Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Xero Search - Search Contacts by address and phone number

Started by Patricia Nydam in Feature Requests | Working on it

It would make life so much easier if you could search by either surname or address or phone number.
At present the search has to be too exact therefore if you get any little thing wrong you can't find the person.
Also in my case 'the boys' can remember the address of the job but not always the persons name - it is very frustrating.
Official Xero Reply
Hi everyone, while I definitely get the importance of these search fields to you all here, I do want to stress the work involved to actually create a search engine of this capability.

Every piece of text needs to be clocked up in the background, so Xero can find this when returning results. This also brings up the issue of rendering results to you; like the order, relevance and number of items to surface, which each become hurdles in themselves.

Of course, the likes of Google and other search engines have far more extensive search functionality than we do in Xero. But lets also remember, their main deliverable service is Search.

Again, I'd like to highlight my earlier post - search by address is coming. We're currently indexing to make this a searchable field, and as soon as it's ready we'll share with you all here.

There are some searches being asked for that are already possible, and you can see a list of the current searchable fields in Xero Central.

Kelly M (Community Manager)