Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Closed

Find & Recode - Provide access to Standard users

Started by Anita Wildman in Feature Requests | No plans

Why is Find & Recode only available to Advisers and not available to Standard Users?
We prefer to spend time adding value to the client business, not finding and recoding line transactions for them. Very frustrating.

Can this be incorporated into user profiles as an option for Standard users to be able to have?
Thanks
The reason why it's only limited to Advisers is so that everyday users can't make big changes that an Adviser may not know about, or may need to fix! Appreciate why you may like this as an option though, so thanks for adding your request.

Brittany H (Community Manager)

Thanks Brittany - I understand this rationale.

My preference then would be to have it optional on user by user basis as determined by the adviser.

I guess it depends what sort of clients xero wants to cater for - any business with any size will not want to have to contact the accountant if they needed to do a find and recode.

Anita Wildman