Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Reconciliation - Auto reconcile when reconciled transaction transferred to another bank account

Started by Debbie Skinner in Feature Requests | Idea

I would love to be able to reconcile a bank transfer once in Xero. In a past life I used a different accounting package and one feature that was fantastic that Xero doesn't have, was to reconcile a bank transfer between accounts once.

As an example, say I transferred money from the main bank account to the savings account (we use for GST, PAYGW, SGC etc), I could reconcile the transfer in one account and Xero would automatically reconcile the same transaction in the other account.
Thank you for submitting your idea here, Debbie! I've changed the title of your idea to make others who see this request can easily understand it.

Remember to come back and put your own vote, so we can measure the demand of this idea 😃.

Dana A (Community Manager)

I absolutely agree! Even better, for Xero to automatically do the transfers as soon as bankfeeds are uploaded each morning before even reconciliations are done. Then, have a separate tab or something similar for us to verify it, even if say a seperate page in the Reconciliation Report before Bank Rec's and after Accounts Payable. The Rec would zero out at the bottom if reconciled.

Antony White