Xero - beautiful accounting software

Xero Business Community

Xero Business Community

Hi everyone, Come on over to the new discussions in Xero Central. It’s a more intuitive way to connect and chat all things business with one another. Ask questions, dish out answers, and get involved.

You can still view topics in the Xero Business Community to see all the useful knowledge that’s been shared there; and you can restart conversations you feel have been of huge value to you on Xero Central.

If you have brilliant ideas for innovations, you can keep on adding feature requests in the Xero Business Community, and voting on existing requests. There’s more in store, as we come up with the best way to take on your thoughts and share developments
Community > Feature Requests >
Vote

Customising titles

Started by Eileen Carter in Feature Requests | Working on it

I find that the titles of certain things are not as I would like them for my own system. For example, you send a request for help and underneath it says "share". To me, share means communicating with someone other that the initial recipient. I've been told that it really means reply ...so why not put "reply". Also, customers/clients is another area. I recognise that in different industries we use different jargon but it would be great to be able to modify and customise our own accounts.
Thanks for the feedback here, Eileen. Though we haven't got back sooner, I do want you to know we've been evaluating the feedback we've got around text in Xero Central and in particular, 'Share' on a case.

It'd be quite confusing if everyone had personalisd names for the different actions that can be made on the platform, and I want to open that we don't plan to make these sort of actions customisable, however we're working to improve text where appropriate, to make things more instinctive.

We're going to be making a change to the 'Share' text on a case just as you've mentioned - I'll return to let you know as soon as the change is live, and confirm the refreshed text :)

Kelly M (Community Manager)