Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > App Reviews >

PocketSmith

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Bills + Expenses

5 out of 5 stars

Based on 3 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and PocketSmith, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About PocketSmith

Manage your personal finances with automatic Live Bank Feeds and powerful cashflow forecasting. Feature-rich. Send receipts directly to Xero. For more information, check out PocketSmith.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with PocketSmith, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out this page for information on connecting PocketSmith to Xero.

Dissapointed with Pocketsmith and now an ex-user:
To record transfers between bank accounts involves a ridiculous workaround, just create a transfer function.
Can't do a surplus/loss report month by month
Can't record refunds to the same account (eg clothes refund will be included as clothes income on reports
Receipt splits are awkward and you can't notate on separate splits
Can't seem to print reports
Can't choose a date to report on Net Worth
The date format needs improving

Andrew Maclean  

Pocketsmith has a really great interface and is simple to use.
Aside from great search capability, one of the key features I use is sending expenses to my startup's Xero accounting account (business expenses on my personal account or credit card).
This saves me a lot of time!
Tim Boeckmann, Co-Founder Angeloop

Tim Boeckmann  

Before PocketSmith I was a Xero Personal account user, it worked for me because I could do expense claims between my personal and business accounts. When Xero decided to shutdown Personal account I joined PocketSmith and at the time even though they didn’t have the Xero integration I saw great potential in them! They were releasing new updates every fortnight and Xero integration was on the to-do list. I was really happy with the first release of Xero integration, even though it only lasted 30 minutes, it was good enough time to get all my claims sent to my Xero Business account. But the latest update is a permanent connection to my Xero account and I can do transactions whenever I want! This is by far the best personal finance software I have used!! Thanks and keep up the great work!!

Varun Uthappa  

I have been really happy with Pocketsmith, and even more happy when they added the feature to send receipts to Xero. It works well and helps me keep track of personally spent business expenses. Thank you Pocketsmith & Xero for making this possible. I would recommend Pocketsmith to anyone looking to keep track of personal expenses now that Xero Personal is no longer in operation. I find it easy to budget, categorise and overview all my personal spending. For example, at the click of a button I can see how much I have spent on coffees over whatever timeframe I choose. (A bit of a wake up call) I've now been using for 2 years and could not budget so well without it.

Tracy Herbert