Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Bills: Apply discounts on accounts payable invoices

Started by Eva Kaupp in Feature Requests | Idea

It would be good to be able to apply a discount on accounts payable invoices. For example, if ordering a large number of items, our supplier might give us a 10 per cent discount that I'd like to apply in a single line after the subtotal. That way I would still be able to see the regular cost of the item for future reference. Plus I'd be able to apply a different discount next time if necessary.

At the moment, I can only manually re-calculate the cost of each item which is a bit tedious. Does anyone have another work-around for this? I've tried to add a credit note towards an invoice to have the same effect, but that would then change the original invoice. Should this be happening?
Official Xero Reply
We've got some fresh eyes assessing all of the Purchases space atm. Being honest that discounts isn't the immediate focus for the team at this point with their attention around machine learning and automating to keep your business beautiful.

We encourage you all to keep helping each other find those interim solutions. If you haven't already voted and you'd like to see this rolled out, pop your vote on to show an indication of interest. We'll feed this back to our product teams for their review!

Jess W (Community Manager)

Best Reply as chosen by Brittany H (Community Manager)
Hi there. Thanks for the post.
We’ve also seen this request, where early payment discounts are offered on invoices.
This is something we may look at in the future but at the moment, we sometimes recommend entering an additional invoice line using a negative Unit Price.
This solution might work for the situation you’re describing here? Thanks.

Jules Desmond (Community Manager)