Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

simPRO

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |Invoicing + Jobs

3 out of 5 stars

Based on 4 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and simPRO, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About simPRO

Your comprehensive software tool for Electrical, Plumbing, Security, Heat Pump, HVAC, Service & Blue Collar Industrial Contracting Businesses: 1-100 staff, check out simPRO.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with simPRO, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the simPRO support centre or this page for information on connecting simPRO to Xero.

6 Customer Reviews
DOES NOT PLAY WELL WITH XERO
CUSTOMER SERVICE DISGRACEFUL FROM SIMPRO
Absolutely disgusted with the customer service from SimPRO. I fully paid for SimPRO based on my sales consultant promising that the software was capable of performing the same tasks as my current package. After paying my money and completing the pre implementation training I had an implementation consultant visit my office to commence the installation. At this point my consultant advised me that much of what I had been promised at the sales point was not something that could be done by SimPRO without major customisation totalling approximately $28,000. After negotiating the customisation cost, I proceeded with the implementation only to find that when I imported my contacts from XERO, the data had imported into the wrong fields in SimPRO. WHAT A MESS this program was about to make of my business. Now I am having trouble getting full reimbursement for the product. I cannot recommend this product. Save yourself the headache and speak to someone first, I have since met another business who purchased SimPRO and waited over 2 YEARS for a feature that was promised at the sales point. They have only just started to use the software after over 2 years and they had to pay upfront.

*Edit
The below comment from Simpro is the first contact from the CEO that I have seen regardless of our requests for contact directly with him. The fact remains that our sales representative made false claims which resulted in us deciding to proceed with the program. These claims can be substantiated by our Simpro implementation consultant whose details can be made available privately on request.
Considering the initial outlay for our company was over $15,000 we are disappointed that the software did so little to meet our needs.
I do however recommend GEOop as a suitable alternative, great service and attitude.

Matthew Pritchard  

We have a client who is happy with simPro but when we phoned simPro to get the "add-on" to allow simPro to talk to Xero they wanted another $450, in addition to the monthly $40 charge. OMG!

Veda Konovalov  

After reading the comment from @Matthew Pritchard I thought I had better reply.

Gecko Security were a standard fit for the simPRO Job Management Software (we do have several hundred other security companies using simPRO quite successfully with a diverse range of sizes), but unfortunately Gecko didn't quite understand that when they asked for something to be changed beyond the standard product functionality then the system moves into the realm of customisation, and customisation is not part of the standard product and has a cost factor associated. In fact it even states in our proposal, which was duly signed by Gecko, that customisation was not included in the sale.

The customisations that were requested were a large range of specific and unique reports and forms that are not part of our standard product. There are over 90 operational reports in simPRO, we offer as many demos as requested in order for the client to do their due diligence, if these were mission critical reports/forms as claimed then one would assume that they requested to see them in action prior to making a purchase (I know thats what most businesses do before making a significant investment in systems).

Since they were adamant that they believed we should do these customisations for them for free, we offered a compromise which was to do the critical ones at our cost price.

Initially that all seemed like it would go ahead and we spent considerable (unrecoverable) time scoping the requirements, but they changed their mind and requested we cancel the order and issue a refund. We agreed to a full refund simply because we would rather not have them as a client because they pretty much proved that they would never be happy unless we did everything they wanted for free, this refund was agreed & accepted by both parties before Matthew's original post here went up, so that comment he makes about having trouble getting a refund is outright false.

However, after we all agreed that we part ways and provide the full refund, Matthew came back and said they now wanted interest on the refund. Moving the goal posts again, we refused but have honoured our commitment of a full refund.

So from our perspective, it is a classic case of unrealistic expectations that we would modify everything to their wants, never ending requests, and them constantly moving goal posts. We are happy to move on without them as a client.

Regards,

Brad Couper
CEO
simPRO Software Group

Brad Couper  

I have many clients using SimPro (mostly electrical contractors) and they are delighted with the system from job costing/scheduling to reporting. Whenever my clients have queries on certain functions they contact support direct and we either have a two way conversation or they keep me posted progress from start to finish. I have liaised and or worked with management and sales in a team environment for just over 10 years and have always found their staff to be professional and informative at all times.

Gillian Rossouw  

@ Veda Konovalov

We charge for accounting links because of the deep integration we do (that requires lots of development work) plus the number of accounting products we integrate with. As a result included in those prices is full maintenance and support of the Xero link so when someone has a problem or makes a mistake, we are there to help them. That includes phone support, live chat and ticket support.

The amount we charge for other accounting systems is higher than the Xero link because they are typically harder to work with and support.

Different products have different levels of complexity and feature, so comparing prices with unrelated products or just arbitrarily not liking a a price is not really comparing "apples with apples"

I trust that this reply answers your concerns about the price

@Gillian Rossouw
Thank you for your review. Supporting our clients is very important to us. We have invested heavily as a company into support and training resources and will continue to do so as our client base grows. It is good to know this is appreciated

Lynelle Hills
CCO
simPRO software Group

Lynelle Hills  

I run a consulting cloud software company and have implemented simPRO into a few businesses. Previous to this I ran a project to implement simPRO into a franchise group consisting of 200+ branches across both Australia and NZ. I have found the product to be very useful, and there is a lot of inbuilt function for the right businesses.

Certainly, it could be confusing to implement at times, as the system is built with the capability to run several different workflows to get to the same end result (for example there are 5-6 slightly varying ways to book a job). I however find this to be an advantage as you don't have to make too many changes in the business to match. Most of the time required to get the product working is not learning the ropes, but analysing current business processes and procedures.

I'm more than happy to talk to anyone direct and independently about simPRO requirements, as well as current users to make sure that there is nothing simple that can be changed to remedy any current roadbumps. No promises, but happy to help. Details below.

Dan - Ocius Digital
www.ociusdigital.com/why-work-with-us

Daniel Fairbairn