Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Inventory - Bulk Update Item Codes

Started by Sonabh Bubna in Feature Requests | Idea

Ability to update the item codes in Bulk without losing their history.
Merged: Inventory - Bulk update item codes

I would like to find out the possible option to replace old product codes by the new ones without deleting them as I need their history and trade details. I have over 1600 products and therefore do not think it will be a wise idea to replace them individually.

Would like to find out if anyone was successful doing this. Or any other thoughts.

Cheers

Asif

Asiful Islam

I am trying to do the same thing and found this
https://help.xero.com/US/Inventory_ChangeMultiple
It looks like you can't change item code with a bulk update, must go into each one individually to save past data.

Nick LoCoco

Cheers, Sonabh! We'll keep an eye on demand here. In the meantime, don't forget to kickstart the support for this by adding in your own vote too. 😀

Kavi S (Community Manager)