part of my 'package' offering, so clients feel they are getting even more "value" than they thought. The bottom line is it makes the whole process cleaner, more efficient and therefor more profitable in the long run. Gives us more time and space to do more 'sexy' consulting work eg cloud integration and advisory work.

The team are fab to work with and support excellent. The development team keep working on improving the features and the upcoming 'line splitting' capability is really exciting.

Like most software, you only get out what you put in, so take the time to explore the features learn what it can do for you and your client. Customising things for each client does not take long but worth the time and effort as it will save time in the long run and ensure accurate recording and data

Oh...and did I mention.... RB is simply a cool and fun thing to use and great for the environment... loved by all the tree huggers :)

Give up Receipt Bank....over my dead body.

Mitch Uzelac  

Love this for two reasons. One, we use it in our own business both for expense claims and bills. Secondly, it's a value add that we give clients during our bigger projects, and ALWAYS wows them without fail. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

Dan Fairbairn  

We deal with a number of add on Partners and Receipt Bank is far and away our #1 partner. Our clients love it because it helps them get rid of unnecessary admin and lets them focus on their business. We love it because we receive our clients data in a uniform, consistent form with a copy of the invoice attached in case we have a query. Overall it's a win/win for us and our clients. A great partner and a great team that we recommend to every client.

Greg Tuckwell  

RB saves one of our Restaurant customers approx 3 hours per week and they no longer need to keep mountains of Invoices. Enough said...

Chris Eccles  

Receipt Bank legit saves our clients at Inspire CA 10 - 50% of their time that they used to spend when using it with Xero, compared to their old systems.
We love it and recommend every business accounting firm to adopt or suggest this for clients - it pays for itself in triple digit multipliers!!

Ben Walker  

Our clients love the value that Xero and Receipt Bank together provides to their day to day business processing. We recommend this combination to our clients because it hands-down saves them (and us) time when bookkeeping and managing their Accounts Payable. We love it and our clients praise us for recommending such a winning time and cost-saving solution!

Nadi Elias  

Where should I start...Receipt Bank takes the data entry out the equation, which is wonderful as I would prefer to spend my time with my clients looking at ways to better their business rather than sitting down entering data from receipts.
Receipt Bank allows my clients to easily capture the data from their receipts before they lose them, get them wet or the kids ruin them.
I no longer have to waste time chasing clients for copies of receipts to reconcile to their bank statement as copies of the receipts are all nicely sitting in Xero waiting for me to reconcile.
Receipt Bank certainly makes my work life easier and makes the clients happier.

Katie Marshall  

I used to scan, upload, rename, upload again, allocate and reconcile each and every one of my clients receipts, that's what bookkeepers do right? All the nasty data entry and paperwork sorting and brain numbing puzzling is what we get paid for right?

I've learned that we are so so SO much more than drudges. We solve problems, we provide outstanding solutions for clients who have a nightmare in their accounts tray. We make their lives more fulfilling by providing systems and processes that make the running of this aspect of their business a cinch. Easy, simple, piece of cake.

Receipt Bank is one of those wonderful tools we use right alongside our calculators to manage our clients accounts. In my opinion, it's as important as my calculator in the hierarchy of office tools.

I can now provide my clients with a faster, MORE cost efficient and effective solution to the bookkeeping needs of their business. I LOVE that I can continue to be their point of contact buy collecting their docs and uploading them myself, in half the time!

It's as simple as scanning in receipts, whizzing them off to RB for processing and hey presto! There's an email saying we're ready to roll!

Fabulous system, don't know what I'd do without it now!

Rebecca Bigg  

We have been using Receipt Bank for over than a year now and couldn't imagine working without it.

Not only has it streamlined the way we process invoices but it made life so much easier for us but for our clients as they can snap a photo with the app instead of hoarding paper.

We will definitely be continuing to use and recommend Receipt Bank to our clients and peers!

Carbon Bookkeeping (Payroll)  

Since joining the Xero revolution a little over a year ago we've been steadily exploring the Add-On community to identify the best of breed complimentary solutions on offer. Receipt Bank has been an awesome addition to the bookkeeping solutions we offer clients and has now become a standard part of the package we present to new clients. Integration with Xero is excellent, clients love the APP and combined with bank feeds on Xero clients' records cluttering up the office is becoming a thing of the past. A truly paperless office is fast becoming a reality!

Eamon McManus  

Receipt bank is a fantastic add on for Xero for those businesses that want to completely automate their accounts instead of wasting time inputting data and looking for receipts! The integration with Xero is excellent and with some of our clients who are using this it saves us and them an enormous amount of keying in the data. I would strongly advocate this is the way forward for SME's and would have no hesitation recommending receipt bank and Xero to our clients.

Aidan Malone  

Loving not having those piles of receipts all over my office floor any more. Thanks Receipt Bank. My clients think its great to snap a picture of the receipts and move on. It gets the ifno to us quicker which means their accounts are more up to date than they would otherwise be.

Jac Gallagher  

I love this addon solution so much I wrote a blog piece on it! It just makes sense. Make a purchase, get a receipt, capture/photograph the receipt, load the receipt, reconcile the receipt, bin the receipt and be totally compliant with record keeping and your annual accounts. Every Xero implementation we do now comes with the recommendation of using Receipt Bank to enhance and streamline the overall solution. Its also hands down the easiest app to use!

Amy Holdsworth  

Seeing how most reviews are already 5 starts, I am not sure how much my opinion will impact your decision to give Receipt Bank a try, but here it goes:

Receipt Bank is a great product, but you need to play around with it as there are several ways to structure your paperless process. If you have a single account, you would implement the add-on differently to a business where you have multiple accounts. You may wish to use it for all your invoices, only for credit cards, or only for cash receipts. You can also decide on different submission methods for different type of paper/electronic invoices. You can also set the synchronisation option on, so that Receipt Bank runs in the background and you manage everything in Xero. The great thing is that Receipt Bank allows for this flexibility.

The value that Receipt Bank brings rises exponentially the more receipts you need to enter. Entering a single receipt, can be done manually, and takes just several minutes. Entering 50 receipts takes 1-2 hours of focused data entry, and it is a draining experience. In comparison, snapping the pictures should not take more than 20-30 minutes and couple minutes scanning through the bills before importing them into Xero. Now imagine doing the same for 200 receipts! The value is definitely there!

Unfortunately Receipt Bank is not a substitute for general administration skills. It can make the process easier, but if you are not able to track what receipts have already been submitted, if you cannot take clear pictures, don't reconcile your accounts regularly, it can also become a frustrating experience, but that's not Receipt Bank's fault :)

I work for a public accounting practice, and many of our clients use Receipt Bank. Once the integration with Xero is set up, client gets trained and accustomed to using RB, we hear nothing but praise.

Alexey Mitko  

We started Receipt Bank 2 years ago and totally fall in love with the system. Comparing with other system available in Australia, Receipt Bank is miles away in term of user friendly interface & functionality!

Just like XERO, Receipt Bank is becoming the future of bookkeeping & accounting industry. I had an interesting chat with one of the top IT guru in the country about how people are using phone on their daily activities and we are both amazed by the "overnight effect" of people using phone to pay for bills. He said "Even the bank was surprised about how many customers adapt so quickly with the change". Receipt Bank is one of the best app in my phone and I use that every single day...instead of putting the receipt in your wallet and then go home dump it to a folder...then 3 months later having to sort one by one then enter them in accounting system...I just pay for thing then open phone up and take a picture straight away in front of the sale person. It takes same time as saving it to your pocket!

Receipt Bank will become part of our life, our work and our community.

All the best for the team and keep it up!

Harry Hoang  

ReceiptBank is great for helping clients to capture their data quickly, rather than having a heap of small fiddly items to deal with at the month end or even losing those "on the run" fuel/small stationery items/etc type receipts, so missing out on claiming these against their tax - just a quick photo with a mobile phone and they can forget it. For other invoices the option to single page scan or scan multiple invoices to one file is a great time saver. And once I got the rules set up properly, it streamlined tasks even more. I'm aiming for paper-free and RB means that clients either don't need to send me paper copies, or if they do, then they are far fewer and in my office for less time than would otherwise be the case.

Ruth Wailes  

We have been using Receipt-Bank for about a year. One of our services is the provision of an outsourced Finance Department for SMEs. I know accountants who went into this market a few years ago and spent tens of thousands on custom invoice reading systems. Starting at £10 per month, R-B is a great value tool. I am based in Belfast, Northern Ireland but R-B gives me the opportunity to service Clients anywhere and that is the unique benefit of Cloud applications. Paperless is now a reality thanks to R-B and Xero. I have a London based Client in the Leisure industry who has a number of Venues and each requires separate accounts. R-B allows each venue manager to upload or mail invoices to R-B with their own unique user code. This allows R-B to attach the correct tracking to the transaction which Xero recognises. I have a Client who owns a Pub in Cape Town and is delighted with the phone app and uses it to upload all of his invoices. Together with a Cloud Point of Sale system, it allows my firm to produce monthly accounts for him 6000 miles away. Also I recently got a new Client in London because she was so impressed with my brief demo of the R-B phone app. Two London Accountants had pitched for her business but even though they were slightly cheaper she chose us because of the brilliant App!

Ray Baxter  

I'm sure when it comes to our clients and getting there paperwork especially those pesky thermal receipts that it can be like herding cats - yes!!?? Well Im so impressed with Receipt Bank and how its user friendly or rather client friendly and affordable too. So Im on a mission to put all my xero clients onto receipt bank then we all have the ability to see documentation when needed - yipppeeeee I may actually get to have a personal life now!!! Thank you muchly Receipt Bank!!! :)

Debbie Severiny  

We often times have clients coming to us after they hear about what we do or watch the explainer video on our website. Time and time again, they always ask us..."so you're telling me I can take a picture of my receipts and throw them away?!?". We always tell them that it's the go-to feature of our firm. We then demo them on Xero with the Receipt-Bank integration, and time and time again they are blown away. Receipt-Bank makes adding a client and integrating with Xero extremely simple and the user interface makes training a client on it a breeze as well. It's a must-have for every client as it removes the headache of paper receipts. We use it at our own firm as well and I even use Receipt-Bank for my personal receipts. And lastly, I am very impressed with their customer service - they take a pro-active rather than a re-active approach.

Lior Zehtser  

If I could give a 4.5 rating I would. Our whole team loves Receipt Bank and we have almost all of our monthly clients using it. We found that Xero increased our efficiency significantly, but with the addition of Receipt Bank it increased even further. Having a copy of an invoice available at all times is priceless.

Our Xero pitch almost always includes Receipt Bank, and if work is to be done in our office then it is mandatory. Clients love the fact that all they have to do is take a picture and their work is done.

As fabulous as Receipt Bank is it can be a little clunky for some tasks and the online help could be more comprehensive. Also, I'm not keen on the brown. :)

However the pro's definitely outweigh the con's and the staff are all lovely! Keep it up guys!

Receipt Bank is worth every penny.

Zoe Kosky  

Let me start by saying, What's not to love? Receipt Bank simplifies the way we work as bookkeepers. Instead of constantly asking clients what a particular expense or purchase was for we now have a copy of the transaction on screen in front of us - all the information we need is available to us. This and the fact that the client no longer has to keep all their EFTPOS dockets and cash receipts is an added bonus. I am attempting to get all my clients on board and the one's that are using so far, ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. Everyone should be using it!!!!

Sue Kapperer  

Receipt Bank really helps to streamline processing of invoices. It helps many clients reduce admin time to focus on their businesses. By clients utilising Receipt Bank it makes reviewing accounts so much easier as all purchases have the scanned image of the invoice attached.

I would recommend using Receipt Bank, it's a great add-on for Xero.

Alex Graham  

Receipt Bank is like having an AP staff that works 24/7. Ive been impressed by the efficiency and quality of the OCR process, even on some handwritten invoices. RB allows me to offer services that historically may not have been a good time investment, and makes having a detailed transaction history available without any significant extra work. Whether for client work, internal records, or even personal/household use, RB is a big time saver that is easy to navigate and use.

Andy Parker  

Receipt Bank works well with Xero, taking automation to the next level. A real time saver for lots of my clients and it also means that there's no need to keep paper receipts/invoices anymore!
I would definitely recommend to others :)

Carl Gallagher  

I am loving using receipt bank for our business. It is not only time saving but ensures accuracy of data as well. I know that others are also very impressed with simply uploading their photos without worrying about collecting receipts! Great system, and support is very efficient and helpful also.

Amanda Gooding  

Receipt Bank is undoubtedly one of the best ad-ons for XERO. The way it works is really amazing, makes office paperless and brings every invoice just a click away. It saves significant bookkeeping time with great accuracy and accessibility. It is simply awesome and highly recommended.

Arif Bashir  

We have been using Receipt Bank for a number of years now and find it an invaluable resource. Our clients especially love the phone app that allows them to quickly snap pictures of coffee receipts, train tickets and other small receipts and avoid the traditional bulging wallet of expense claims paperwork. It saves clients money as they don't lose their paperwork in the first place so claim back more expenses and get the tax relief for these.

The improvements to the app are making it more useful and we look forward to the upcoming releases that promise to make it even better!

Gail Bainbridge  

We moved to Receipt Bank about 4 months ago having tried various other products. The system is well designed & service levels are high - of the system & staff. The issue that you are always going to find with such systems is in respect of VAT where it isn't always clear whether an invoice is zero rated, no VAT or Exempt - particularly when it is a foreign supplier. Receipt bank offers various alternative methods, which helps to take the pain out of this & it is important that any user spends time understanding how each works.
Whilst we are still finding our feet with the system the benefits are becoming apparent & it is quite a nice feeling to simply scan-in invoices & go & work on something else rather than have to enter them all yourself, particularly when busy. It allows you to control workflows well. Of course the added benefits are that it saves on filing space & makes location of documents far easier.
We don't provide access to clients because we prefer to keep control of documents being uploaded to Receipt Bank to ensure that they are fully compliant. However, we may do going forward.
I don't think that any system is going to be fool proof but Receipt Bank is the best that we have used & we are not yet using all functionality.

Martin Pope  

We've only been using Receipt Bank for a few months but we couldn't do without it now. To be able to pass on the tedious task of sorting the receipts is fantastic.

Chris Skelding, AFA  

A great company is made up of great people who sell a great product at the right price to the right market with great back-up service. I love ReceiptBank for these reasons, except for two - the people and the product. They are not great, they are fantastic. What a pleasure to award them with 5 stars!

Michael Mori  

I have only been using Receipt Bank for a couple of months and I am already beginning to see the benefits. The time it saves me I can use to add value to the service that I provide for my clients.
Integrating your client onto Receipt Bank can be a pain but once that is sorted using Receipt Bank s a 'no brainer’ and I will happy to recommend it to my colleagues and clients. It is definitely one of Xero's best 'add-on's'.

Ambrose Gordon  

Fantastic company, with fantastic people, making fantastic products!

Motty V  

ReceiptBank makes our lives as accountants and bookkeepers a breeze. Would like the turnaround times to be improved on processing. Great support and would highly recommend the app.

Ryan Coates  

At Archie & Doris we've been using Receipt bank for a long time now, and try and we try and sell it in right at the start to ensure we get everything off on the best possible foot. I've always found the Receipt Bank team to be incredibly helpful, friendly & fun at a party too! Marcus x

Marcus Warry  

Receipt Bank is the second greatest thing since sliced bread. Instead of letting purchase invoices pile up for a dreaded day at the end of the month when they need to be posted, just fire them straight at Receipt Bank and hey presto, they are in your accounting system. World class!!

David Houston  

Receipt Bank is a fantastic innovation and a must for anyone with any significant AP. We have been using the product extensively in our practice and the time saving/ease of administration makes it a no-brainer. The RB support team are terrific, very responsive and keen to always develop the product. Happy to recommended RB to all clients based on our own terrific experience. Using the app whilst meeting a client at a Cafe is always a hit too!

Stuart Brandman  

Receipt Bank, what did people do before it? Takes all the hassle out of AP, its been a great help to my business and my clients' businesses. 5 Stars all the way!!!

Nick Kay  

Receipt Bank is proving valuable for our practice, our clients love to use receipt bank app and send their expenses which has saved a lot of time.

Sarfraz Fayyaz  

Receipt Bank has reduced my business and my clients' need to scan and attach files using a printer! We now scan our receipts directly into Receiptbank. This is great if my clients are out and about, they can scan the receipt then and there which can and are easily misplaced! I also no longer need to wait for my clients' to send me paperwork - it is there ready.

I have just used Receipt Bank to do expense claims reimbursement in Xero which again is great as Receipt Bank takes across each receipt which needs to be reimbursed, adds it to the expense claim section in Xero and I can batch up all receipts to each individual employee.

I am sure there are still other great aspects which I am yet to use fully.

Nicki Ford  

Wow! I simply cannot speak highly enough of Receipt Bank. The capabilities, the staff and the support, the time saved, the pricing - it just makes sense. There's no longer a reason to be desk-bound inputting data for your clients - let Receipt Bank do that, and get on with adding real value for your clients. Seriously.

Gabrielle Osborne  

Love working with ReceiptBank. It compliments Xero really well and removes the hassle of all the paperwork. Help and support have been great. Allows us to focus on the important stuff.

Olly Evans  

Love Receipt Bank, and how it has helped to stream line the information we need from our clients. The support we have received from Jose, with Receipt Bank, has been fantastic!!

Megan Gardner  

ReceiptBank is the perfect accompaniment for my small business clients, allowing them to deal with their purchases on the run, effortlessly capturing that 'must have' documentation. I've tried the alternatives and nothing comes close to the ReceiptBank functionality. Experience the ReceiptBank difference today.

Paul Greenfield  

Receipt Bank is an ingenious app that is leading the way in digitising the flow of information for SMEs. Accessible with an upload option to suit any scenario with our client base. Why every business would not consider using this it is perplexing.

Garth Belic  

As a bookkeeping outsourcing business, we have many clients who provide us the infamous 'shoe box' of receipts, invoices and paperwork, although I do believe it is more a huge 'plastic lug' of paperwork now, not as small as a shoe box.

We started using Receipt Bank a few months ago, for some of our clients and it has indeed helped us provide them with a more efficient and cost effective service by using Receipt Bank to upload many transactions, instead of manually entering unlimited amount of receipts and invoices.

It has allowed us to complete our bookkeeping tasks quicker for our clients and providing them with a rapid turn-around period. Receipt Bank allows our clients to upload their own receipts, so we have their documentation on a regular basis which enables us to maintain and reconcile their accounts on a daily/weekly basis, opposed to monthly.

It results in a 'plus' 'plus' for our clients and also for us and the services we can provide them.

Tricia Carson  

Receipt Bank is perfect for the paperless office. Our clients are able to drop off their receipts and we can then scan / picture and upload to Receipt Bank. Alternatively, clients can do the uploading themselves and we can do their bookkeeping in a timely manner. Paperwork can be returned to our client but we still have the necessary information available at the click of a button when producing management / year-end accounts.

Daniel Bell  

I use receipt bank with all my clients. I love the Xero/Receipt bank combo. It's easy to use, it eliminates a big chunk of the boring data entry, and eliminates paper.
Its a win/win - It makes running my business and the clients business more efficient.

Andrea Wenborn  

I love signing my clients up for ReceiptBank. The joy on their faces when their record keeping becomes easy, is a great blessing to my heart!
Some of my clients use ReceiptBank with Xero and other use ReceiptBank on its own to help with their GST and tax returns (excellent for estate agents).
My experience with the support team at ReceiptBank has always been outstanding. Quick responses, clear instructions and always a can-do attitude with every request that I have made.

Linda Klok  

Receipt Bank was my first foray into Xero add-ons and it has been and a great add-on for my business. Working remotely from clients, I was relying on clients scanning & Dropboxing any documents I needed. By using Receipt Bank I now get to see and correctly allocate transactions that I was not always able to get from clients. This has saved HOURS! in data entry allowing me provide more information to my clients.
The intergration with Xero allows client to monitor their AP easily.

Peta Henley  

I used to love Receipt Bank. I swallowed the occasional error in processing - wrong currency, usually, or forgetting the VAT. But the error rate on my expenses seems to have gone up in the last three months. I am guessing that they've expanded and haven't hired people who are paying as much close attention - or they're processing more receipts without extra staff. One recent series of errors on the same receipt suggested that a bot must have been handling it, because I had the same incorrect total amount error made three times despite my increasingly explicit requests and instructions (the receipt was in an email I forwarded; a ticket was attached to the email, but it excluded the handling fee; I kept on telling them to use the receipt not the ticket, to no avail). Either way, it's making me less excited about them than I've ever been. I hope it gets better again when this growth spurt settles down.

Caroline Webb  

Add on Partner of the Year for the last few years Running.
That says it all really.
It is a fantastic platform with several different ways to set it up and structure it. This can really add to the Cleints experience as it can be tailored specifically to their needs.

I am looking forward to the Multi account log in that is in Dev at present.

Great work Michael and the Global team

Daniel Moore  

Awesome solution for us and our clients being able to streamline any type of business to save time, paper and data input within their business. Auto-syncing the majority of bills have transformed our clients who once kept folders of invoices for each supplier, which is now a thing of the past with the ability of having all bills / invoices/ credit notes attached and held within Xero.
Brook Pengelly at Receipt Bank has been awesome to deal with and has provided great training to our firm to get us up in running in the early days.

Thanks team for developing a great solution for us to introduce to our Xero clients and other advisers using Xero.

Scotty Jenkin  

Being a cloud based bookkeeping firm, the use of reliable cloud technology is of utmost importance to us and our clients. We love Receipt Bank. It has enabled my team to streamline their work loads, as we are not chasing up receipts, and we now have AP in Xero instead of nothing. This makes the reporting we provide a lot more accurate, as we are reporting on accrual basis instead of half cash half accrual. Love it! Anything I bring up with them is dealt with efficiently and we are not left hanging around waiting for answers. Great product, great apps, and our clients love it too.

Di Crawford-Errington  

I'm a firm believer that Successful Business is all about the 4 pillars, PEOPLE, Strategy EXECUTION and Cash - the mantra GoFi8ure processes and training are built on. The first thing I have to say about Receipt Bank is the people who work there are genuinely passionate about their profession and building a global community success story, and that would come from the top being that Michael and Alexis are gods in software technology and wanting the world to be a better place. #Softwareiseatingtheworld and this flows to the teams in UK, Belgium, Australia and New Zealand; simply put it feels like family when you are dealing with one of their team. Their customer service is A+++ and they are focussed on being not only the best in servicing but the best solution to market. The team live and breathe the marketing strategy in their DNA and its very nice to be in the company of loyal and caring advocates for the product they uphold so strongly. I admire this and like to align my business and my team with good people like that!

Secondly Receipt Bank's strategy for their products and how they execute development, sales, marketing, training, vertical partner liaison, conferences and roadshows shows a level of excellence in strategic positioning that caters to all markets and clients that is world class and award winning! Award winning criteria must surely be proven numbers of accountants, bookkeepers and clients who have taken up the solution and the worldwide growth of Receipt Bank clients must demonstrate they are the fastest growing technology solution - a close second to the other famous accounting solution starting with XERO :)

I can also see quite clearly that the Receipt Bankers get out there and actually ask their community what they want - isn't that refreshing? They are constantly improving and delivering quality solutions with skill, expertise and great personality - that is emblazoned in their software - I just love it - being able to see the efficiencies, the time-savings not just at data entry and creditor reconciliation level but at audit and financial statement time, gives me goose bumps when you realise that increase in net profit due to automation can be a win win for your clients and your own bookkeeping practice!

Lisa Martin  

RB not only ensures that our Clients' Xero files are kept in best practice (i.e. with invoices attached to payments) but also helps us work more efficiently, and lets us do what we love most - add value to our Clients'!

It also has allowed me to scale up my business without hiring yet another data entry person to keep on top of things - all for a fraction of the cost of hiring somebody!

The RB product is light years ahead of its competitors and offers really great features (eg having the ability to upload one file with multiple receipts - that in itself is a scanning delight!). Highly recommend it.

I'm just frustrated with myself that I took so long to embrace RB!

Julie-Anne Ellem  

IGNORE OUR PREVIOUS RECOMMENDATION FOR RECEIPT BANK. Not because it is wrong but because the new Practice Platform has taken RB to a whole new level of innovation and efficiency. On top of the previous benefits to clients and our business from their existing services the PP has now added a whole new layer of managing our processes, staff and client engagement. Within 15 minutes of implementing the new platform we had identified 6 areas where we could improve our internal efficiencies and client service levels. In terms of the benefits to our clients and our business this has to be the biggest single efficiency improvement released into the Eco-system over the last 12 months at least. Well done guys! This shows why you are the #1 add on partner and a must have for all Xero accounting and bookkeeping partners. I'm looking forward to the next release.

Greg Tuckwell  

I love the idea of ReceiptBank but my small clients just don't get it! I'd be interested to know how other accountants have persuaded their smaller clients to adopt it. I have a few larger clients who love it for their staff's expenses claims, but it doesn't seem to offer much to a one-man band who already owns a scanner. Most of them work on a cash basis, coding from the bank statements. They don't need AP/purchase ledger too.

Nigel Harris  

I must admit I'm a real novice with RB right now but have managed to see & make some magic happen. Made a mistake today though and emailed my manager for assistance. Norman "my man" phoned me and all was fixed under 5mins!! Thanks!

Monica Brooklyn  

Receiptbank – Simply the best Xero add on!

Our clients love using the app to send through invoices -which means we actually receive them for a change! This makes our bookkeeping service so much more efficient and stream-lined.
The new interface looks amazing and makes a great product even better. We can monitor our staff’s progress and productivity across all our clients in one spot on one screen.

The support service they offer is timely and the processing times between when it hits the Receiptbank account to when its ready for export have also reduced considerably over the last few months, sometimes happening almost instantly. Best of all is the continued development for the add-on as the functionality is always being improved. Simple things like ‘bulk edit’ are a saviour for us and its innovation like this that makes Receiptbank stand out.

Our staff and clients both love it – everybody wins!

Carbon BK01  

Receipt Bank is a great tool - easy to use and provides access to the paper trail required for compliance record keeping. Being up to date with the accounting records and being able to correctly allocate transactions whilst viewing the documentation, is a great service to offer our clients. As we say to our clients, "we don’t have time to do data entry". Our clients are impressed - a great product to compliment our business, as we show clients how “we save time” and “save them money”.

Great customer support – thank you Receipt Bank.

Gayle Goldberg  

Hi all,

RB changed interface and decommissioned some features, including batch upload from the computer. Also, one now can not send corrections to Xero (normally I correct ~10% of their outputs). The app becomes unusable.

Does anyone know alternatives? I have heard Concur was building something like this, but Concur is a rip-off. Any other options?

Eugenia Ziranova  

I trialed Receipt Bank on my client whose greatest joy is handing me his paperwork to sort out. I wasn’t sure if it would work, because things are stapled on the back and can’t be scanned. I decided to photograph them with my phone. That is already connected to Dropbox, so from there I loaded up into Receipt Bank. Even easier with the new interface. At first I tried to check the quality of the photographs, but gave up. Only one or two each batch need review, so it is much faster to just fix those ones. I have gone from a massive backlog of paper to completely up to date. Using Receipt Bank was fun and the drudgery was taken out of doing the work. I no longer look at a pile of work with dread and my client is getting a better service. I love Receipt Bank!

Caroline Smith  

We absolutely love Receipt Bank! We now include it as part of our packaging as a standard add-on for all managed clients. Having a receipt/purchase document with the transaction saves so much time for not only us but our clients and their accountants too!

We love that Dru is always quick off the mark with any queries and nothing is ever too much hassle.

Thanks RB :)

Amanda Hingston  

Receipt Bank (the service) is an integral part of our service - we automatically roll it into every client because it absolutely improves timely and accurate capture of the basic financial transactions through our bookkeeping service. Clients love the snap 'n send on their phones and being able to simple-forward on any supplier invoices.

In addition because of the capture of source documents it means that any R&D tax incentive or EMDG grants have full audit-ability of transactions down to as low a level as you like.

Receipt Bank (the team) have been awesome in working with me to nail the setup / processes so that the end result is a service that "just works" for clients ... and for us. First Chelsea, now Brooke have been fantastic and are always responsive.

Remco Marcelis  

Receipt Bank has been fantastic for my clients. It has helped us save countless hours on data entry and has streamlined the process of invoice entry and employee expense reimbursement.

The staff have been extremely helpful as well and quick to offer support.

Well done on being such a great service!

Slava Inberg  

Can't imagine life without it. In our small organisation, everyone works from home, so employee expenses are dealt with really easily. Just remind everyone to only take a photo of one receipt at a time rather than try to scan and upload several receipts at once. We are able to easily allocate expenses to appropriate cost centres and no trees are harmed in the process!

Melanie Todd  

Our 3 Subway stores would be a nightmare if we hadn't found Receipt Bank.
I am now almost a paperless office and Receipt Bank has made that happen.
No more holding onto bits of paper in the wallet, take the photo with the app and its done!

Benn Farrawell  

The latest update has made huge improvements... RecieptBank is now super fast to use and a real timesaver. It has dramatically reduced our lost invoices. The only thing that would help us even more would be descriptions entered for line items... but they keep up the development so I'm sure this is coming! Good work RB team.

Phil Williams  

Receipt Bank has been a great tool for my clients. It has to be the easiest way to meet record keeping obligations for tax.
The support from Brooke and Chelsea and the support team has been excellent and Receipt Bank is consistently finding new ways to improve the product and service.

Simon Birdsall  

Loving Receipt Bank! Reduces the risk of data entry errors and love that feeling of throwing those receipts in the bin (no filing!). My favourite aspect of Receipt Bank is having all our receipts attached to the transaction in Xero.

Their customer service is of high standard. Always helpful.

Once the upload bug is killed in the App 5 stars will be deserving.

Megan Fawdon  

Receipt Bank is the best! We love it and so do our clients!

The fact that Receipt Bank extracts data quickly and accurately as well as uploading the picture file into Xero is amazing! We are also super-impressed with the new UI and extra functionality that it gives us.

The flexibility and simplicity of the mobile app is just legendary, its so easy to use and if ever we have an issue, the customer service is faultless. We love that our Partner Success Manager, Anna Cochrane is just a phone-call (or tweet!) away when we need her expertise.

Keep doing what you're doing Receipt Bank team! You guys are awesome!

Taylor Boldrini  

Receipt Bank is the bomb! We use Receipt Bank as part of our clients' bookkeeping process! I love RB Practice Platform to manage our bookkeepers efficiency and productivity! So many of our clients love the fact they don't need to deal with the paper. Love the accuracy and reduction in data entry! Anna Cochrane is an amazing person who gives great personalised service!

Jen Swenson  

Receiptbank is part of my bookkeeping system that I offer clients. It is convenient and easy to use and solves the problem of getting the paperwork to us. Seeing Receiptbank evolve over the past couple of years has shown me that they are worth using as a tool for my processes. Very happy with the customer support that makes my job easier!

Katrina Houlbrook  

I run a small and very lean consulting business and have never been very good at managing my expenses. I was increasingly frustrated with the time and effort it took to track them properly. This is particularly challenging when trying to track expenses across a number of different clients. As a result I was spending hours every month entering data only to track part of the true amount of expenses and bills. Now that I have switched to using Receipt Bank, I have so much more time. Integration with Xero has gven me at least a day a month back and, importantly, because it is so easy to capture and track expenses, I am now tracking my costs much more accurately. Receipt bank pays for itself and some every week. Thank you. I now focus on managing the business rather than data entry and manual book keeping.

Adam Evans  

I have been using Receipt Bank for a few months now and have cut down my processing times by 23%. I imagine that will grow to a further reduction in time as i become more and more knowledgeable about the many features of receipt bank. My clients find it quick and easy especially the App method of sending invoices in. With Receipt Bank enough time is saved that i can take on more and more clients.

Peta Smerdon  

In our office, we play a game "What's your favourite software?" More often than not Receiptbank wins this game. Most of our clients have this now. Awesome.

Martin Tunley  

I love receipt-bank and so do my clients. It's so affordable and simple. Receipt-bank a simplely and beautifully replaces the functions of 1. holding on the the receipt 2. getting it to your bookkeeper 3. keying it 4. filing it 5. storing it. Further, you can code all your receipts from one screen (and that after coding once it smart-codes) AND there are settings to auto code and push to xero without even using the interface (I'm getting bookkeeperee' now). R.O.I. wise (we always want R.O.I.) what does it cost you to process functions 1 through 5 for 75 receipts a month? A lot more than $20 a month right? And.... if you ever get audited all your receipts are there BOOM! Data entry is dead. Receipt-bank is the bomb!

Jeannie Doherty  

What a FANTASTIC program. Not to mention the support team and staff are wonderful and incredibly good looking. Receipt bank is the cornerstone to our AP Processing. Life is good.

James Webb  

I just love love receipt bank and so do all my clients, they just can't believe that receipt bank will even read a hand written receipt! Receipt bank is especially fantastic for those in the food industry as so many receipts can have gst free and gst inclusive items, receipt bank will do all the hard work and split the gst and gst free items for you, saving hours and hours of manual data entry. Receipt bank we couldn't imagine life without you! :)

Georgina Dixon  

Receipt Bank is a godsend, not only for our clients, but for our firm too! Receipt Bank provides us perfect records for an audit trail, eliminates the necessity to hold onto pesky paper receipts and saves us HOURS each week. The app is especially helpful for uploading receipts on the go. With an amazingly supportive, helpful and innovative team, it is easy to see why so many people are turning to Receipt Bank to track and manage their expenses.

Brooke Holmes  

We have been using Xero + Receipt Bank for some months now - Brilliant! I know we still have a lot to learn about full automation in Receipt Bank but already it is saving us time and, more importantly, our clients actually LIKE using it, so no more missing paperwork. Keep up the good work Receipt bank.
Will give 5 star when receipt bank brings the supplier invoice number into Xero.

Barbara Ford  

Receipt-bank is a great product - best of breed. Not only is the product itself excellent but the team behind is always looking to improve its functionality, ease of use and value-add with innovative features. After thoroughly investigating other receipting/A-P options, we decided on receipt-bank as it is far superior to its competition.

Kim Maine  

Receipt Bank is one of those apps that makes both the clients business and my practice easier to run. We now mandate that all client come onto the RB platform to maximise the efficiency of it.

David Boyar  

We have used Receipt Bank for a while now and it keep’s getting better and better.
It has not only saved a ton of time, but it makes finding documents you need to view simple!
Easy to use and the support we get from Receipt Bank is amazing.
I recommend it to everyone– 10/10

Alana Reeves  

At Cornerstone we LOVE Receipt Bank. It has completely changed how we work with our customers.
- major reduction in chasing paperwork and therefore verifying transactions
- saved us hours and hours of data processing time
- made managing payables a much less stressful process as we have all supporting documents online and in Xero
- less stress reconciling credit cards as each receipt is captured and visible
- helps our customers start the paperless journey...very liberating

It has also meant we can deliver against our fixed price packages for customers. As long as they use RB consistently. If not they know the drill...

The new dashboard is AWESOME. The team love it and already can't do without it. Great innovation and really helpful. If you haven't tried it , give it a go...you won't be sorry.

The team at RB are excellent and a valuable asset to our team. Always helpful and quick to respond to queries. We really appreciate all their efforts.

Thanks RB we think your the BEST!

Tim Hoopmann  

Receipt bank helps minimise the risk of loosing documentation and then not being able to claim the expense.
Documents scanned into receipt bank do not fade like receipts in a wallet/purse do.
Transmits information to Xero to make reconciliation a breeze by matching expenses to their invoice/receipt and allows an audit trail to be established.
Multiple people can access receipt bank to monitor and correctly allocate receipts, so if an individual is unsure, their bookkeeper can log in and correctly allocate the expense in receipt bank before it transfers to Xero.

Kyle Adams  

Receipt Bank really fits into my Business. I have alot of Clients that I not only maintain their payables but also the offsite filing of the documents. Being able to store the documents online with the Transaction easily is fantastic. When questions are asked it is quick and easy to find the Invoice in Receipt Bank and answer any questions.

My Staff now have an easy Electronic Process to receive, process and store Payables. Receipt Bank is to thank for that.

Don Doolan  

Receipt Bank has proven to be a great success for now almost all of our clients. The practice platform is a terrific dashboard to get an instant snap shot of my client base and what needs to be done! The support provide is also 1st class. Thanks!

Daniel Hardy  

ReceiptBank has such a great reputation that our clients are asking us to sign them up, now!

Nicole Lynch  

Time equals money, I cannot afford not to use ReceiptBank and strongly recommend it to all my clients - we love it!

Denise Palmer  

Receipt Bank is such an essential part of our workflow, Xero and Receipt Bank are now just as important as each, as other without one you cant take full advantage of the other. RB is now not just a recommendation to our clients its just a given that it's part of the software suite.

Also cant speak more highly of their support staff and management, quick to respond and love getting suggestions.

Great product, vital to the future of business and cloud accounting!

Dave Gorter  

Have been using Xero add-ons for years and I came to Receipt Bank much later than I should have. Implemented it for my wife's architecture business about 6 months ago and the whole process was a breeze. Its auto-pilot for accounts payable, the integration with Xero could not be simpler and the pricing is just too good to ignore.

I have since introduced the product to my healthcare clients and they are blown away by it. For industries in the dark ages, products like Receipt Bank are like moving them to the arctic circle in the summertime.

Oh and great support from the RB team. Look forward to working with you on many more implementations in future.

Marcus Wilson  

Goodbye data entry... it's all been said already but I have to give additional 'wow' marks for support and service, and the expense report function.

Kirsten Forrester  

We've been using the add on for over 8 months now and it has saved us tremendous time. The storing of invoices in Xero to each transaction saves us time trying to locate the invoice as we have previously kept them as hard copies in folders. Going paperless has never been simpler and no longer is a bulk of time used for data entry.

The new layout is user friendly and easy to navigate.

Thao Ly  

We LOVE Receipt Bank! Easy to use, great interface, and it saves us time. It just works!

Michael Randall  

I can’t speak highly enough of Receipt Bank. It has made our life so much easier trying to track receipts, invoices and reimbursements. The mobile phone app is my favourite part of the process – taking a photo of a receipt and uploading it immediately to reconcile against the bank statement in Xero is brilliant. My husband is a CA accountant and even he is thoroughly impressed. Thank you Receipt Bank!

Ruth Eldridge  

We also love Receipt Bank.
I love how they send the full photo of the invoice to Xero so I can double check invoices in Xero on the go wherever I am. I don't even look at the invoice in RB once it is uploaded because I trust their application of my rules, and I like to see the invoice in Xero where I can spend more of my time doing work rather than paperwork.
They are very quick, often getting work done within the day - and even granted my request to save the reference no as the supplier's invoice no which makes finding invoices in xero really quick - using statements etc.

The only thing I would add as a 'con' was that sometimes they change the supplier's name a fraction or two which makes sending remittances in xero/or doing batch payments annoying as you have to manually change the name to get it all aligned.
Still a small price to pay!
Thanks Receipt bank

Laura Ford  

We love receipt bank, it improves our productivities and saving a lot of our account managers' time in submitting expenses.

Feed Back:
Can we request Receipt bank to improve the speed of the processing

Thanks Receipt Bank

I am finding it very unreliable in accurately scanning documents. Everyone has to be checked and double checked before I dare put it into my accounts as a result does not save much time and increases frustration

Simon Mummery  

Hi Simon, Nelson here from Receipt Bank. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues! Please get in touch with us on support@receipt-bank.com as we can definitely help with setting up rules and reviewing your account to ensure you have the highest level of accuracy.

Nelson Da Silva  

Receipt Bank has completely transformed our bookkeeping practice. We hit Xero Gold status without employing a single extra staff member solely because we can process client work so much more efficiently than before by using Receipt Bank.
I LOVE cloud bookkeeping and the difference it has made in our professional space. However not being 'on site' has come at the price of not reliably having access to the source documents. This has led to inefficiencies and frustration where staff have to communicate with clients, often many times, when the bank transaction line is just not enough information. Receipt Bank addresses this void. And does it very effectively.
I also took up the Practice Management Receipt Bank addition. This enables me to have a daily overview of jobs' status within our organisation and identify and address any inefficiencies.
Add to all of the above that they have an amazing support team and you know you are on a winner!

Cindy Drew  

Definitely an exciting product to link to Xero. I think it will greatly assist our firm in gaining efficiencies with our clients and greatly help with substantiation of items. They have a great team who are very helpful and easy to deal with.

Timothy Middleton  

There is no need to keep all those tiny, annoying receipts anymore. The idea of Automating and saving my clients money is too good an opportunity to pass up. Spend the time on setting each client up properly and automating as much as you can, will lead the victor to the spolis.
Yes, there will be some clients that it wont fit 100%, however, you will still save a huge amount of time in processing as much as you can through RB.

Kim Anthony  

I love Receipt Bank. Aside from creating amazing opportunities to save time and money, Receipt Bank really knows how to deliver great customer service - above and beyond. Special thanks to you, Chelsea, for all of your amazing support!!

Ed Stattmann  

I would highly recommend Receipt Bank to any professional firm. It saves so much time and once you've done the training its very easy to use. Great support with lots of amazing ideas on how to grow your practice.

Michelle Hannemann