Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Done

Find & Recode - Ability to remove Tracking

Started by Emily Yip in Feature Requests | Done!

Can we please be able to remove the tracking categories in bulk from transactions using Find and Recode?

Recently I need to remove tracking in 300+ transactions and I don't see your find & recode function helping in this case. Is there a quick way to do this properly, or we need to edit each transaction and delete the tracking?

I've been advised by Xero team that this is not possible and they suggested adding a tracking category called "None" and then choose this when recoding for the transactions we want to remove the tracking category from... but this isn't exactly what we wanted to.
Official Xero Reply
Hey everyone, quick heads up to let you know that we've been able to add this in, among some other F&R updates. Do let us know what you think!

Brittany H (Community Manager)