Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Bills - Add second reference field

Started by Synergist Express in Feature Requests | Idea

Please add a field for 2nd reference to purchase invoices. I believe this field already exists, but is currently hidden (the facility is present to import into a second ref field via text import). This is a requirement when importing invoices from another system that generates a unique invoice number - the actual suppliers invoice number is used as the second reference.
---
Feel free to add your feedback (and vote!) on this request here:
Bills: Automatic Bills sequential numbering
Cheers. Brittany, Community Manager.
Official Xero Reply
Thanks for your ongoing input here, everyone. Flying through 2021, we're now in August, and I'll be frank that we don't have any development to share here. Appreciate how a second reference field on bills would be useful for you, but atm we don't have resource capacity for this development. I do want to address some of your unease here though.

While date and vote count are great indicators of interest to our team, these don't determine a requests priority, alone. There's so much to consider, and our team have to make some really difficult decisions sometimes.

Though it may seem like development isn't taking place, our team are steadily chipping through the huge number of requests we've received, and you can check out recent releases on our blog here. Understand this idea is importing to you all, and will be back if there's any news to share 🙂

Emily H (Community Manager)