Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Superannuation reports - Group by type

Started by Tracey McLaren in Feature Requests | Idea

Can we please have a report that totals the different types of superannuation payments for each employee for the period selected. The reports currently available are not very useful as they either contain every pay period separately (Superannuation Payments or Superannuation Accruals) or only provide totals for the SGC (Payroll Employee Summary). This means that I have to use a number of reports, export them to XL then manually add them to calculate the types of super that need to be reported separately.
Official Xero Reply
Aah appreciate the difference and thanks for confirming, Tracey. We'll leave these ideas separate to get an idea of the interest in each. I'll be sure to update you if there are any plans to implement changes to the payroll reports for superannuation.

Kelly M (Community Manager)

Best Reply as chosen by Tracey McLaren (Original Poster)
Hi Kelly,
Both are questions about superannuation reports.
However my request is for a report that shows the following super payments for each employee:
1. SGC
2. Additional employer payments
3. Salary sacrifice payments
4. Voluntary employee payments.
This is the info that all Australian companies are obligated to report and should be readily available.

The other is a request for a report for each type of super fund/employee.

What both requests show is that the super reports currently available are totally inadequate. I am surprised that Australian legal requirements where not checked prior to your reports being set up.

Tracey McLaren