Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Payroll Feature Requests >
Vote

AU Payroll - Importing Payroll in bulk using spreadsheet

Started by Carli Grant in Payroll Feature Requests | Idea

It would be amazing to have a template, possibly a excel, where a payroll officer can add payroll information in to, then this excel is uploaded to Xero payroll.

This would eliminate manual entry for each person.
Keen to get a better understanding of your idea here, Carli. Would you think that this article about adding multiple employees using Excel/xlsx/xls file could help you achieve what you're after?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Dana A (Community Manager)

HI Dana,

Thanks for your reply.

the template I am referring to would be one used for the actually processing of payroll.

To break down what I am currently doing-

1. I receive timesheets from over 100 employee's. Each employee could work at different sites, therefore all come with a range of allowances for shifts.
2. I enter these allowances and hours in to my own spreadsheet. Once the data is collected,
3. I manually enter each persons hours and allowances

Carli Grant

Thanks for rounding back to confirm, Carli 🙂
I’ve changed the name of your request here, so others who come into this thread can easily understand it.
Remember to add your own vote, so we can measure the demand.

You can also try to use a third party app, or setting up the relevant allowance and pay item within your Xero org, then ask your employee to enter their data themselves through My Payroll for now.

Dana A (Community Manager)