Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Using Xero >

Record transfer funds from old company to new company

Started by Peace Ng -   in Using Xero

Hi all

I'm a newbie here and I have a little confuse, hope you guy can help me.
I have a company in BVI, i want to strike it off in this month, and incorporate a new company in another country, i want to transfer all money from old company to new company.
When record this money in xero for this money (In new company). What account type i should use?
I think i should use type Equity, create an account name: Owner a Capital

Is that true?

Thank you
Hi Peace thanks for reaching out here, this sounds a bit more like you are looking for some accounting advice rather than a feature request.

Sorry to say but we are unable to help in this situation- you may want to reach out to your accountant or alternatively raise this on our discussions forum, where other Xero users may be able to help instead.

Maya W (Community Manager)