Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Help Center

Xero Business Community

Community > Add-on Reviews >

Stitch Labs

Started by Xero API -   in Add-on Reviews |eCommerce

2.5 out of 5 stars

Based on 13 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Stitch Labs, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Stitch Labs

A must-have to manage inventory, orders and customers from all of your sales channels. Automatically updates everything in Xero - check out Stitch Labs.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Stitch Labs, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For support contact Stitch Labs.

13 Customer Reviews
Loving the integration - makes my day so much easier! Need simultaneous multiple currency option in stitch lab to make the last star for me. Then it would be complete for integrating with Xero and Paypal and selling internationally from NZ. Xero integration was the deal maker for signing in with stitch lab.

Still loving it months later - saves lots of time and help and response to questions is fantastic.

Jeanie Ackley  

I originally wrote a glowing review back in September but have been forced to change this based on the latest debacle with the Stitch and Xero integration.

I was a big fan of Stitch when I first starting using it given the ease of use once it was up and running. However, the more I have used it, the more disillusioned I become.

One of the key features for me was the way that Stitch "talked" to Xero and apparently synced and mapped all of the information to the correct Xero accounts. However, it has become clear that this isnt the case and the integration just plain and simply doesn't work and maps incorrectly. The main reason for integration is to take way the manual part of both systems data transfer and we are now left with having to manually correct entries when the incorrect data hits Xero. Very sad.

On top of this, Stitch still does not have an import product function, which again leaves the user having to manually input this data. Its very surprising given some of other vendors that now integrate with Xero offer this function and it appears this "up and comer" award winner from Xerocon US is now falling way behind the competitors.

And lastly, the COGS is only synced once a month. One would have thought that this would have been done at the same time the corresponding sales invoice was created so that it effectively matched from a P&L reporting basis. I raised this with me but just got a response they were looking into it.

Hopefully they can iron out these problems or, like one of the other reviewers, I will be left with no option other than to jump ship to one the new "up and comers"

Simon Knapp  

Overall Stitch is great and this integration is valuable. However, the tax support is limited as Stitch will add a line item for tax and then add a negative tax adjustment to offset Xero's tax calculation. Apparently this is due to a limited tax api. However, I would rather Stitch assume that the Xero administrator has set up the Account that Xero interacts with correctly and just not add the tax line item. If rounding is necessary, maybe just leave the invoice as draft? Anyway because of this I set Stitch to save invoices in draft mode and I go back and fix the taxes. Again, still gets more of the data replicated so adds value regardless of tax handling.

Sean Calvillo  

I love the integration with stitch and xero.

The main flaw that I've seen is the lack of 'Purchase Order' being transferred as they happen, with transaction cost details. Currently the 'cost of goods sold' (via POs) gets transferred on the first of every month, but that's not near detailed enough for people that have new purchase orders (from different vendors) on a weekly basis. This is a must have for people that want to remain on top of their books and want to run a large company with these integrations.

We pretty much love everything else though...so far.

Don't get me started on the Stitch and Spark Pay integrations...too many feature requests to talk about. ;)

Chais Meyer  

Stitch has revolutionized our business, and continues to. There are a bit of things missing (multiple currencies and bulk editing of product through csv to name a couple) that would allow Stitch to work 100 times more for our business, but nevertheless I am a lifer. One day I know Stitch will get there! And I will be basking in all of it's even greater greatness ;)

Tyler Madsen  

I work for Afficient an accounting and Xero integration firm. We have recently been integrating StichLabs and Xero for a client and have found the integration process to be very simple and easy to implement. This allows for real-time accounting information to be generated and our accountants can keep the company's book reconciled on a daily basis.

www.afficient.com.au

Kane Hooper  

We love Stitch Labs - we really do. The service has a great Xero integration, and really helps businesses keep track of all of their logistics. Stitch has one major drawback which has caused us to need to abandon the app. When syncing contacts from Stitch to Xero, Stitch appends a "Contact Code" to the end of the customer name. This wouldn't be the end of the world, except that many of our customers are already in Xero and this creates a duplicate record. The really frustrating thing however, is that Xero's contacts sync with other services, and the "Contact Code" has even found its way into our MailChimp campaigns. Now instead of sending marketing emails to "Caleb Jones" we send emails to "Caleb Jones (1203)" the mess was frustrating, but showing our customers that they really are a number is something that we couldn't do.

Caleb Jones  

We are Australian users of Stitch, of which does not integrate well with Xero. It requires manual adjustments and deletions of lines on invoices carried over into Xero every time. If you forget just one invoice your BAS Statements and all your accounts will be incorrect. Although a fundamental flaw in the integration it seems Australia is too small a market to warrant a fix. Both systems are great seperately, however this asked me to review the integration, of which simply doesn't work.

Steven Deveraux-Stanford  

We are a UK company and to be honest the integration is not as great as it should be for us. Neither VAT nor EC Sales come through accurately. Also as Xero has multi currency and Stitch doesn't, this causes embarrassing problems for us as Stitch keeps updating Xero US$ invoices back to GB£; there needs to be a way to freeze Xero invoices and stop them from re-syncing. Payments also need to be updated on both systems. This is fiddly as Xero is led by invoice number and Stitch uses order numbers. We have raised all these issues with Stitch and have seen no progress; therefore we will most likely have to abandon Stitch at the end of our business year.

Jacqui Rickman  

There are definitely issues with Xero/Stitch integration. The taxes that should be attached to the product do not come across with the items. I could previously manually adjust each line item in Xero, but I can no longer do this. The cost of sales is not coming across properly into Xero, and as the cost comes as one manual journal entry at the end of each month, it's hard to track where the entry is out of balance. Also, Stitch only sends COS across when an order is completed. If a large order is ongoing, there is no cost of sales recorded for the period that partial or progressive invoices are generated. We use multicurrency, and I want to set the rates according to our government bank rates. Stitch restates our rates. We are currently running parallel with our previous programme, and we cannot switch over unless Xero and Stitch solve their issues.

Nancy Meredith  

We are disillusioned also. The once-monthly sync of COGS is not good. Also difficult to navigate around in. Crying shame that Xero cannot do native inventory. We are moving to Quickbooks online

Ben Gooden  

we are disillusioned as we use stitch to link our sales on AMAZON.co.uk with XERO but really does only help us to create an invoice in XERO without entering manually the name and address of the customer. Infact we still need to change the invoice number, link manually the item code with the one in Xero and change the VAT.
it is helpful but I was thinking to get more for the amount paid...waiting for stitch to get the XERO and AMAZON.co.uk integration sorted out hopefully.....will see

Giuseppe Trerotoli  

In the world of SaaS you cannot have it all. There is no 'and' solution just a series of 'or' statements. The Stitch integration with Xero is no exception to the rule.

Previously we were on Unleashed, and were it not for the dearth of graphical reports produced by Unleashed as well as another integration hiccup we'd still be there. Unfortunately we had to make an 'or' call as we also run Vend and Shopify, which don't play well with Unleashed, we switched to Stitch. While the switch alleviated some problems with inventory sync problems it has created a whole host of other accounting issues with Xero.

Two of the biggest gripes are how Stitch handles COGS and the way it has posts sales into Xero. As previously mentioned the fact that COGS is only posted once a month is an absolute disgrace when real time information is key to making critical business decisions. What's worse is for the last two months that once a month function did not work and we needed to request a manual journal posting. On the sales posting side we have had to add an extra step with Stitch. All sales are posted into 'Awaiting Payment' and must be handled manually. When we used Unleashed it was so seamless that we never had 'money coming in' as it was handled so seamlessly, we are a retail operation. There are a host of other niggling issues with Stitch, but they are not integration related.

On the up side Stitch does have a decent Customer Support team, which we have spent a great deal of time communicating with over the last few months. Unfortunately, long term solutions to problems are not 'on the product roadmap at present' and the engineers are perpetually backlogged with work. Credit to them, they do come up with a band-aid solution eventually.

In summary if you are a retailer that makes use of Vend, Shopify and Xero a proper solution to handling inventory that integrates all three cleanly does not exist. Until then there is Stitch and a prayer that the next update will address some of the shortcomings. In the meantime the pretty reports and UI from Stitch should keep you entertained.

Note - It is possible that there is a setting to avoid the problem of sales posting where they do, but after spending considerable time tweaking the system we have yet to find it.

Matthew Finch-Noyes