Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > App Reviews >

Flowrev

Started by Xero API -   in App Reviews |Other

4.9 out of 5 stars

Based on 10 user ratings
If you are a user of Xero and Flowrev, tell us how you are getting on and your experience so far. Any tips?

About Flowrev

Streamline cost and revenue recognition, and life cycle management. Eliminate time consuming spreadsheets. Gain accurate financials near real time. For more information, check out Flowrev.

Tip

Remember if you have questions or need assistance with Flowrev, this is not the best place to ask - this forum is for reviews and feedback only.

For general support, check out the Flowrev support centre or this page for information on connecting Flowrev to Xero.

We use Flowrev at Firefly Learning and I just can say that is a fantastic tool to help businesses based on ARR. You need to get the assumptions right when using it, but once done that it is way better than anything we have seen in the market. It allows you to recognise the revenue the way you want, besides their Support team is outstanding. They have been always very useful helping us to get the information we wanted and therefore our funraisings have been more successfull. Thank you guys for your hard work,

Álvaro Arranz  

Also a huge fan here. I use it for amortizing prepaid expenses and deferring revenue between months. Team is responsive and very helpful. Great, simple yet powerful product!!

Adam Thompson  

My company, http://www.finling.co.uk, is a xero accounting partner, serving technology, media, property and services companies.
We came across flowrev in 2015 and signed up to their beta programme. We now use the tool on clients who have a lot of revenue deferral, or prepayments. It works brilliantly, saving us time at each month end close, and provides a very good pivot table which serves as a complete audit trail when it comes to balance justification at the year end. Not only that but our team enjoys using the tool in preference to journals and supporting spreadsheets, so there is a morale benefit too.
Kamal has been unfailingly supportive and helpful when we have had support issues.
Bravo flowrev!

Jennifer Denning  

Hi all,
Accountant, CEO, Founder of a xero-based cloud practice.
It's saved us endless hours working on deferred revenue issues.
The software is great. There's a learning curve involved but the automation is key. The support I received from Kamal and his team is second to none. I'm happy to answer questions any potential users might have.

Richie Lennon  

This is something for which i have been looking for many years...... my blog post for ICAEW is here.....

http://www.ion.icaew.com/itcounts/post/Management-accounting---a-time-consuming-task--or-a-piece-of-cake--

Kevin Salter  

We use Flowrev for a client on the revenue side and it is great. Kamal and his development team have been super responsive when we needed help and/or just had any questions. I'm looking forward to using it on the expense side as well.

David Tunstall  

This is an excellent system and has saved me hours of time but more importantly it is helping us to manage our business revenues and forecasts in a way that was impractical before. I have also been hugely impressed at the way Kamal and his team have responded to questions and suggestions in a friendly fast and efficient manner. Good luck guys!

Simon Gordon  

As entrepreneurs that benefit from the subscription model, I believe we all realize how much outstanding customer support can mean to retaining customers and increasing LTV. Meanwhile we are often customers subscribers of services as well. I had an amazing experience today with an executive at Flowrev.

The morale of the story is that I inadvertently had a few invoice errors in the migration from Cratejoy (our subscription box platform) -> Xero -> Flowrev. I didn't realize that I made these errors but rather Kamal sent me multiple messages flagging me that they caught a potential error on their end. Kamal set up a google hangout and sat with me for over an hour this morning as we worked through the issue. (He even waited 5 minutes when the plow truck came by to dig us out of the blizzard of 2016!) By the end of it all, I'm confident that the accounting is all corrected, we are clear on how to be more efficient in the future, AND flowrev earned a reoccurring customer for a LONG time.

If you have a reoccuring subscription box business like us at www.risingsunsnacks.com FlowRev is a must have in your accounting toolbox. The program works very bell but the customer service blew me away! Their cost to acquire me as a customer for life was 1 hour of their executives time. Not a bad return. Cheers!

Sean Adams  

Flowrev has made revenue recognition so easy. Very good guidance and instruction from the Flowrev team getting started, and then it's just a breeze to do the task monthly. Really glad to have found this product, my financial reporting is so much easier and more accurate now.

Stacy Chapman  

If you are a software company looking for a product to help you with complex revenue recognition around subscription revenue Flowrev.com is a great tool that seamlessly integrates with Xero. During our initial implementation the Flowrev team was very helpful in answering all of my questions and getting me setup on their software. We are now using Flowrev.com as part of our financial reporting and month-end processes. -Sean @eShares

Sean O'Keefe  

Flowrev is an Xero add on that has made my deferred revenue accounting nightmare a breeze. Flowrev's connection and interface with Xero is so convenient and easy to use. I have had so many questions because accounting is not my first love and Flowrev has not only reached out by email to answer my questions but I also had a skype session to help set up my account correctly. I highly recommend them for startups!

Nambratha Kongara