Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Copy Inv Reference field on Batch Payment Reference field

Started by Christine Garrett in Feature Requests | Idea

I love the batch payment option - where I can see all the information about the payments being batched up in one screen. However, what would make it even better, is if Xero could copy the Reference field (ie the Supplier invoice number that I have already entered on the Bill), into the Reference or Code fields that will be used to go on the Supplier's statement to help them know which invoice this payment is paying.

Currently I go and enter the invoice numbers manually, as I want the supplier to have as much information as possible about the payment I am making to them, to make sure
a) they apply my payment to my invoice
b) they do not have to contact me asking me what the payment relates to

I know that I have the option to email remittance advices, but if you are only paying one invoice per Supplier, then this is overkill and it's just so much easier for the Supplier to match the payment to the invoice based on the information given on the Direct credit payment